Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

Yesterday I revved the van engine trying to accelerate to 50, all the way to 5K rpm, on an ice cold engine. Of course only I would do something that heinous, right?

I do that most days, car gets about 2 mins driving before its redlined in third lmao

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

34 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

poor poor volvo ... and porsche or porsche style wheels 

at least i hope its bagged 

suspension is airlift

is indeed bagged

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

22 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Lol It took me a while to realise they were Porsche whees, but they look weirdly nice on them imo. Awsome engine though :) 2.5 Turbo, same as MK2 Focus ST, just detuned

having a nice engines doesnt mean they have to kill the suspension on it :P 

and actually the Focus has the C30 engine ... only tuned higher :D 

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

suspension is airlift

is indeed bagged

still looks crap ... at least he aint killing the oil pan on every slight bump

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

having a nice engines doesnt mean they have to kill the suspension on it :P 

and actually the Focus has the C30 engine ... only tuned higher :D 

still looks crap ... at least he aint killing the oil pan on every slight bump

Eh, to each their own, or whatever that saying is :P

26 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Lol It took me a while to realise they were Porsche whees, but they look weirdly nice on them imo. Awsome engine though :) 2.5 Turbo, same as MK2 Focus ST, just detuned

fyi the engine code for that gen C30 should be B5254T7

and the early C30 and focus used the B5254T3 :P

im slightly obsessed with volvo :) 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

fyi the engine code for that gen C30 should be B5254T7

and the early C30 and focus used the B5254T3 :P

im slightly obsessed with volvo :) 

Hmmm, "slightly" xD jk

I guess I can use that code in some time in the distant future for when I buy the thing. I still dunno which shape I prefer, the 1st or 2nd gen

Just now, IAR117 said:

Hmmm, "slightly" xD jk

I guess I can use that code in some time in the distant future for when I buy the thing. I still dunno which shape I prefer, the 1st or 2nd gen

i prefer the newer one .. but the original still looks nice imo 

one of my favorite volvo engines is the B5254T4 used in the 2nd gen V70R .. cause V70R :D 

i prefer the newer one .. but the original still looks nice imo 

one of my favorite volvo engines is the B5254T4 used in the 2nd gen V70R .. cause V70R :D 

And who can hate on a V70R? :P

Just now, IAR117 said:

And who can hate on a V70R? :P

there is this one guy here ... who claims that 5pots are shite ... mainly to try and make me mad ... dunno if he actually hates them ... 

2 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

volvo-v70r-aanhanger-001.jpg

there is this one guy here ... who claims that 5pots are shite ... mainly to try and make me mad ... dunno if he actually hates them ... 

Lol, well once he's seen this pic, he'll most likely have a change of heart :P

4 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Lol, well once he's seen this pic, he'll most likely have a change of heart :P

doubt it .. he drives a renault laguna wagon with a 1.5 turbo diesel xD 

also .... :x

2fMxeYY.jpg

czuekCa.jpg

2VkMtXL.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

doubt it .. he drives a renault laguna wagon with a 1.5 turbo diesel xD 

also .... :x

2fMxeYY.jpg

czuekCa.jpg

2VkMtXL.jpg

Colour is a bit overkill imo, but they made it just work, thumbs up to that guy. Also a Laguna Wagon? I'd almost feel bad for him.... if I forgot I cannot drive yet :P

22 minutes ago, techswede said:

D5>T5

T7 > All

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

24 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Colour is a bit overkill imo, but they made it just work, thumbs up to that guy. Also a Laguna Wagon? I'd almost feel bad for him.... if I forgot I cannot drive yet :P

i love how it looks tho ...  

23 minutes ago, techswede said:

D5>T5

over a T5 maybe .. but not an R :P

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

T7 > All

A bacteriophage is not comparable to an engine? 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

A bacteriophage is not comparable to an engine? 

T7 boi

NewEngine.jpg

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

T7 boi

BLEH. Varta battery... Bleh!

But yeah i know what you meant. The T7, A virus that infects bacteria. Is a tad more interesting though :P

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

BLEH. Varta battery... Bleh!

But yeah i know what you meant. The T7, A virus that infects bacteria. Is a tad more interesting though :P

I mean, it's been a virus on my wallet

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I mean, it's been a virus on my wallet

Not a virus. Full on coagulopathy.

My car is the worst thing to try and take before and after pictures when its cleaned

20171223_093726.jpg

20171223_104310.jpg

5 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

you totally need to import one ... they look better ... imo

I’d have to like somehow just get the Body shipped here and swap my Miata into it lol

and that wouldn’t be easy... they are quite rare. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1