Overwatch introduces Limited Time Pink Mercy skin for Breast Cancer Research Foundation, 100% of proceeds go to BCRF

ItsMitch
12 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Now, as far as I'm aware, VAT is 20% in the UK, but the discrepancy is 22%.

Someone in the comments in the link below stated something about the additional costs being transaction fees.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-11-sony-insists-its-not-profiting-from-the-overwatch-breast-cancer-research-pink-mercy-skin-after-outcry

To me it sounds off still considering both Xbox and PC don't have it (apparently), esp with such a bland response given,,,

10 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Someone in the comments in the link below stated something about the additional costs being transaction fees.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-11-sony-insists-its-not-profiting-from-the-overwatch-breast-cancer-research-pink-mercy-skin-after-outcry

To me it sounds off still considering both Xbox and PC don't have it (apparently), esp with such a bland response given,,,

On PC the game is only available through Blizzards own launcher and platform,

so they can choose whatever hit they can take. 

I simply assume that Microsoft decided to eat the fees and taxes they might still have to pay. In such a case, Microsoft may well be losing a small amount of money every time one of these skins is sold. 

It seems to me that Sony simply decided not to eat the fees they still have to pay. 

Is that bad? Hell no, of course not. 

But it’s not *as good* PR as what Microsoft can pull out of this. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, ScratchCat said:

This is exactly the issue - these products can essentially print money out of thin air yet the company can only afford to pass on 70% of the income.

i mean they probably had to pay a graphic designer but to cover that is probably not even 1 percent

On 5/11/2018 at 12:19 PM, SC2Mitch said:

No, categorically false. For the Pink Mercy skin, they take no percentage of it

https://www.vg247.com/2018/05/11/sony-no-profit-overwatch-breast-cancer-mercy-skin/

"Of the £12.99 purchase, Sony says it is donating £10.12 to charity, but the reasons for this difference are not clear."

where is the difference going to then? 22% sales tax? not even alcohol and tobacco is that high

12 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

where is the difference going to then? 22% sales tax? not even alcohol and tobacco is that high

UK tax is currently 20% iirc. 

3 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

UK tax is currently 20% iirc. 

yep 20% for alcohol and tobacco which usually have much higher taxes than other stuff

56 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i mean they probably had to pay a graphic designer but to cover that is probably not even 1 percent

Retexturing a model would not take exceptionally long - look at most Bethesda games, the modding community does that for free. We don't know what the revenue they are making is but 1% could even be on the high side.

On 5/24/2018 at 9:26 PM, spartaman64 said:

yep 20% for alcohol and tobacco which usually have much higher taxes than other stuff

I don't think so. Cigarettes cost is like 80% tax over here or something crazy (£10 or so for a 20 deck). Sales tax in general is 20% although there are exceptions like cigarettes which is higher and condoms which have no tax applied.