Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Of course, I'm just pricing out what I'll be paying next year so I have a good idea

Hell yeah, planning car projects is fun. Are you pretty set on the model then?

Maybe there just aren't many around here (RWD in CO kinda sucks) but most s13/s14 I see seem pretty built with a fat FMIC hanging out the bumper or the exact opposite and are in bad shape. Rarely to I see a nice clean stock car, the type I would want to start off with. Isn't that a popular platform? Are there any good ones out there for a decent price?

Hell yeah, planning car projects is fun. Are you pretty set on the model then?

Maybe there just aren't many around here (RWD in CO kinda sucks) but most s13/s14 I see seem pretty built with a fat FMIC hanging out the bumper or the exact opposite and are in bad shape. Rarely to I see a nice clean stock car, the type I would want to start off with. Isn't that a popular platform? Are there any good ones out there for a decent price?

I'm pretty set on the S13, I love pop up headlights, I'd love a hatch but I'll take a coupe if that's all I can find. I have some pretty good plans I think. They can be had just a few hours a way for around $3K.

It's a fairly popular platform, but not where I live. 

Here are the plans I currently have. The list will of course expand before June / July.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f5RkjEO2E_gFVM3q6DCnMRxyza3my0LSlJKdhn9iha4/edit?usp=sharing

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I'm pretty set on the S13, I love pop up headlights, I'd love a hatch but I'll take a coupe if that's all I can find. I have some pretty good plans I think. They can be had just a few hours a way for around $3K.

It's a fairly popular platform, but not where I live. 

Here are the plans I currently have. The list will of course expand before June / July.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1f5RkjEO2E_gFVM3q6DCnMRxyza3my0LSlJKdhn9iha4/edit?usp=sharing

It is funny I was asking about if there are any good s13 around when I am the DSM guy...there are hardly any stock ones left it seems unless they are in really bad shape :(.

That is awesome you are breaking it all down like that, I hope it goes as planned!

I'm a sucker for popups too...check out my Eclipse behind my buddy's 1G 3000gt VR4 TT (also with popups) in the rain:

IMG_0028_zpsvfevpwkd.jpg

It is funny I was asking about if there are any good s13 around when I am the DSM guy...there are hardly any stock ones left it seems unless they are in really bad shape :(.

That is awesome you are breaking it all down like that, I hope it goes as planned!

I'm a sucker for popups too...check out my Eclipse behind my buddy's 1G 3000gt VR4 TT (also with popups) in the rain:

IMG_0028_zpsvfevpwkd.jpg

Ooh, I'm not a Mitsubishi person my self, Subaru person here, but I'll admit. That is one sexy car.

Pop up headlights to me add so much character to a car.

Edit: How do you like the plans for the car by the way?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Not me.

I don't have car money until June.

I did want a Crown Vic, but S13 is life.

Crown Vic with a few bottom end changes and a turbo can make 700+ easy. :ph34r:

Crown Vic with a few bottom end changes and a turbo can make 700+ easy. :ph34r:

I just don't have the same love for a crown vic that I do for an S13.

I'm a sucker for a clean S13, which is my plan.

I just don't have the same love for a crown vic that I do for an S13.

I'm a sucker for a clean S13, which is my plan.

I can understand. The S13 wouldn't need to make nearly as much power as the Crown would to get the same snappiness out of it which is a huge bonus.

I can understand. The S13 wouldn't need to make nearly as much power as the Crown would to get the same snappiness out of it which is a huge bonus.

I'd love a Crown Vic, don't get me wrong. But the S13 is something I've always loved, just like the WRX. If that wasn't the case I'd honestly go for a Crown Vic.

Plus the S13 is a unicorn where I live. Crown Vic is kinda common

Ooh, I'm not a Mitsubishi person my self, Subaru person here, but I'll admit. That is one sexy car.

Edit: How do you like the plans for the car by the way?

I'm with you on this one. Definitely some of the more memorable cars I come across.

11879159_10153442718756815_2126001493309

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I'd love a Crown Vic, don't get me wrong. But the S13 is something I've always loved, just like the WRX. If that wasn't the case I'd honestly go for a Crown Vic.

Plus the S13 is a unicorn where I live. Crown Vic is kinda common

I completely get where you're coming from.

In other news, I've found a few 68 Mustang fastbacks for sale that are dirt cheap because they're gutted rust buckets. Possibly even cheaper than dirt actually. Weight/$ dirt might actually cost more. :o I know my welding isn't the best because I haven't done any in over a decade but that should be a pretty fun project. Just wish I had the funds to start already.

I'm with you on this one. Definitely some of the more memorable cars I come across.

11879159_10153442718756815_2126001493309

This is one of my favorite S13s

Pretty simple and clean.

Ooh, I'm not a Mitsubishi person my self, but I'll admit. That is one sexy car.

I'm not really a Mitsubishi guy myself, I just fell in love with the 4g63t AWD platform in 8th grade when I saw one chirp all 4 for a sec and take off like a rocket. It was my brother's friend's-brother's car (wtf?) and I was blown away. This was before the EVO 8 in the US, all we had were DSMs ('89-'98) Eclipse/Talon/Laser and 3000 Galant VR4s (pretty much the EVO 0).

I think the body design was actually Chrysler/Plymouth for the 90-94 1G DSMs that I like. It was a true mish-mash of design and technology from 3 struggling car companies loosely banded together in the '90s.

Honestly I even think the 4g63 sounds like ass most of the time but damn, it is a solid iron block with a very forgiving 7.8:1 compression that can handle 2.5-3x stock power on factory internals. Best of all, I could afford one in highschool and drive it through a foot of snow in the winter.

I'm not really a Mitsubishi guy myself, I just fell in love with the 4g63t AWD platform in 8th grade when I saw one chirp all 4 for a sec and take off like a rocket. It was my brother's friend's-brother's car (wtf?) and I was blown away. This was before the EVO 8 in the US, all we had were DSMs ('89-'98) Eclipse/Talon/Laser and 3000 Galant VR4s (pretty much the EVO 0).

I think the body design was actually Chrysler/Plymouth for the 90-94 1G DSMs that I like. It was a true mish-mash of design and technology from 3 struggling car companies loosely banded together in the '90s.

Honestly I even think the 4g63 sounds like ass most of the time but damn, it is a solid iron block with a very forgiving 7.8:1 compression that can handle 2.5-3x stock power on factory internals. Best of all, I could afford one in highschool and drive it through a foot of snow in the winter.

I'm a little worried about the winter here in RWD, but I'll figure it out.

We can get a foot and a half over night because of lake effect snow. May pick up a winter beater truck of some nature if I have too many issues.

I'm a little worried about the winter here in RWD, but I'll figure it out.

We can get a foot and a half over night because of lake effect snow. May pick up a winter beater truck of some nature if I have too many issues.

Winter is a big deal here too. Most days are clear even in winter but we have a few 2ft+ snows every season. At least we have a massive snow-clearing budget here in most places, they seem to get things cleared up on the major roads really fast.

A beater car for the winter is a good idea if you can pull it off. Might end up saving you money in the long run compared to sliding the s13 all over the place.

I have seen neither... I need to see this...

How have you not seen the Explorer? They're literally everywhere...

And they don't really bring out the Aristo anymore, last year they started taking it out less and less, but 2-3 years ago I saw it a lot in the westwinds/falconridge area

"Rawr XD"

How have you not seen the Explorer? They're literally everywhere...

And they don't really bring out the Aristo anymore, last year they started taking it out less and less, but 2-3 years ago I saw it a lot in the westwinds/falconridge area

I have seen explorers but they were all very clearly badged as being police vehicles.

And yea I never go to the falconridge/westwinds area

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I have seen explorers but they were all very clearly badged as being police vehicles.

There's plenty that aren't badged. But it's still pretty easy to tell cause they still have the steel wheels and bumper bars

"Rawr XD"

There's plenty that aren't badged. But it's still pretty easy to tell cause they still have the steel wheels and bumper bars

Maybe it comes from not living on the edge of Penbrooke Marlborough and Forest Lawn all at once...

EDIT: My dad almost went for your car until he asked how old you were. Apparently will never buy a car from a person under 30.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

In Oregon Ford Explorers are only for Wildlife police, State Troopers and Sergeants.

Kinda been talked about but this is a little twist...

What song makes you just want to put your foot down and just launch?

System: Thinkpad T460

Just about any up beat Fall Out Boy song, current one is I Don't Care

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Maybe it comes from not living on the edge of Penbrooke Marlborough and Forest Lawn all at once...

EDIT: My dad almost went for your car until he asked how old you were. Apparently will never buy a car from a person under 30.

Oh the Beamer is gone lol I traded it for a Buick Rendezvous + $2000

$_27.JPG

"Rawr XD"

And I'm probably not the only one who agrees, since it was in the soundtrack of this epic game

"Rawr XD"

And I'm probably not the only one who agrees, since it was in the soundtrack of this epic game

Nope, I love that song. MCR is love