Want to cheat at PUBG, buy a Dell

NumLock21

it's a cultural thing, for Chinese people cheating is really not seen as in the rest of the world. I guess them allowing to have no copyrights laws for years helped create this culture. I went there and there were all this clones of iphones and western cars. This is valid for average joe like the players but also for the companies, in this case Dell China.

I'm sure Dell headquarters would never sign of on this.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Clearly xD

I still say it was a bad PR move.  They've associated their brand with cheating so now anyone who doesn't want to be seen or thought of like that will avoid them.

Lets see where the market share goes in the next few quarters.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, mr moose said:

Yes they do, they have fairies on treadmills and unicorn blood lubricating the ram.

Your assuming most of the people they sell to know or care to learn about this.    It's all marketing and thus all talk for sales.   Using the "cheats better in pubg" line is the original clickbait tagline to get people interested.

Not to mention that with this being China, the "truth in advertising" laws are much less severe than here in the west.

4 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Clearly xD

I still say it was a bad PR move.  They've associated their brand with cheating so now anyone who doesn't want to be seen or thought of like that will avoid them.

It was a Chinese press event from the Chinese Dell team. For them it's a super positive PR move. At the end of the day, pretty much every company advocates their products a lot differently in the east, we just don't often hear about it over here.

For Dell HQ? Absolutely it's a negative PR event, but it's not something they would have been involved in deciding, and it's not not something they'd care about because normally it wouldn't even reach the west.

1 hour ago, Java Bean said:

Well, PUBG be suing DELL now. xD

Good luck trying to sue Dell China. They're in China. They'll just sue you for not being from China.

Joking aside, of all laptop having the same specs. I wonder what dell has under the hood, which lets it handle more plugins.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

54 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Joking aside, of all laptop having the same specs. I wonder what dell has under the hood, which lets it handle more plugins.

I think it's more of a reference to the new models increasing core count as in the new models have more cores and can therefore handle more plugins. I would assume it's not related to the idea of a Dell machine handling more plugins than the competition with similar specs.

Well that was unexpected then again it was in China so that's understandable.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Chinese gamers are the most innovative and dominant in the world

Dominant, sure.

Innovative? Not likely, cheating has been around just about as long as games have.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Not the only thing dell is cheating at....

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

Does this really surprise anyone though?

Meaning, look at how mainland china have constructed the capitalist side of their economy based on what is a basic and blatant disregard for international IP (intellectual property) and patent/copyright laws - and where its actually encouraged to copy or steal rather than innovate - or innovation is based on a bottom up pricing strategy (aka same shit but undercut major brands on price)

She spoke to the audience, knew her audience, and the fact is that while the rest of us are disgusted by it - its going to sell laptops.....

EX- Host of CanadaComputers CCHotSpot

Ask me in PM why - if your wondering...

"There's no such thing as bad publicity"

At least in this case.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Nothing, that's the joke xD Obviously it would perform the same as any other laptop with the same specs.  They're just saying theirs is better because it's more powerful than laptops with less power.  Not only did they cause this news story but it wasn't even over anything worth it.  All they got out of it was a generic mean-nothing bullet point.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

33 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

And to add something actually sensible , I'd say that the major difference between laptops with literally identical hardware is the cooling solutions the manufacturers have installed. That makes the serious difference in performance.

Bloatware also is a huge differentiator.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

True, but you see this whole topic is about dell, we are talking about dell, dell, dell and "the rest", even if it was a controversial marketing decision, I'd say it was fucking brilliant since I saw it on quite a few other tech forums/sites. Free adds for dell.

And to add something actually sensible , I'd say that the major difference between laptops with literally identical hardware is the cooling solutions the manufacturers have installed. That makes the serious difference in performance.

33 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Bloatware also is a huge differentiator.

True, but they didn't talk about cooling or bloatware, they just went right for cheating and didn't even base it on anything logical.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Matt_Lefebvre said:

Meaning, look at how mainland china have constructed the capitalist side of their economy based on what is a basic and blatant disregard for international IP (intellectual property) and patent/copyright laws - and where its actually encouraged to copy or steal rather than innovate - or innovation is based on a bottom up pricing strategy (aka same shit but undercut major brands on price)

China is just doing about the only thing a country their size can do to come out of the third world and compete with the worlds largest economies.  I don't like half of what they do, but I certainly don't blame them for doing it when the alternative is to stay suppressed. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

True, but they didn't talk about cooling or bloatware, they just went right for cheating and didn't even base it on anything logical.

Because logical, rational marketing is sterile and does not make their product look better to the average joe,  RGB sells, capacitor or cooling solution does not, especially to a mass market of people who are not tech enthusiasts (they are buying laptops not desktop parts).   Every time I turn the TV on I get bombard with what is effectively lies and exaggerations from people selling stuff, this is no different.  

Dell just needs to silence themselves, and hope this blows over unnoticed. Otherwise, their efforts this year will be worthless.

So they are like:

"Our laptops are like the greatest at cheating at PUBG...

But d0nt"

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

On 14/04/2018 at 12:01 PM, Sniperfox47 said:

Not to mention that with this being China, the "truth in advertising" laws are much less severe than here in the west.

It was a Chinese press event from the Chinese Dell team. For them it's a super positive PR move. At the end of the day, pretty much every company advocates their products a lot differently in the east, we just don't often hear about it over here.

For Dell HQ? Absolutely it's a negative PR event, but it's not something they would have been involved in deciding, and it's not not something they'd care about because normally it wouldn't even reach the west.

Good luck trying to sue Dell China. They're in China. They'll just sue you for not being from China.

Wait, i'm 11, please explain sueing. WHY, can't PUBG sue Dell China?

1 hour ago, Java Bean said:

Wait, i'm 11, please explain sueing. WHY, can't PUBG sue Dell China?

They absolutely could try. The issue is that Chinese courts have a history of:

A) not taking Copyright or Patent law seriously

B) Showing intense favoritism towards companies based in China, China oriented, or otherwise pro-China.

As an example of this look at the case of Apple suing a company in China for a design-patent infringing copy of their phone, which was near identical to the iPhone, and the the courts threw it out. And then when the company that was copying the iPhone design turned around to sue Apple for infringing on the design of their device which came out after the iPhone, the courts ruled in favor of this Chinese company, despite the lawsuit being absolutely ridiculous.

Going after a company in China about anything copyright, trademark, or patent related is a lost cause.

3 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

They absolutely could try. The issue is that Chinese courts have a history of:

A) not taking Copyright or Patent law seriously

B) Showing intense favoritism towards companies based in China, China oriented, or otherwise pro-China.

As an example of this look at the case of Apple suing a company in China for a design-patent infringing copy of their phone, which was near identical to the iPhone, and the the courts threw it out. And then when the company that was copying the iPhone design turned around to sue Apple for infringing on the design of their device which came out after the iPhone, the courts ruled in favor of this Chinese company, despite the lawsuit being absolutely ridiculous.

Going after a company in China about anything copyright, trademark, or patent related is a lost cause.

That doesn't many any sense... so when Apple sued them, it had to be in a chinese court, but when that company sued apple it was also chinese?  Shouldn't they have gone to an american court?  Just goes to show how completely broken this system is... it needs to be handled on a global level, not a country-by-country basis.