Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

@FakeKGB
Is getting a haul tomorrow. Even if they just turn around and sell it all I'm just glad to be giving it away. A solid $250 in the picture going by current eBay pricing on the low end.

Looks like quite a haul! He should be set for a while between the two of us 😂

What motherboard is that underneath?

21 minutes ago, Bitter said:

@FakeKGB
Is getting a haul tomorrow. Even if they just turn around and sell it all I'm just glad to be giving it away. A solid $250 in the picture going by current eBay pricing on the low end. 

6800 Ultra and mobo got me on the edge. 👀

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

On 3/31/2021 at 11:38 PM, Kilrah said:

So this is where Jensen got his jackets from along with the rest of the purchase...

I wish I had his kitchen budget for my house lol

P4C800-E Deluxe with original box and unopened IO plate. Has a Prescott 3.4E in it that with proper cooling is 4.0ghz stable.

Proper cooling is the Koolance water cooled case behind me that no one is getting ever.

I have two 19" Trinitrons free for pickup too, about an hour south of Chicago.

5 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I think I could send my brother to get them

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

7 minutes ago, sub68 said:

I think I could send my brother to get them

Please take them! They're not a matching pair but they're both beige and both the same size. One is IBM with dual inputs and one is Dell.

@FakeKGB
Found FEAR, ORB, and Quake Wars and an unopened Vista 32bit. Added to the pile. FEAR is super fun if you like first person shooters with incomprehensible plot that really serves no purpose.

13 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

@Bitter sent me a 7800 GTX once along with many other cards. That thing's amazing, and it's a good fit for PCIe-equipped Pentium 4 motherboards.

Please I don't have any other clean pants. It's bad enough that if I can get my hands on a low-pro PCI 2400 Pro or something of the sort I'll need to change them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Please take them! They're not a matching pair but they're both beige and both the same size. One is IBM with dual inputs and one is Dell.

let me think I would be using them for a PS2 and a Sega genesis is that worth it?

also my brother would have it for a couple of months.

He goes to wheaton so..

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

48 minutes ago, Bitter said:

P4C800-E Deluxe with original box and unopened IO plate. Has a Prescott 3.4E in it that with proper cooling is 4.0ghz stable.

Proper cooling is the Koolance water cooled case behind me that no one is getting ever.

Sounds like a pretty killer P4 build.

Man if I lived close to you I'd totally grab those Trinitrons 🤤. I need a nice larger crt or two. Gonna have to check out freegeek or the hacker locally I think, should be able to find something for pretty reasonable. There's nothing close to me on craigslist or FB marketplace unfortunately 😞

Shipping those would be mighty rough! Lol!

Alot of my junk really is just junk that I need to give up and throw out. PCIe FX 5200 was worthless when it was new. Cables on cables. Stacks of burnt CDs all scratched to hell. It's just a mess.

37 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Do you happen to have any Core 2 CPUs (or "old" spare CPUs in general)? I'm running out of both desktop and laptop chips to work on computers with.

I have a complete board cpu ram. Asus P5QL-CM, E5200, 4GB DDR2 800.

I have like 3 first gen i3's and one working Intel ATX board for 1st gen i series.

Autocorrect leave me alone! i3!

Well here it is. Just got done running some sanity checks to make sure everything works on Vista that did on XP (only the Yamaha S-YXG50 synth didn't, but Virtual PC is an easy fix for that). Now all it needs is a friggin graphics card and I can steal the 160GB HDD from my current XP rig for this and make it the new XP-but-actually-Vista gaming rig.

It's got a 2.4GHz Northwood HT P4 with the mighty 800MHz FSB, 2GB of 400MHz RAM, the big schlong copper cooler, as well as my solution to not having SATA power (that being de-pinning a SATA plug from a USFF 760 and shoving the pins in) and yeah. That's it for now that's actually relevant. Eventually if it does become the new daily, I'd like to swap the DVD drive out for the one in my current XP rig and give it a 250GB SATA HDD.

IMG_1357.thumb.jpg.ca270c93a06c282d469251f92c722195.jpg

IMG_1359.thumb.jpg.eb216bccd44d386b893c7c1a32e0fee0.jpg

IMG_1360.thumb.jpg.950007896ad876dae3fb86741f78bfd4.jpg

IMG_1361.thumb.jpg.8007a56e2ce6716dd0784a8ca39b8943.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I've got a fair collection of core 2 duos and quads as well as first and second gen i3s i5s and i7s. I can dig through and see exactly what I have if your in need of a few.

2 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Ooh thanks for letting me know! Yeah I was a bit confused when you said "it" lol. I'd be quite interested in the CPUs (most of the MBs I work on are proprietary, unfortunately).

That sounds great! If it's not too much trouble, could you please consider taking a look at what you have? This is somewhat off-topic, but I've never handled a Core 2 Quad before.

Yeah I'll take a look. I have a number of 775 boards as well and some first and second/third gen core boards.

3 hours ago, Schnoz said:

Ooh thanks for letting me know! Yeah I was a bit confused when you said "it" lol. I'd be quite interested in the CPUs (most of the MBs I work on are proprietary, unfortunately). Also, I heard that the E5200 is a good overclocker, right?

That sounds great! If it's not too much trouble, could you please consider taking a look at what you have? This is somewhat off-topic, but I've never handled a Core 2 Quad before.

Well, just what I have loose for processors for 775 and first gen core...

Socket 775:

4x Core 2 Quad Q6600's, Core 2 Quad Q8200 and Q8200S, Core 2 Duo E4500, Core 2 Duo 6300, Core 2 Duo 6600, 2x Core 2 Duo 6750's, Core 2 Duo 7200, 7300, 7400, 7500 and 7600, 2x Core 2 Duo E8400's, 2x Pentium Dual Core E2200, Pentium Dual Core E5400, Pentium E5500 and Pentium E5800.

First Gen Core i Series:

i3 530, i3 540, 2x i5 650's and an i7 860.

Motherboards, S-775

Asus ROG Maximus Formula, Asus P5K-E, Asus P5K/EPU (with a Core 2 Duo E8500), Asus P5GL-MX (with I believe a core 2 quad, covered by a cooler), Asus P5G41T-M LX (with I believe a core 2 duo, covered by a cooler), Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R, Intel oem board of some sort with a Core 2 duo E8400, MSI G31TM-P21 (with a core 2 duo 3ghz i believe, covered by a cooler), and a Zotac G41.

I have yet to dig through the first gen core i series boards lol but I know that I have at least a couple of those too...

15 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Those are a LOT of Core 2 Duos and Quads; I'm quite interested in them! Someone's requesting computers for quite a few students; I'm thinking I could set up two or four VMs on a Core 2 Quad to potentially halve or quarter the number of devices I need to donate (it's very basic browsing and coding, and the amount of people requesting computers from my nonprofit isn't decreasing anytime soon). While the motherboards look gorgeous with all that copper, they won't be as much use to me as someone else, since the computers I receive for refurbishment and donation are almost entirely prebuilts with proprietary motherboard layouts.

Also just curious, do you happen to have extra PCIe graphics cards laying around? A bunch of desktops I get have their graphics cards ripped out for some reason. Thanks again for your help!

I definitely have some PCIe graphics cards, some quite basic but if it's just coding and educational stuff it'd be fine.

I have lots of 2nd/3rd gen core processors and boards too, if you want a few. The core 2 duos and quads are definitely getting to the point that they're not terribly practical for anything but the most basic web browsing type use now, or running older software. A core 2 quad makes a fantastic windows xp machine 😊

If you want some of these though you can have them for the cost of shipping. I've been planning to unload some of the 775 and first gen core stuff for a while to make some room anyway.

30 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Those are a LOT of Core 2 Duos and Quads; I'm quite interested in them! Someone's requesting computers for quite a few students; I'm thinking I could set up two or four VMs on a Core 2 Quad to potentially halve or quarter the number of devices I need to donate (it's very basic browsing and coding, and the amount of people requesting computers from my nonprofit isn't decreasing anytime soon). While the motherboards look gorgeous with all that copper, they won't be as much use to me as someone else, since the computers I receive for refurbishment and donation are almost entirely prebuilts with proprietary motherboard layouts.

Also just curious, do you happen to have extra PCIe graphics cards laying around? A bunch of desktops I get have their graphics cards ripped out for some reason. Thanks again for your help!

Oh, and I definitely have a few PCIe cards... I still have a drawer full of more gaming focussed cards...

DSC_5602.JPG

Just now, BrianTheElectrician said:

Oh, and I definitely have a few PCIe cards... I still have a drawer full of more gaming focussed cards...

DSC_5602.JPG

It's clean-out-Brian's-basement time!

What's the Gigabyte card in the bottom right?

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

It's clean-out-Brian's-basement time!

What's the Gigabyte card in the bottom right?

LMAO pretty much haha

The string on the Gigabyte card is GV-N220OC-1GI. I believe its a Geforce card of some sort but honestly I'm not exactly sure.

1 minute ago, Schnoz said:

Wow, that is quite an impressive collection! I believe I had a few of those cards at one point or another--the HD 7570 or another card with a similar cooler is chugging away in my dad's HTPC, and that (presumably) FirePro V4900 is in one of my dad's workstations.

Nice haha, and mine is the V4800

Just now, BrianTheElectrician said:

LMAO pretty much haha

The string on the Gigabyte card is GV-N220OC-1GI. I believe its a Geforce card of some sort but honestly I'm not exactly sure.

Google has said it is a GT 220.

According to Techpowerup, it's a Tesla-based card. Old enough to not have the GX### core string.

elephants

2 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Google has said it is a GT 220.

According to Techpowerup, it's a Tesla-based card. Old enough to not have the GX### core string.

Interesting. So as a GT220 at this point it's really only good for use as a basic display adapter or for old XPish era games.