Intermittent static coming from wired headphones

I have recently started having an issue where I will randomly get static noise from my headphones. The noise isn't coming from anything on the computer; even if I have everything muted it will still produce static by just having the headphones plugged in. I have tried on both the motherboard 3.5mm jack and the front case panel port with different headphones and it still produces this noise. One interesting thing is that the static/crackle used to be really intense while still intermittent and then I left the computer off for about a week and then after coming back the static is still there but with less intensity. Thanks for the helpūüėô

Specs:

Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎12/‎29/‎2023
OS build    22631.3593

64-bit operating system
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0
13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz

XFX Speedster Merc319 AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

EVGA 700 Bronze

2x16GB Ripjaws DDR4 3200 MHz

2TB P3 Plus Crucial M.2 SSD

Asrock Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 (updated bios)

Could be some other device in your household emitting radio waves. The cables of your headphones are essentially antennae, so can pick up these transmissions.

Could also be from unclean power, when devices that use a lot of power, such as washing machines get switched on or off.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, mikeyboy897 said:

I have recently started having an issue where I will randomly get static noise from my headphones. The noise isn't coming from anything on the computer; even if I have everything muted it will still produce static by just having the headphones plugged in. I have tried on both the motherboard 3.5mm jack and the front case panel port with different headphones and it still produces this noise. One interesting thing is that the static/crackle used to be really intense while still intermittent and then I left the computer off for about a week and then after coming back the static is still there but with less intensity. Thanks for the helpūüėô

Specs:

Edition    Windows 11 Home
Version    23H2
Installed on    ‎12/‎29/‎2023
OS build    22631.3593

64-bit operating system
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0
13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700KF 3.40 GHz

XFX Speedster Merc319 AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT

EVGA 700 Bronze

2x16GB Ripjaws DDR4 3200 MHz

2TB P3 Plus Crucial M.2 SSD

Asrock Z690 Phantom Gaming 4 (updated bios)

This happens with my Razer headphones if I move the cable or change the volume using the volume knob on the headset. Mines really quiet and I have no clue why it happens. Mine is bearable tho since its not all the time. Could it be the actual cable that has been damaged if it has just random;y started. It started happening with mine when I took it out once so maybe something happened?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).

I love Photography (Using a Canon 60D)

Love F1, my favourite team is Ferrari and my favourite driver is Leclerc