Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

B...but... 2j

if you want straight line power, don't ruin an 86 doing it. get a supra or something.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

If there wasn't a bunch of stuff bolted to the roof of the garage. I'd have this painted on it

s4UjYDb.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

that will ruin the weight distribution. those 2JZs are really heavy. I'd go turbo before i'd 2j swap. if anything, do a 2GR swap from a lexus. those are all aluminum so it wouldn't be too bad. 

yes but close to 3.5x the power of his 4age will increase speed quite a bit, the starlet will handle corners better than his 86 but i wont have a chance in hell to keep up. (unless i do a 3-rotor swap and throw two decent sized turbos on there and do everything humanly possible to extract every last droplet of power out of it (rotary engine is pretty light so id not stray too far away from the good weight distribution i allready have)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

But then you don't have the 86 part of it. Honestly I like the idea, one of the best toyota motors inside one of the best toyotas. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kinda like a 2j inside a tacoma. 

but the 4A-GE is already one of the best Toyota motors.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Rain and then it slowly seeps into the floor board. And every time I hose off the thing. It could've been below the carpet for months before enough accumulated to seep up through the carpet

hmm. so maybe i'd check for rust too, make sure that sitting water hasn't destroyed anything.

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

yes but close to 3.5x the power of his 4age will increase speed quite a bit, the starlet will handle corners better than his 86 but i wont have a chance in hell to keep up. (unless i do a 3-rotor swap and throw two decent sized turbos on there and do everything humanly possible to extract every last droplet of power out of it (rotary engine is pretty light so id not stray too far away from the good weight distribution i allready have)

hmm maybe convince him to fit a vq engine in there. all aluminum block, and it makes decent power, plus sounds good.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

hmm. so maybe i'd check for rust too, make sure that sitting water hasn't destroyed anything.

hmm maybe convince him to fit a vq engine in there. all aluminum block, and it makes decent power, plus sounds good.

or 2GR to stay in the Toyota family. ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Obligatory "LS Swap" comment.

The LS is about 200lbs lighter than a 2JZ... Just saying.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

4 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

but it'd be hard, it not, impossible to find a rwd transmission to fit that. the 2gr was fitted for fwd or 4wd applications.

nvm it was put longitudinally in lexuses. but still, hard to source one, unless you can find a wrecked lexus is or gs with a working v6

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

but it'd be hard, it not, impossible to find a rwd transmission to fit that. the 2gr was fitted for fwd or 4wd applications.

there's a RWD variant, the 2GR-FSE. there's also the smaller 3GR and 4GR versions as well.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

dayum dad, where do you get all theese cars from????

he has a 1994 sw20 (mr2) wich he is working on to geit it running and then he will either sell it or the 86.

(most likely going to sell his 86 because the value of mr2`s has really dropped while the 86 is climbing in value)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

59 minutes ago, terrytek said:

so i saw a bmw m4 in white today, and it did look absolutely gorgeous because it had stripe along the front of the car, and it looked amazing.

so imagine a white m4 like this

but with the strip like this on the front. same exact location.

7887a1d8a0f9e65c9e9c29799342ba30.jpg

too big in my opinion...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

6 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

dayum dad, where do you get all theese cars from????

he has a 1994 sw20 (mr2) wich he is working on to geit it running and then he will either sell it or the 86.

(most likely going to sell his 86 because the value of mr2`s has really dropped while the 86 is climbing in value)

he should definitely do a 2GR swap on that(assuming it's non-turbo). it's actually lighter than the stock 4 cylinder version.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

wow. that's a sucky situation. can you jump start it? it might run long enough to move it. hopefully it isn't far?

Tried jumping for an hour and a half with the donor vehicle redlined for half of that time.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Could jump it and run it on the alternator. Or with the cables still attached. Kinda jankey.

Or just put it in neutral and push it. They aren't that heavy. Grandad and I push the s10 around all the time so we don't have to start it and shut it down all the time. 

Ever see an alternator so good when you roll a window down your lights dim? Have to move it uphill a bit. Kinda looking for the least effort way to do this.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Tried jumping for an hour and a half with the donor vehicle redlined for half of that time.

Ever see an alternator so good when you roll a window down your lights dim? Have to move it uphill a bit. Kinda looking for the least effort way to do this.

wow. that's crazy. could you hook up another battery without putting it fully in place?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

wow. so why can't america just give up the standard units and just join the rest of the world with metric in everything else? i mean if manufacturing in america uses metric, then everything else should convert to metric. besides, metric is a much more uniform standard, with units of 10. the standard system is arbitrary for everything, from temperature to mass to volume in terms of units. i mean, seriously 32f for freezing and 212 for boiling water? where the hell did that come from?

Because it'd be very, very expensive and a massive waste of time. And the whole thing about Fahrenheit is a long story why the ranges are like that.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

wow. that's crazy. could you hook up another battery without putting it fully in place?

I would need a several feet of bungee cord because the hood wouldn't be able to close and I would have to hold the battery down some way to prevent it from falling in to the serpentine belt since the battery tray ends at the battery and there's a gaping hole next to it, anything bigger would flop over.

mustang engine bay.jpg

Also I found this picture, did someone seriously procharge a V6 Mustang..?

@AlwaysFSX yeah it's really cool. That dude in blue has a video on it. I actually quite like the v6 mustangs. They're kinda silly but I'd take it over a 4 banger. 

Really? I've never seen it before, got a link?

Thought you meant the junk 2V V6. :(

I wouldn't know. I just know its got 6 uppy downy things and says mustang. :P

Omg

?

That's one way of talking about the engine :P