Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

The hate is real. And come on average temperature here in Sweden is 18*C so this is hot. 

Not hate, closer to shame. :P And come on, I've lived and been to places where it gets really cold, there's no reason your body can't acclimate to warm weather considering that's what humans are used to.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

People say they don't really notice it much with the heaviest lighter one they make (14lbs over stock 22) 

thats the only only reason I'm considering it. The stock one is too heavy too, you have to wait too long in between shifts for it to be smooth.

i was. More concerned about noise at idle/decel

I don't see it really being too noisy over stock but it depends on your harmonic balancer. I've done lightweight flywheels and balancers. Flywheels like I said require more clutch and RPMs to take off because weight causing a loss in inertia.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Engine shipping out today.

debating the lightweight flywheel...

Be about it

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

18527559_10155367363458223_780591162748913990_n.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

8 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

this means no twingo

waste of a trip

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

why does JDM come up with all kinds of crappy parts when I'm trying to look for an OEM Japan (or European) midpipe for the JDM exhaust manifold for my Miata? Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Looking at upgrading my 2015 wrx around the beginning of July.  I'm still doing more research of all the parts I'm going to buy, but I think I have a good idea on what I'm going to do.  Probably looking at the following:

Cobb Accessport v3

Grimmspeed CAI

Grimmspeed Boost Controller

Invidia catless downpipe

Perrin shift stop

Perrin shifter bushing

Perrin short shifter adapter

Invidia Q300 exhaust

E-tune, not sure where I'm gonna get one done yet but I have a few options.

Should be a welcome upgrade to my car.  Definitely looking forward to driving it once I install everything.  Should be a fun weekend doing the installation as well.

1 minute ago, revl8er said:

Looking at upgrading my 2015 wrx around the beginning of July.  I'm still doing more research of all the parts I'm going to buy, but I think I have a good idea on what I'm going to do.  Probably looking at the following:

Cobb Accessport v3

Grimmspeed CAI

Grimmspeed Boost Controller

Invidia catless downpipe

Perrin shift stop

Perrin shifter bushing

Perrin short shifter adapter

Invidia Q300 exhaust

E-tune, not sure where I'm gonna get one done yet but I have a few options.

Should be a welcome upgrade to my car.  Definitely looking forward to driving it once I install everything.  Should be a fun weekend doing the installation as well.

Hatch? And maybe pics?

I absolutely love Subarus and it's great to hear of another in our little thread

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

why does JDM come up with all kinds of crappy parts when I'm trying to look for an OEM Japan (or European) midpipe for the JDM exhaust manifold for my Miata? Lol

rice rice baby

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Cause JDM is a lost term. 

Whats the difference in mid pipes?

8 minutes ago, vetali said:

Cause JDM is a lost term. 

Whats the difference in mid pipes?

Pretty significant...

Should be pretty obvious which one is JDM/EUDM (they are the same)

IMG_7845.JPG

IMG_7846.JPG

If any europeans here can help me find one that is willing to ship to the US <3

should be for 2001+ non turbo miatas 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Pretty significant...

Should be pretty obvious which one is JDM/EUDM (they are the same)

Wont cause a check engine light?

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Wont cause a check engine light?

No.

the programming on the USDM and JDM ECU's is actually the same from what I read. With the exception of the rev limit. (Miatas in Japan rev to 7500, US is 7200)

Spoiler

Worst case is I'll just have to use my USDM manifold until I find one. 

Will be missing out on about 5hp apparently.

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

No.

the programming on the USDM and JDM ECU's is actually the same from what I read. 

I doubt it is the same for emissions.

Also that exhaust manifold is nice quality. One nice thing I notice about mazda. They mostly use stainless steel manifolds, except for the turbo 2.3s which use turd cast iron manifolds. 

May not get paid today because I joined in the middle of a pay week I may not get paid for 2 more weeks still. The struggle. Will be car parts money regardless

Also, even though I work at a place generally known for breakfast, I went to a lot as a kid. I realized, I've never gotten breakfast food from work. Even though I can get a free meal per shift (And 50% off any other food purchased) IDK

Here is a picture from when I first bought it.  Car is pretty much stock now, only things changed were the radio, replaced with a pioneer touchscreen, and the speakers, changed to some Kicker 3-way speakers.  

FB_IMG_1495218568641.jpg

Just now, revl8er said:

Here is a picture from when I first bought it.  Car is pretty much stock now, only things changed were the radio, replaced with a pioneer touchscreen, and the speakers, changed to some Kicker 3-way speakers.  

Totally blanked on me that you said a 2015, so hatch was out of the question.

But she's gorgeous. Have you looked into getting new wheels and unequal length headers?

@vetali I agree. It's super nice. 

Too bad bad I probably won't be able to use it lol

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Totally blanked on me that you said a 2015, so hatch was out of the question.

But she's gorgeous. Have you looked into getting new wheels and unequal length headers?

Not really thinking on that yet.  After I throw this $2k or so to go stage 2 I might go ahead and do a Cadillac brake upgrade to it.  If I do then I will have to go with at least 18" wheels, or would have to modify the calipers to fit properly.  That should run me about $1200 with all parts and doing the work myself, where if I bought standard Brembo brakes it would be over $3000 to do front and back.  Apparently the Cadillac brakes are Brembos, and just need a few modifications to work on a WRX.  As for headers, probably not at the moment.  If I do anything further under the hood it would require me to change out more than I want such as fuel pump, turbo, intercooler.  

Edit:  I'll definitely take some pictures of everything I buy and probably some pics during installation and after installation.  Possibly even a video to show a before and after 0-60 as well as launch and the difference in sound.

2 minutes ago, revl8er said:

Not really thinking on that yet.  After I throw this $2k or so to go stage 2 I might go ahead and do a Cadillac brake upgrade to it.  If I do then I will have to go with at least 18" wheels, or would have to modify the calipers to fit properly.  That should run me about $1200 with all parts and doing the work myself, where if I bought standard Brembo brakes it would be over $3000 to do front and back.  Apparently the Cadillac brakes are Brembos, and just need a few modifications to work on a WRX.  As for headers, probably not at the moment.  If I do anything further under the hood it would require me to change out more than I want such as fuel pump, turbo, intercooler.  

Edit:  I'll definitely take some pictures of everything I buy and probably some pics during installation and after installation.  Possibly even a video to show a before and after 0-60 as well as launch and the difference in sound.

Sweet man! I've got pretty similar plans for my Saab

Stage 2, brakes, full suspension, fuel, new intercooler, and maybe someday a TD-04 upgrade

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Sweet man! I've got pretty similar plans for my Saab

Stage 2, brakes, full suspension, fuel, new intercooler, and maybe someday a TD-04 upgrade

Sweet, I would have had all this done now, but decided to wait until my warranty ran out before doing anything.  I still don't know if I want to mess with the turbo or intercooler since I'm really just doing it for some fun driving.  Don't plan on doing any racing, except the occasional highway fun of course.  I'm not a fan of the braking of this car, but that's probably because I got used to my ST which I installed some hawk brakes and hawk slotted rotors.

I need to find a BP6D ecu (doesn't require immobilizer) so I can use the intake manifold too lol

help! Lol

Spoiler

Just now, revl8er said:

Sweet, I would have had all this done now, but decided to wait until my warranty ran out before doing anything.  I still don't know if I want to mess with the turbo or intercooler since I'm really just doing it for some fun driving.  Don't plan on doing any racing, except the occasional highway fun of course.  I'm not a fan of the braking of this car, but that's probably because I got used to my ST which I installed some hawk brakes and hawk slotted rotors.

I'm planning on going either hawk or EBC for my brakes, not sure yet.

If you live somewhere where it gets hot I'd recommend a bigger intercooler (not even necessarily a front mount) just to prevent heat soak. It gets to about 105F where I live so a bigger intercooler is a must for me

I plan on tracking my car a few times a year at Gingerman Raceway as it's only an hour from my house