NZXT Announces the Kraken X72, their First 360mm AIO

DocSwag

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12511/nzxt-expands-kraken-aio-lineup

NZXT has announced the expansion of its Kraken all-in-one liquid CPU cooler family with the addition of the X72 and M22 AIOs. The X72 is a 360mm AIO – a first of its size for NZXT, which should offer users better cooling than its smaller 240/280mm X Series brothers. Meanwhile the M Series AIOs are new to the Kraken line and are designed to be more affordable, but still offer many of the features in the X Series such as RGB LEDs and the infinite-mirror effects but at that lower price point. 

Before the X72, NZXT’s largest AIO was the Kraken X62 sporting a 280mm radiator. NZXT has now gone a step farther to build a more powerful AIO that's able to cool the higher TDP processors that are out. To that end, the X72 boasts a 360mm radiator, a 50% increase in surface area over the 240mm model, able to better manage the thermals. The X72 also redesigned the pump, saying it is both quieter and offers a greater volumetric flow rate than previous generations (the X42/52/62 used the Asetek Gen 5 pump w/modifications – perhaps it is Gen 6?). Connecting the pump to the radiator is nylon-braided sleeved rubber tubing 400mm(~15.75-inches) long. The X72 does keep the cool looking RGB lighting and infinite-mirror effects on the pump.

x72-1_575px.jpg

x72-2_575px.jpg

NZXT X72 and M22 AIO CPU Coolers
  X72 M22
CPU Socket Compatibility Intel -  LGA 2066/ 2011-3 / 2011 / 1151 / 1150 / 1155 / 1156 / 1366
AMD - FM1 / FM2 / FM2+ / AM2 / AM2+ / AM3 / AM3+ / AM4 (TR4 = X72 only)
Radiator Material Aluminum
Dimensions 394 x 120 x 27mm (L x W x H) 152 x 120 x 32mm (L x W x H)
Fan Dimensions 120 x 120 x 26mm
Speed 500-2000 RPM +/- 300RPM (PWM)
Air Flow 18.28 - 73.11 CFM
Air Pressure 0.18 - 2.93 mmAq (Max)
MTTF 60000 Hours / 6 Years
Noise Level 21 - 36 db(A)
Connector 4-Pin (PWM)
Pump Dimensions 80 x 80 x 52.9mm (L x W x H) 65 x 64 x 48mm (L x W x H)
Materials Copper, Plastic
Noise Level N/A
Motor Speed 1600 - 2800 RPM +/- 300 RPM 3000 RPM +/- 300 RPM
Price $199.99 $99.99
Warranty 6 Years

3 Years

After sticking with 280mm and smaller AIOs for what feels like ages, NZXT is finally going with a 360mm one. The X72 might be using an Asetek Gen 6 pump (as opposed to the Gen5 in the 60 series), but it also comes in with a monstrous $200 price tag. Some of the other 360mm AIOs I've seen haven't been that impressive, though, and many haven't really been much better than a good 240mm or 280mm AIO. However, the Kraken X62 was one of the best 280mm AIOs on the market, so hopefully they've done a good job with the X72 and we'll see a product that actually has benefits over the X62.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Was planning on buying a X62 but might have to consider this now :P 

Though that'd mean a case upgrade too, hmm.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I see they've dropped compatibility for LGA 775.....

Here's to hoping this doesn't fail as often as the X62 did. *raises beer*

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Gotta compete with the H150 pro, Celsius S36 and LiqTech TR$ 360...

By 2024 we're gonna be seeing 480 AIO's

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

They are also releasing a single 12 cm rad called the M22:

https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-m22

Now can someone explain to me what that plate in the middle of radiator is good for?

large_b3d03c4e6f42e522.jpg

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 minute ago, Notional said:

Now can someone explain to me what that plate in the middle of radiator is good for?

Image result for well, uh

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

Well there is generally no air flow in that area because its the center of the fan. But I cant see the reason to add a plate.

9 minutes ago, Notional said:

The real question is why release it at $100 when you can find cheaper 120 AIO for less and the cooler master 240mm RAD RGB AIO is usually like $70 now its $60.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2YM-0004-00015&cm_re=cooler_master_aio-_-2YM-0004-00015-_-Product

13 minutes ago, Demonking said:

The real question is why release it at $100 when you can find cheaper 120 AIO for less and the cooler master 240mm RAD RGB AIO is usually like $70 now its $60.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2YM-0004-00015&cm_re=cooler_master_aio-_-2YM-0004-00015-_-Product

RGB tax? I have no idea.

23 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Gotta compete with the H150 pro, Celsius S36 and LiqTech TR$ 360...

Which might as well be exactly the same.

All Aluminium, all garbage

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

12 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Aluminium, all garbage

Aluminum doesn't inherently mean garbage. The minimal difference between an all aluminum and an all copper loop is not going mean a damn thing to most of us in the real world. The only issue Aluminum has is that mixing it with other metals, at the scale of PC cooling loops, is a big no no.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

38 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Which might as well be exactly the same.

All Aluminium, all garbage

The same, yes

Garbage, probably not.

1 hour ago, Notional said:

306.jpg

Apparently, that is where the pump cable is coming out. How very bizarre. The pump itself is smaller than the other krakens too. That is pretty cool though.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

MEANWHILE AT NZXT HQ

CEO: Alright boys, we need to improve our AIOs and get more sales. Any ideas?

Bill: Better fans? Improved Radiator design?

Jeff: All copper loop? More RGB?

Bob: Make it bigger

CEO: ...

CEO: Bob you're a goddamn genius. Jeff, give this man a raise.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

13 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

MEANWHILE AT NZXT HQ

CEO: Bob you're a goddamn genius. Jeff, give this man a raise. Here are my keys. Go to my house and f*** my wife.

FTFY

Source

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Aluminum doesn't inherently mean garbage. The minimal difference between an all aluminum and an all copper loop is not going mean a damn thing to most of us in the real world.

Sounds like a n00b talking.

Every degree counts my dude.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It has RGB so you know it already perfect :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

13 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Sounds like a n00b talking.

Every degree counts my dude.

If you're at the point of every degree counts, you're building a custom loop bigger than this already.

But 1 or 2C is almost never going to make or break a system. And if aluminum is good enough to cool something that literally explodes when overheated, like an engine, it's more than good enough a processing unit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 3/9/2018 at 1:55 PM, TVwazhere said:

FTFY

Source

Oh my how lewd ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540