Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

A beater car for the winter is a good idea if you can pull it off. Might end up saving you money in the long run compared to sliding the s13 all over the place.

But sliding is where the fun is :D

I was sliding around inside a parkade today, while playing

... in a Buick Rendezvous. And it was still a blast.

"Rawr XD"

Kinda been talked about but this is a little twist...

What song makes you just want to put your foot down and just launch?

or this

Basically any AC/DC song

Any recommended larger Alternators for a NA MX5?

A friend of mine keeps killing Alternators ever since he added Subs to his sound system. So a larger alternator is the solution coming to mind. Which one would you recommend?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Would take this over any of the RX7's any day of the week

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

~~

Would take this over any of the RX7's any day of the week

I appreciate the work he put in, but I'd still take a RE Amemiya FD over an RX3. Rotary love <3

I've been seeing a lot of Corona Coupes in Toronto too - something about 70s Japanese muscle just looked so right - maybe because they werent massive boats like those stateside.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Talk about timing. Currently editing some pics of a R34 in Midnight Purple, and then this video appears in my sub box.

1398934893002620711.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I missed out on the bike talk a little earlier. If I were to get my M license and get a bike, it would be this:

KTM 1190 Adventurer R

- sniperino ktmerino -

Why not the 1290 Super Adventure?

maxresdefault.jpg

Or the BMW R1200GS Adventure?

2014-BMW-R1200GS-Adventure.jpg

These are not so off-roadish tho

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Why not the 1290 Super Adventure?

Or the BMW R1200GS Adventure?

M8. Did you see my car plans?

For some reason I feel you'll absolutely love them

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

M8. Did you see my car plans?

For some reason I feel you'll absolutely love them

Good choice on the tires. They're not marked, but I assume they're the AS3s? Definitely one of the better all seasons available atm. A tad cheaper on TireRack, but do keep a look out for manufacturer rebates if you can. IIRC it's either a $70 rebate from Michelin or a gift card from your retailer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A%2FS&partnum=96HR5PREAS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Folding@Home | BOINC

Good choice on the tires. They're not marked, but I assume they're the AS3s? Definitely one of the better all seasons available atm. A tad cheaper on TireRack, but do keep a look out for manufacturer rebates if you can. IIRC it's either a $70 rebate from Michelin or a gift card from your retailer.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Premier+A%2FS&partnum=96HR5PREAS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Main reason I chose them was the tread rating. The car will be my only car and since I'll be a teenager with a 240SX. Well, you know how that will go.

So tires that will last me longer will be very welcome

Main reason I chose them was the tread rating. The car will be my only car and since I'll be a teenager with a 240SX. Well, you know how that will go.

So tires that will last me longer will be very welcome

So don't burn them off as quickly and they'll last longer.. :P

So don't burn them off as quickly and they'll last longer.. :P

Well, you see. 240SX plus being 18 years old will equal some drifting. Want some tires that will last quite a while.

Also the occasional burnout when I first get the car, all of my friends are car people and appreciate a good burnout after all.

Well, you see. 240SX plus being 18 years old will equal some drifting. Want some tires that will last quite a while.

Also the occasional burnout when I first get the car, all of my friends are car people and appreciate a good burnout after all.

Just make sure you're burning your tires and not your like a yellow Corvette.

Just make sure you're burning your tires and not your like a yellow Corvette.

I do love a good burnout. I've done a few, pretty good at it.

:wub:

Glad to see someone else that shows them the same love I do  :lol:

auto or manual 240sx?

AMD FX 8350 | 2X XFX RADEON HD7850 | ASUS SABERTOOTH R2.0 | NZXT GUARDIAN 921RB | KINGSTON HYPER-X 2X8GB 

auto or manual 240sx?

Whichever I can find at the time of purchase. If I end up with an Automatic, I'll manual swap it and further down the line when I have the money

So here's a thought and a question, kinda cause of you @RevoltTrain:

If you managed to get one of your dream cars, for example a 240sx, would you realistically ever sell it for whatever reason?

What does LTT think of the RC-F? 

1399693579063937454.jpg

^ Canada's first Rocketbunny car from last Saturday; the lighting made it a PITA to shoot. Would you believe it if I told you it was a wrap?

Folding@Home | BOINC

So here's a thought and a question, kinda cause of you @RevoltTrain:

If you managed to get one of your dream cars, for example a 240sx, would you realistically ever sell it for whatever reason?

Honestly? No. I'd be willing to rebuild the entire thing if I needed to.

I'd be the same way with a WRX Wagon.

Those are cars I've always loved as long as I can remember.

Honestly? No. I'd be willing to rebuild the entire thing if I needed to.

I'd be the same way with a WRX Wagon.

Those are cars I've always loved as long as I can remember.

And if the thing got totaled or you had to move with limited resources? Kids and money restraints? Etc.

What does LTT think of the RC-F? 

^ Canada's first Rocketbunny car from last Saturday; the lighting made it a PITA to shoot. Would you believe it if I told you it was a wrap?

I like it. It's obnoxious. In a good way. Like the Tanked Out 240. I love how it looks.

Not too surprised it's a wrap.

This car amazes me that it's a wrap sometimes:

And if the thing got totaled or you had to move with limited resources? Kids and money restraints? Etc.

I'd barn it until I have the money to rebuild the car. There's always room for a car at the family farm.