Apple iphone SE 2 leaked

NumLock21
4 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The SE. I feel like i'm missing something . . . :(

That video is a joke. 

everything is a joke...

Spoiler

when anything Apple makes doesn't take first place

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

7 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

4" is the target size for the SE. It is what makes it special. 

Cheap

Now if only Apple made a cheap ish full sized iPhone :(.

I'd be happy paying $400 USD ish for a 5" ish ot 6" ish iPhone.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

4 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

clearly becoming a bottleneck, and that's with 3GB

I don't get that "Test"

surely you can flood any device's ram by opening more and more apps/ programs but which (power) user would play multiple games at once, and export videos while doing that? lmao.

The much faster processor makes up for that by loading apps considerably faster. But yea, either way this is not showing that ram size is becoming an issue for now. In the far future it will probably but that's just how things go.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I think being a small phone, and having a low screen to body size ratio is kind of a double whammy of unfortunateness, and if anything, the smaller the overall device is the more important small bezels are.

But this should of course be a nice entry device.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

7 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

i have been using my SE for almost a year... and I am starting to noticed that the battery life i am getting is lesser and lesser. 

and i am not even a heavy user in any way.... ahhhhhh apple please make your phone last longer. 

You should really consider Apple’s $30 battery replacement program. France fought for this to happen, you know. 

9 hours ago, Shadestones said:

My battery is starting to wear down a little too much. Have to charge twice a day with my usage :(

I don't really need extreme processing power or anything, I have other devices for that. I mostly just browse the web on my phone.

Well, the SE probably won't alleviate any battery issues due to having such a small battery....so

7 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

i have been using my SE for almost a year... and I am starting to noticed that the battery life i am getting is lesser and lesser. 

and i am not even a heavy user in any way.... ahhhhhh apple please make your phone last longer. 

That's interesting, I didn't notice any meaningful battery degredation on my 5s, even after four years of use (although my mom's battery was competely shot during the same use period, however she did leave it plugged into the charger whenever she wasn't out of the house).

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

11 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Really easy to predict what is going to change. 

A10 or better

2GB of RAM

12MP camera 

no headphone jack

Glass back for wireless charging (aesthetic af)

What I would like to see is 3D Touch and a Haptic Engine inside the SE 2. 

What's the excuse for losing the jack if the phone isn't thinner?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

24 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Thinner wasnt the excuse for the 7 -- it was thicker than the 6s if I'm not mistaken. It was about making room for the taptic engine.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

5 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Thinner wasnt the excuse for the 7 -- it was thicker than the 6s if I'm not mistaken. It was about making room for the taptic engine.

It's the same thing, they didn't have space for the taptic engine because the phone was too thin. It was only marginally thicker than the 6s.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

21 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's the same thing, they didn't have space for the taptic engine because the phone was too thin. It was only marginally thicker than the 6s.

This is a lie. There is still room. The "baryometric vent" takes up even more volume than the headphone jack and the jack can still fit in if they can at least match Samsung in space efficiency for the plug [the daughterboard depth of the samsung headphone jack is shorter than the depth taken up by the baryometric vent].

The only excuse was that they wanted to remove it and thus did. 

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Needs RGB.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Just now, Curufinwe_wins said:

This is a lie. There is still room. The "baryometric vent" takes up even more volume than the headphone jack and the jack can still fit in if they can at least match Samsung in space efficiency for the plug [the daughterboard depth of the samsung headphone jack is shorter than the depth taken up by the baryometric vent].

The only excuse was that they wanted to remove it and thus did. 

I'm talking about the excuse they gave, I know it's bull. In my previous post I was wondering what excuse they'd make up this time since thinness isn't a factor.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

I'm talking about the excuse they gave, I know it's bull. In my previous post I was wondering what excuse they'd make up this time since thinness isn't a factor.

Ok cool. 

Well "courage".

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

12 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Leaked video shows what appears to be the upcoming Apple iPhone SE 2. The phone seems to have used the design of their older models like the Iphone 4/5 instead of the newer ones like iPhone 7.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/4/26/17284852/apple-iphone-se-2-rumors-2018

I find it extremely hard to believe that this is real given how easy it is to find a shell similar to this. I have found what seems to be the exact same shell before. 

IMG_4995.JPG

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

The reason they removed it was because of internal volume, not thinness. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Well considering the previous article about price, the SE was definitely cheaper during iPhone 6. My got the 6SE for about 250 less than the regular iPhone 6. So if the X was expensive, make a cheaper SE variant today utilizes most of the same hardware (so it doesn't become surplus), and you might get more butters buyers.

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

You should really consider Apple’s $30 battery replacement program. France fought for this to happen, you know. 

This is kind of the fatal flaw of the SE. The tiny battery really doesn't take much to degrade by a noticeable degree. Even if the average power consumption isn't high, the peaks probably wreak some havok over time.

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Well, the SE probably won't alleviate any battery issues due to having such a small battery....so

That's interesting, I didn't notice any meaningful battery degredation on my 5s, even after four years of use (although my mom's battery was competely shot during the same use period, however she did leave it plugged into the charger whenever she wasn't out of the house).

The 5S was also clocked a lot less aggressively. Even on 28nm, the peaks in power consumption probably aren't nearly as high.

Of course, this is just a guess that should be taken with salt to suit taste. :P

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

This is kind of the fatal flaw of the SE. The tiny battery really doesn't take much to degrade by a noticeable degree. Even if the average power consumption isn't high, the peaks probably wreak some havok over time.

What degrades the battery (for the most part) is charge cycles, and the SE doesn’t go through cycles significantly faster than the other devices. In spite of the smaller battery it actually has typically better battery life than the standard 6 or 6S model, owing to smaller power demands (smaller and lower resolution screen, no 3D Touch etc).

Interestingly I’ve noticed significantly more users of the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S plus suffering from battery degradation. I’m almost positive that Apple started using significantly lower quality Li-Ion batteries from the 6 onwards - my 7 Plus has already lost 12% of charge capacity with around 250 cycles which is a concerningly rapid deterioration in my opinion. Most reports of charge potential I’ve seen on the SE are still in the high 80 to high 90 percent range, which is decent. And also slightly angers me when phones that are a full year older than mine still hold more of their charge. :P

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

13 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

A10 or better

2GB of RAM

12MP camera 

no headphone jack

Glass back for wireless charging (aesthetic af)

All of that would be a good upgrade, expect that glass back.

For some reason it always makes it feel like a fragile toy in my hands.

I prefer a solid metal back, like the old iPhone's/iPod's had.

But indeed easy enough to predict :D

Not sure if that is something to call "Good" 

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

2 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

What degrades the battery (for the most part) is charge cycles, and the SE doesn’t go through cycles significantly faster than the other devices. In spite of the smaller battery it actually has typically better battery life than the standard 6 or 6S model, owing to smaller power demands (smaller and lower resolution screen, no 3D Touch etc).

Interestingly I’ve noticed significantly more users of the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S and 6S plus suffering from battery degradation. I’m almost positive that Apple started using significantly lower quality Li-Ion batteries from the 6 onwards - my 7 Plus has already lost 12% of charge capacity with around 250 cycles which is a concerningly rapid deterioration in my opinion. Most reports of charge potential I’ve seen on the SE are still in the high 80 to high 90 percent range, which is decent. And also slightly angers me when phones that are a full year older than mine still hold more of their charge. :P

That's interesting, my 6s plus, with probably around 600 cycles is still at like 95%+ capacity if I remember correctly.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

Im my experience with RC, high discharge rates also degrade a lithium battery quite rapidly. Though, I'm not sure if this translates to smartphones (or even the iPhone) as RC batteries tend to see 20C+ discharge rates, while the average discharge rate for a phone battery would be less than 1C.

I'm not quite sure of the peculiarities between RC vs smartphone batteries. It would be reasonable to assume that at ~2k mAh, a battery of a 1-2c discharge rate (2-4 amps) will be sufficient to power a smartphone with room to spare. Voltage sag is also a factor here too. When amp loads are pushing close to the limits (C rating x Ah capacity = maximum amp output), voltage will drop by a noticeable degree. In rc batteries, I've observed as much as a 1 volt drop under maximum load.

Again though, not sure if the iPhone is so hard on the batteries that this becomes a real factor, and most smartphone batteries rarely, if ever list a C-rating, so this is an unknown factor.

The battery in the 6S isn't appreciably bigger than in the SE. 1624 mAh in the SE vs the 1715 mAh battery in the 6S.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, Whiskers said:

Yikes! And my iPhone 7 that can't possibly be more than ~1 year old has an 86% max charge capacity. 

15 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

What I would like to see is 3D Touch and a Haptic Engine inside the SE 2. 

apple is getting rid of 3D touch apparently

https://www.cnet.com/news/a-new-apple-iphone-may-not-have-3d-touch/

(if you want more proof, google "apple 3d touch discontinued" and check the amount of pages google turns up)

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

2 minutes ago, Salv8 (sam) said:

apple is getting rid of 3D touch apparently

https://www.cnet.com/news/a-new-apple-iphone-may-not-have-3d-touch/

(if you want more proof, google "apple 3d touch discontinued" and check the amount of pages google turns up)

That is not proof. 

3D Touch is not going anywhere.

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

I think this would make an awesome travel phone, cheap, should have a good camera, small, and I wouldn't really care if it were damaged or lost. Hopefully they add water resistance, that'd really make it a great device; though I have a feeling they won't. Which would leave the XZ1 Compact as the better device.

Do they have Here Maps for iOs?

18 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

4" is the target size for the SE. It is what makes it special. 

Cheap, and small, very lucrative market surprisingly. 

You can still have a tall display in the same size form factor. You'd just have to relocate the fingerprint sensor, which is probably more design work then they're willing to put in.

3 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The battery in the 6S isn't appreciably bigger than in the SE. 1624 mAh in the SE vs the 1715 mAh battery in the 6S.

I find that...pathetic.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red