Best monitor in the world

Milos Sladic

I'm looking to buy the best monitor in the world that meets my needs:

1. At least 30"
  2. At least 144Hz
  3. At least 1440p
  4. No TN panel
  5. G-SYNC
  6. 16:9 (I'm not interested in stupid ultrawides with their pathetic same height as 16:9 27" monitor)
  7. Stand height adjustments
  8. Optional: USB hub, speakers, matte black color, thin bezels

The one I've found so far is LG 32GK850G-B. This one will cost me 700 euros in Serbia and I will get 3 year warranty.

If you have some alternatives, please suggest them.

Thank you.

The LG seems to be the only panel on the market matching your needs, but isn't IPS.  If you can drop to 27" you can get IPS, otherwise it's not happening

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

The LG seems to be the only panel on the market matching your needs, but isn't IPS.  If you can drop to 27" you can get IPS, otherwise it's not happening

I second that, it's worth sacrificing 3 inches on your monitor for the IPS alone, unless you play e-sports 24/7 then a TN panel would be better for those lower response times.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk | Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz CL16 | XFX RX 6700 XT QICK 319 | Corsair TX 550M 80+ Gold PSU

It may not be exact match, but I suggest this :

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-30-inch-Flat-Panel-Display-M9179LL/dp/B0002ILKWM

I am quite smart, but I decide not to express that.

I think MAC is master race.

I may know some stuff, but generally I have gone through my life telling confusing, technical and actually useless things to people who have no technical knowledge just to get them off my back.

Thank you for your responses, but IPS is in no way better than VA. They are basically the same strength, it all comes down to preference. Unfortunately there is no way you can go back to 27" after experiencing larger.

1 minute ago, I_WORK_AT_IT said:

It may not be exact match, but I suggest this :

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-30-inch-Flat-Panel-Display-M9179LL/dp/B0002ILKWM

No offence, but wtf is that...

46 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

Thank you for your responses, but IPS is in no way better than VA. They are basically the same strength, it all comes down to preference. Unfortunately there is no way you can go back to 27" after experiencing larger.

Yeah, VA is fine - good all around panel.  That 31.5" is really nice, has everything you want and is the only one on the market.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 hours ago, SSWolf1993 said:

I'm looking to buy the best monitor in the world that meets my needs:

1. At least 30"
  2. At least 144Hz
  3. At least 1440p
  4. No TN panel
  5. G-SYNC
  6. 16:9 (I'm not interested in stupid ultrawides with their pathetic same height as 16:9 27" monitor)
  7. Stand height adjustments
  8. Optional: USB hub, speakers, matte black color, thin bezels

The one I've found so far is LG 32GK850G-B. This one will cost me 700 euros in Serbia and I will get 3 year warranty.

If you have some alternatives, please suggest them.

Thank you.

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-Strix-XG32VQ/ 

no G-sync but this is a very decent gaming monitor to consider for the money.

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

On 4/5/2018 at 4:40 PM, Guanzo said:

You obviously can't read.  He said NO ULTRAWIDES.

Edited by Glenwing
Images removed from quote

On 4/6/2018 at 12:37 AM, ShoshinUK said:

no G-sync but this is a very decent gaming monitor to consider for the money.

Thx, but I would gladly pay an extra $100 for the G-SYNC.

On 4/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, geo3 said:

Go for 27" and just have it a bit closer to you.

It just doesn't work that way...

On 4/6/2018 at 1:40 AM, Guanzo said:

Alienware AW3418DW

Why would anyone pay an extra $400+ for the monitor that offers nothing more?

On 5.04.2018 at 3:30 PM, SSWolf1993 said:

16:9 (I'm not interested in stupid ultrawides with their pathetic same height as 16:9 27" monitor)

36 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

Why would anyone pay an extra $400+ for the monitor that offers nothing more?

The hate towards ultrawides is strong in this one xD

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

46 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Explain.

Basic geometry says it does. 

A 27" display at 24" from your face will look the same as a 32" display placed 28.44" away.

Personal preference beats all other logic. 

"May your frame rates be high and your temperatures low"

I misread titles/posts way too often--correct me if I don't.

1 hour ago, geo3 said:

Explain.

Basic geometry says it does. 

A 27" display at 24" from your face will look the same as a 32" display placed 28.44" away.

Yea, we should all just buy 14" monitors and put them right in front of our faces...

22 hours ago, geo3 said:

That doesn't actually explain your point. This is a logical fallacy 'reductio ad absurdum'  

I don't need to have a doctorate in philosophy and english language, just to explain to you that bigger is better. You obviously haven't used 27"+ for more than a month...

5 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

I don't need to have a doctorate in philosophy and english language, just to explain to you that bigger is better. You obviously haven't used 27"+ for more than a month...

I have. I had to sit further because the individual pixels were too noticeable making the image look too jagged. Also had too move my head to look from one corner to the other if I was sitting a normal viewing distance away. Bigger is not better in many many situations. 

55 minutes ago, geo3 said:

I have. I had to sit further because the individual pixels were too noticeable making the image look too jagged. Also had too move my head to look from one corner to the other if I was sitting a normal viewing distance away. Bigger is not better in many many situations. 

Well luckily for me there are no many many situations, only one. My desk is 90 cm wide and the monitor can be positioned to 70-80 cm from my eyes. At that distance 32" would be a piece of cake to manage, and it's 92 PPI would be an upgrade compared to 81.5 that I currently have. I would gladly trade 109 PPI (27", 1440p) for 40% more screen size (32", 1440p).

4 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

My desk is 90 cm wide and the monitor can be positioned to 70-80 cm from my eyes. At that distance 32" would be a piece of cake to manage,

Jesus, that's way too close for such a monstrous screen. Blocky pixels everywhere! That's about how far I'd put a 24".

6 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

I would gladly trade 109 PPI (27", 1440p) for 40% more screen size (32", 1440p).

I'm seriously failing to grasp the value you place on raw size. 1440p is 1440p. A 24", 27", and 32" monitor each @1440p  all display the same amount of information. 32" is not 40% more information or visual quality. What are you gaining other than more of a challenge fitting it some places? A monitor is a visual device, visually a large thing further away appear the same a smaller thing closer up, that's just how vision works. 

35 minutes ago, geo3 said:

Jesus, that's way too close for such a monstrous screen. Blocky pixels everywhere! That's about how far I'd put a 24".

Where ever you look on the internet, 99% of people have desks half my size... And they put all sorts of sizes on them. Personally I can't see any pixel at 70 cm.

39 minutes ago, geo3 said:

I'm seriously failing to grasp the value you place on raw size. 1440p is 1440p. A 24", 27", and 32" monitor each @1440p  all display the same amount of information. 32" is not 40% more information or visual quality. What are you gaining other than more of a challenge fitting it some places? A monitor is a visual device, visually a large thing further away appear the same a smaller thing closer up, that's just how vision works. 

Everything is 40% bigger and therefore it is easier to see from any distance without having to move the monitor (Little details in games, watching movies from 3 meters away, etc...). I bet there are more reasons, but I can't think of any right now. Maybe I would notice them if I could put both monitors right next to each other, but unfortunately there is no place here where I could check that. If you know so much, then can you explain why are 27" becoming much more popular than 24" and 21"?

29 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

Everything is 40% bigger and therefore it is easier to see from any distance without having to move the monitor (Little details in games, watching movies from 3 meters away, etc...).

I see. You're using it more like a TV. Bigger for a TV makes sense since the distance can be variable and not 100% controllable as it's effected by room size and furniture layout among other things. I only ever use my monitor from the exact same spot, directly in front of my desk , all the time so I just set it the most comfortable distance from my face. 

33 minutes ago, SSWolf1993 said:

If you know so much, then can you explain why are 27" becoming much more popular than 24"

Demand for higher resolutions is driving it primarily. Larger pixels are easier and cheaper to manufacture especially if you want high quality pixels with features like high refresh rates and HDR.