Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

And I took that personally.

untitled.thumb.PNG.aae9f5329416f63dc37dcacbaacb8817.PNG

It's complete nonsense but the react count at the right works and the gray rectangle below it is the reply button.

AOPEN AX-53, K6-III with 128MB memory, 1MB Trident ISA graphics adapter. No emoji support.

But can it run Crysis? 

On 7/23/2022 at 7:54 PM, Mel0n. said:

"lower the IQ"
Posts picture of @TVwazhere
I see how it is.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

0DFBBBA1-9430-4A5C-8992-B59F3E8AAE2B.jpeg.4abe1c63aa88de2f640eac410324cf52.jpegWait…. This is the internet…. The haunts of memes and lolcats….  Very little is lower IQ than that…. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Wait…. This is the internet…. The haunts of memes and lolcats….  Very little is lower IQ than that…. 

I am in the than that category

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

10 hours ago, Mel0n. said:

But can it run Crysis? 

Nowadays it’s more about “ask not if a PC can run Crysis, ask if it has TPM 2.0 and a 2017 or older newer CPU to run Windows 11.” 😝

Edited by captain_to_fire

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

35 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Nowadays it’s more about “ask not if a PC can run Crysis, ask if it has TPM 2.0 and a 2017 or older CPU to run Windows 11.” 😝

Point

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, Mel0n. said:

quick lower the IQ

12 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

"lower the IQ"
Posts video of @TVwazhere

😞 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Anybody watch a YouTube channel called "cart narcs"? Basically it's a group of guys that go around shopping centre carparks asking people to return their shopping carts to the cart return instead of leaving them blocking car spaces or footpaths.

Short clip to get the idea

I was put on to it yesterday and I've binge watched so many videos. It's interesting (and really disheartening) to see how a lot of people react to being asked to return their shopping cart. A lot of the videos are people spending more time arguing about it than what it would have taken to just return the cart, and it's especially sad and confusing to see people leaving their cart when there's a cart return bay just one or two spaces next to them. There are some videos where they ask people to return them and they're just like "ah, yeah you're right I was just being lazy" and they take the cart back and they're somewhat wholesome.

I can't help but thinking they're moderators but in real life (including being a little cringey at times). If you ever want to know what it's like being a forum moderator there's probably a few parallels that can be drawn between the two, especially when it comes to stuff like people copying and pasting the same topic multiple times or dumping threads in general discussion forum even though it clearly belongs in another section and they have hundreds/thousands of posts on the forum and know it's not where it goes. I always find it difficult to explain that sort of thing to people without coming across as condescending.

The shopping cart theory:

images.jpeg

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

Anybody watch a YouTube channel called "cart narcs"? Basically it's a group of guys that go around shopping centre carparks asking people to return their shopping carts to the cart return instead of leaving them blocking car spaces or footpaths.

Short clip to get the idea

I was put on to it yesterday and I've binge watched so many videos. It's interesting (and really disheartening) to see how a lot of people react to being asked to return their shopping cart. A lot of the videos are people spending more time arguing about it than what it would have taken to just return the cart, and it's especially sad and confusing to see people leaving their cart when there's a cart return bay just one or two spaces next to them. There are some videos where they ask people to return them and they're just like "ah, yeah you're right I was just being lazy" and they take the cart back and they're somewhat wholesome.

I can't help but thinking they're moderators but in real life (including being a little cringey at times). If you ever want to know what it's like being a forum moderator there's probably a few parallels that can be drawn between the two, especially when it comes to stuff like people copying and pasting the same topic multiple times or dumping threads in general discussion forum even though it clearly belongs in another section and they have hundreds/thousands of posts on the forum and know it's not where it goes. I always find it difficult to explain that sort of thing to people without coming across as condescending.

images.jpeg

Ran into a piece some time ago about how shopping cart returning is a potential measure of sociopathic behavior.  Sociopaths often don’t return shopping carts and doing so strikes them as stupid. 

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Ran into a piece some time ago about how shopping cart returning is a potential measure of sociopathic behavior.  Sociopaths often don’t return shopping carts and doing so strikes them as stupid. 

Personally, I place my shopping cart in the bed of the nearest pickup truck after using it. But each to their own

43 minutes ago, Mel0n. said:

Personally, I place my shopping cart in the bed of the nearest pickup truck after using it. But each to their own

I place mine upside down on the nearest bollard for shits and giggles.

Spoiler

/s

I'm boring and always put them back.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

16 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I place mine upside down on the nearest bollard for shits and giggles.

Reveal hidden contents

/s

I'm boring and always put them back.

had to look up what tf that was

Personally I get multiple bollards, put them in a cart, and roll it at the most expensive looking car in the parking lot

About shopping buggies....

If I can return it I will but if I cannot at that time, it's gonna be wherever I leave it.

A real issue that could be mentioned are the ones that will grab the electric shopping scooter and just ride, being physically able to get around just fine but refuse to.
They'll ride it around, kill the battery and then, when someone that really needs one of those because they DO have a disability, they can't use it because the scooter's battery is dead from being rode around by folks that are able to walk but simply refuse to.

I guess when they address issues like that I can take them more seriously instead of seeing them as being token by ignoring something that's a real issue of actual concern instead of doing some bullshit social nit-picking.

BTW as a sport we used to do, we'd get in a car and the passenger would grab a stray buggy, the driver would get the car going towards a corral and the passenger would take a shot and try to ring the corral with a buggy....

MUCH harder to score than you'd think, plus those buggies can literally go anywhere when you make the shot.... And afterwards too. 😁

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

3 hours ago, Mel0n. said:

A good example.  Doing that hurts the random owner of the pickup truck, the grocery store who paid I-don’t-know-how-much for the thing, and the customers of the store who now have fewer working carts to use.  If everyone did that there would be no more shopping carts.  None of these things would bother a sociopath.  It would be a this-is-why-we-can’t-have-nice-things situation.

Edited by Bombastinator

The true mark of having no life is being in top three on a server Discord.

image.png.13a701dbd3188b9114727b587377a7a1.png

And you're almost to top two.

elephants

8 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

The true mark of having no life is being in top three on a server Discord.

image.png.13a701dbd3188b9114727b587377a7a1.png

And you're almost to top two.

Or any Internet forum really. 😿

10 minutes ago, Caroline said:

A mailbox baseball variant.  It’s when one is 30 and still doing it it becomes disturbing.

Nexus Mods capping downloads of free accounts to 2MB/s

image.png

Me with Australian internet

A large-ish version | You Have No Power Here! | Know Your Meme

Mods on the forum

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

56 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Me with Australian internet

Speedtest?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

5 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

Speedtest?

image.png

24 minutes ago, Spotty said:

image.png

Ouch.  The difference in ping is interesting.

Edited by Bombastinator

Personally, I'm young (and small) enough to quite enjoy putting the shopping carts back. I find it fun to ride it, and pretend I'm an F1 racer. It's quite surprising how much speed you can gather if someone pushes you or you go down a ramp. Split my chin last year though because I thought a speed bump would be like a jump (one trip to the ER and stitches later I realised gravity existed).
Inspiron 15 5510
(i7-11390h/Iris Xe/16gb)

19 hours ago, Spotty said:

images.jpeg

"A person who is unable to do this is no better than an animal, an absolute savage..."

I mean, they could just be lazy. Me and my GF have always put our carts back, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit once or twice I just didn't feel like bringing the cart "all the way over there" (AKA 60ft / 20m)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

So, how about something off-topic in this off-topic thread in the off-topic sub-forum?

Anyone remember the ye-olde flash game that was Poptropica?

Apparently it's still alive and kicking with an HTML5 version. Tho some of the islands that I used to love playing as kid are yet to be ported.

Edit: Forgot to mention that some of the islands are still quite fun nearly 10 years after I stopped playing

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.