Show off your old and retro computer parts

Message added by SansVarnic,

When posting with quotes, please be sure to exclude/remove/snip any photos from the quote to help with load times for slower internet connections.

Thank you,

Moderation Team

1 hour ago, campy said:

Welp, time to start working on other stuff

this thing posts, 150mhz amd k6-2, 384mb of ram, stealth trio 64, etc

1996.....Jeez

I don't think even my Athlon MPs are that old.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, campy said:

i got a bunch of way older stuff

if i had the

>150$ video cable

for my SGI Indy, i know it works from testing it on a friends SGI setup, that would be probably my oldest functional "conventional PC" being from 1993

That's a lot of cash for a video cable.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

12 hours ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I used to have one of those.  I had a AMD Athlon XP 2400+  (Might have been a 2600+) running in it.  First computer I built from ground up myself  (Mine was black though)

Someone incredibly my dad built his with an XP 3000+ (still has it in there).

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

10 hours ago, campy said:

But just related to the indy while im thinking about it, if i ever get around to money sinking it to where ive got an SGI desktop setup, i gotta find one of these things

ultra64.jpg.728f46b30b7d0181a6f8d08cf55eb6b4.jpg

Thats an Ultra 64. An expansion board for the Indy (gamersnexus just did a video on the Indigo and its weird layered GPUs, same thing but the entire system board did that in the indy) specifically for the creation of nintendo 64 games.

Only a few are rumored to still exist. In order to prevent copying of games or other game piracy, most of them were sent back to sgi/nintendo, but 23 were unaccounted for. And every so often they pop up at auctions, they go for thousands of dollars.

Having original hardware to make your own N64 game has a pricetag in the 5 digit range, but one day... maybe.

First thing id do, completely recreate Halo 1 for the nintendo 64. All low poly mario 64 style, but master chief doing the triple backhops.

I watched that GN video the other night and was talking about it to my partner, specifically pondering if N64 games were made with SGI hardware.

Who wants a bowl of RAM?

Yep I used to have a better and safer storage method but when I moved last November I had a extra bowl lying around so I thought it was funny. Many DDR1,2,3 and some RDRAM.

2019-03-03 17.40.28.jpg

8 minutes ago, alhuno1 said:

Who wants a bowl of RAM?

Yep I used to have a better and safer storage method but when I moved last November I had a extra bowl lying around so I thought it was funny. Many DDR1,2,3 and some RDRAM.

2019-03-03 17.40.28.jpg

I actually have need for some DDR3 if you're not using and were willing to ship it. Looking for 1333 or better in 2GB per DIMM or better.

1 minute ago, Bitter said:

I actually have need for some DDR3 if you're not using and were willing to ship it. Looking for 1333 or better in 2GB per DIMM or better.

I only have 1GBs around honestly and I have a big doubt about their working state.

2 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

Nice socks.

Only misses sandals

6 minutes ago, alhuno1 said:

I only have 1GBs around honestly and I have a big doubt about their working state.

Well...if you have 4 1GB DIMMS at 1333 I'm still interested, it's not ideal but it would work just fine. I'm willing to roll the dice and pay shipping, if you have more than 4 I'd take them all to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Well...if you have 4 1GB DIMMS at 1333 I'm still interested, it's not ideal but it would work just fine. I'm willing to roll the dice and pay shipping, if you have more than 4 I'd take them all to be honest.

Ok I'll check that out.

30 minutes ago, alhuno1 said:

Ok I'll check that out.

Shoot me a PM when you're ready/if interested. It's not a big deal.

On 12/20/2013 at 5:33 AM, Nineshadow said:

I have a 8800 GTS too...somewhere.

Also an Athlon 64 x2 5000+(back from 2007).

i've got an athlon 64 3200+

And some DDR (ddr1) ram to go with it

On 12/20/2013 at 5:33 AM, Nineshadow said:

I have a 8800 GTS too...somewhere.

Also an Athlon 64 x2 5000+(back from 2007).

I'm going to put my BFG 6800 Ultra OC AGP 8X in a shadow box and hang it on the wall of the 'computer room', it looks really cool. Good thing it's got a lifetime warranty!

15 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

BFG: Big Fat Geforce

It was a thiccc card for the time, double slot with a blower shoving a ton of hot air into your case instead of blowing it out the back because that wasn't the thing yet for some unknown reason.

BFG, for those too young, was the premier company of awesome products. They took the 6800 Ultra, clocked it up to 425 core from 400, made sure it was stable, flashed the BIOS to make it a permanent overclock, and then replaced the TIM with Arctic Silver 5 (I think, maybe 5 wasn't out yet?), and shipped it off with a lifetime warranty and a trade in program. If it ever fails you RMA and they send you either another one, an equivalent, or a hefty discount on a current replacement item. If it got too old you could send it back in and get a discount (from their store) on a new product. Of course this was NOT a sustainable business model and they went under a while back, but I have several of their video cards, one of which I killed a few years ago due to physical damage, but the others are still working as far as I know. Their 7800 Ultra's in SLI were pretty cool at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BFG_Technologies

I just found this bad boy last month in a long-forgotten box at my folks' home.

I remember fondly the day I bought 20 years ago with money I saved from recycling cans. I used this mainly to play emulated NES, SNES, Genesis and GameBoy games in my old AMD K6-2.

I realized that this controller is older than some of you ?

20190227_171213.jpg

11 hours ago, Jacobtechtips? said:

same

Athlon 64 (not sure about the rating), 512+256mb of ddr333 ram, an ati graphics card whose name i dont know, a wd caviar 160gb hdd, an asus socket 754 motherboard for the cpu, an ide floppy disk reader as well as an ide dvd reader (all part of the same pc bought in 2003 and was paired with a monitor and peripherals which i also still have)

On 12/19/2013 at 4:25 PM, TheTechnerd said:

Today I thought we would do something fun and different. This is a topic about showing of all your old pc parts (or old computers). Feel free to post some pics:) It will be fun:D

Here's some of mine:

20131219_215248_edited.jpg

Kingston Hyperx DDR2 2GB 1066MHz

20131219_221706_edited.jpg

Intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz

20131219_220612_edited.jpg

Intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz backside

Dang. Ive got an Intel Pentium with 6GB of RAM. Pretty sure they are HyperX. It's 3 2GB sticks. 1TB HDD aaaannndddd.... that's about it. Lulz

I'm so old...DDR2 isn't old. EDO SIMM's are old lol. 486 is old. Ha, don't ever get old.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:42 PM, alhuno1 said:

Who wants a bowl of RAM?

2019-03-03 17.40.28.jpg

I used to have that much RAM, but then I went into building stuff out of it.

Now I got 2 swords, a shield, 2 crowns, a mace, a buch of keychain acessories and some christmas ornaments

At work I am known as the King of RAM

IMG-20171019-WA0010.jpg

On 12/19/2013 at 1:25 PM, TheTechnerd said:

Today I thought we would do something fun and different. This is a topic about showing of all your old pc parts (or old computers). Feel free to post some pics:) It will be fun:D

Here's some of mine:

20131219_215248_edited.jpg

Kingston Hyperx DDR2 2GB 1066MHz

20131219_221706_edited.jpg

Intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz

20131219_220612_edited.jpg

Intel core 2 duo 2.2 GHz backside

cool i have the pentinum 4 and a ton of ddr ram a ata hard drive but no phone to use to film sent on a overclocked amd phenom x4

Got my Amiga 3000 open on the workbench.  SCSI drives are dead.  so I'm going to try and adapt some newer U320 15kRPM SCSI drives, hopefully they won't need that much cooling.

20190209_002400.jpg

20190209_001401.jpg

I'm not an expert! In fact I'm usually just 1 google search ahead of you. 

Dunno if this counts, but I have like 15 PS/2 keyboards and mice lying around...They were for PCs with PS/2 ports AND 10 USB ports.

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh