Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Every time I watch the original Fast and the Furious, I'm amazed they got away with calling Brian a faggot at the beginning. If they tried that today, it would cause a riot

(First fight scene in the movie at the diner)

I also really hope the next Fast and the Furious movie goes back to the style of the first, mainly based on racing with a bit of the heist thrown in there, not the other way around which most of them have been.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Every time I watch the original Fast and the Furious, I'm amazed they got away with calling Brian a faggot at the beginning. If they tried that today, it would cause a riot

(First fight scene in the movie at the diner)

what i am amazed out is how they ruin good older cars :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

what i am amazed out is how they ruin good older cars :P

A few cars in the first movie are pretty nicely done IMO, like Dom's RX7, and a few random background cars. But most of the cars in the first one are too rice for my taste. The builds are nice, but the aesthetics kill me

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I just got sniped on ebay... (A set of 17" rs watanabes with the rigth bolt pattern to fit my Volvo 240, and someone outbid med by ONE US DOLLAR!)

I was eyeing up a replica hakasouka wing too, would have been cool to have watanabes and that spoiler on my 240. (Rear fender flares + lowering Springs are planned, if i ever get my hands on a set of watanabes)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

I just got sniped on ebay... (A set of 17" rs watanabes with the rigth bolt pattern to fit my Volvo 240, and someone outbid med by ONE US DOLLAR!)

I was eyeing up a replica hakasouka wing too, would have been cool to have watanabes and that spoiler on my 240.

Damn.

A few cars in the first movie are pretty nicely done IMO, like Dom's RX7, and a few random background cars. But most of the cars in the first one are too rice for my taste. The builds are nice, but the aesthetics kill me

i have only seen the first one and parts of the others i couldn't go on with the series 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

i have only seen the first one and parts of the others i couldn't go on with the series 

It's get better after the first 2 or 3, which I honestly like these ones also. But the others are better made.

It's get better after the first 2 or 3, which I honestly like these ones also. But the others are better made.

i was just commenting on the cars that like a horror movie for me xD

i was just commenting on the cars that like a horror movie for me xD

Yeah, some of them we're pretty bad. But some of them were absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, some of them we're pretty bad. But some of them were absolutely beautiful.

the first f&f movies should have been named: rice gone furious.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

the first f&f movies should have been named: rice gone furious.

Back in 2001 that was the style though. It was actually pretty fitting

Back in 2001 that was the style though. It was actually pretty fitting

but still, early 2000s where the "aids epidemic" for cars....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

but still, early 2000s where the "aids epidemic" for cars....

I can't argue with that one. They were fitting for the time, but they're still absolutely awful looking. I'd love one of these builds to de-rice them.

This was rather unexpected but someone quite literally gave me a garage and a ton of tools today. I say me, but I meant me and my friend. It was his grandpa's shop behind his house and no one really used it and it just had tons of old (but quality) tools and stuff that he used for many random things including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, wood working, etc. jack of all trades kind of guy, he was.

But anyway me and my friend decided to start a small business back there so we spent the day going through everything and sorting it out. Far from finished though, there is thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff in there, it's crazy! We are going to need more toolboxes though. The one he has won't be enough (you may notice the pile of tools on the old desk on the left back wall)

But anyway here is before and after (can't remember the order and I'm on my phone so it's hard to see) pics will be panorama's so they are quite large.

b6fb98502ee8494e7007b5acaab44d77.jpg

4a536ce79be38b4ef23de718501616e6.jpg

Also we found A LOT of electrical tape and thread tape (also zip ties, literally thousands of them lol)

f0d12b69ca675e7b8f5a96d129326a1c.jpg

So yeah it will be fun figuring out a way to get organized with all this equipment we have access to now lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This was rather unexpected but someone quite literally gave me a garage and a ton of tools today. I say me, but I meant me and my friend. It was his grandpa's shop behind his house and no one really used it and it just had tons of old (but quality) tools and stuff that he used for many random things including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, wood working, etc. jack of all trades kind of guy, he was.

But anyway me and my friend decided to start a small business back there so we spent the day going through everything and sorting it out. Far from finished though, there is thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff in there, it's crazy! We are going to need more toolboxes though. The one he has won't be enough (you may notice the pile of tools on the old desk on the left back wall)

But anyway here is before and after (can't remember the order and I'm on my phone so it's hard to see) pics will be panorama's so they are quite large.

Also we found A LOT of electrical tape and thread tape (also zip ties, literally thousands of them lol)

So yeah it will be fun figuring out a way to get organized with all this equipment we have access to now lol

That's pretty awesome. :) A little tip that you could use or what I did, is to sort the tools by pretty much what they do. So I have a box for handheld cutting tools (saws, shears for metal, cutting disks), griding tools (files, sandpaper etc.), measurement tools, fasteners, pretty much localized the tools so it's easy to find them. Plus wooden board above working area with nails in it and I hanged screwdrivers, different pliers, things that you use frequently, so they are in arms reach.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Lucky

System: Thinkpad T460

That's pretty awesome. :) A little tip that you could use or what I did, is to sort the tools by pretty much what they do. So I have a box for handheld cutting tools (saws, shears for metal, cutting disks), griding tools (files, sandpaper etc.), measurement tools, fasteners, pretty much localized the tools so it's easy to find them. Plus wooden board above working area with nails in it and I hanged screwdrivers, different pliers, things that you use frequently, so they are in arms reach.

yeah. we are looking into getting some harbor freight tool chests or something lol. just kind of expensive. we did find someone selling them on craigslist though so maybe we can get a steal and have a place to put everything and everything will get it's own drawer and such and it will be awesome.

We are going to get rid of more stuff in there too, plan is to shorten that middle table (literally cut it and move the legs to make it shorter) and have enough room to pull a car into the area (there is a garage door, so this will make an excellent car shop lol) 

There is a whole other section of the building that is under a tin roof that has even more stuff at our disposal. Lots of old boxes and old metal tool boxes from like the 80's lol, filled with stuff. (probably more zip ties and tape too xD). there is even a giant 5hp air compressor(which needs a service.. it works but it's like 10 years old lol) with a 50 gallon tank in the back of the building for air tool use. This will go nice with the air ratchets and impact guns we have hehe. But yeah we will try our best to keep everything where it belongs. We will probably give away or sell a lot of things we dont need, as all we really need is stuff for mechanic work. So yeah!  should be fun haha. We will probably be sorting things for months. 

There is also tons(i.e. thousands if not ten's of thousands) of misc bolts and screws and nuts etc. etc. that we will have to size, sort, and store. That is going to take forever. 

But anyways the idea is to start a small Vehicle Modification/service by appointment shop. Should be fun. Maybe we could grow it. 

Also what you guys think of this? we got him down to $600 and we /may/ get some assistance in paying for it. http://lafayette.craigslist.org/tls/5385776347.html it's just the US general stuff that you can buy at harbor freight, seeing a couple youtube videos it should be nice enough to last a long time in a soon-to-be climate controlled shop haha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

That looks awesome^^ Have fun cleaning it up  :lol:

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

ammPzhr.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

A new swedish car show is about to start tomorrow on a channel that i don't have.

The car behind one of the hosts is pretty familiar though  :lol:

kenneth-ramona.jpg

The snow plow has broken down. The road outside won't get cleared....

tumblr_njbw2jKSpA1rt5pgzo1_400.gif

God i want this one

God i want this one

I WANT A 200 LIKE THAT SO BAD ... sorry had to get that out of my system xD

and my dad nearly bought a Audi V8 instead of his 100 typ44 quattro xD too bad it didnt start when he was looking at it

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO