Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

But I start the conversation about Tundras, and I was. I simply stayed that my tundra was smaller than most trucks, which is true, and you challenged me on it. ;)

I could swear I was talking only with vinyldash specifically about them.  :wacko: My memory has been quite a bit shitty the past week with things I've just read/saw so forgive me if I'm off my rocker more that usual.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2017.jpg

Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.

2017 Torino

.. Edit..

Turns out that it might not be a thing.. Should've known better than to trust facebook..

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I feel like the officials of the F1 series were smoking some pot, and we're like: so we've got these crazy fast cars, we should take those things, an put em on the snow with chains." Granted this is kind of understandable if you follow the series, but that's the first time I've seen that. Wouldn't the chaina fly apart with all that speed? Or are they special chains?

FIA officials have nothing to do with these stunts, and it's always been the work of Redbull Racing / Toro Rosso for the past few years wrt taking their current F1 cars after the season is complete and putting them on something that isn't a grade 1 surface (for promo purposes of course, and because they have nothing better to do with them).

IIRC it all started back in 2010 with the RB6/Alguersuari

Also in 2010, but with Buemi in Quebec

And the year before the first race at COTA when it was still under construction

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

lease be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.

2017 Torino

*hurls* For the love of god they better not sweep the front back like that, it looks terrible. Would love to have the Torino to come back but I think Ford wouldn't do it because of Mustang sales. :/

*hurls* For the love of god they better not sweep the front back like that, it looks terrible. Would love to have the Torino to come back but I think Ford wouldn't do it because of Mustang sales. :/

they could probably sell it in europe, since the mustang doesn't sell as well, but then again they're not really into muscle cars except a few. maybe here they could sell it as a premium muscle car, or would that defeat the point of a muscle car?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The front end needs a bit of work yeah. (Which i could do myself if needed) 

But the rest of it is just right (for me at least) 

they could probably sell it in europe, since the mustang doesn't sell as well, but then again they're not really into muscle cars except a few. maybe here they could sell it as a premium muscle car, or would that defeat the point of a muscle car?

The nordic countries are really into american cars. You'd be surprised

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

The nordic countries are really into american cars. You'd be surprised

well then they could sell the torino there. it could sell very well then if it could.

i threw up. http://merced.craigslist.org/cto/5391451463.html

bagged cars are good on some cars, this isn't one of them. i will never like a bagged civic.

well then they could sell the torino there. it could sell very well then if it could.

I'd buy two

One in black

And one like this

ford-gran-torino-parts.jpg

i threw up. http://merced.craigslist.org/cto/5391451463.html

bagged cars are good on some cars, this isn't one of them. i will never like a bagged civic.

Eurgh.. There are at least two similar civics over here :/

Also i don't like the way he's shouting at me

1999 HONDA HATCHBACK, 4 CYL, 5 SPEED, RUNS EXCELLENT! !!.

FULLY BAGGED ALL 4 CORNERS. .

NEW SMOG CLEAN TITLE, 3000, OBO, MAY TRADE ABSOLUTELY NO JUNK, MAYBE MOTORCYCLE. 

Eurgh.. There are at least two similar civics over here :/

Also i don't like the way he's shouting at me

i mean i applaud the guy for trying to make s2k taillights look factory on it, but nice try. it's still trash.

If you Google around it's selling pretty well to be honest, but I can't find hard numbers aside from rough orders.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-ford-mustang-v8-is-more-popular-among-mustang-buyers-in-europe-than-it-is-in-the-us-2015-8

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150920/retail01/309219986/fords-farley:-mustang-starts-strong-in-europe

Not sure if having a "premium" muscle car defeats the purpose, so long as it makes the power and noise it's a muscle car. Everything else is a bonus. I would honestly be very happy with a Torino return no matter what, it would sell well. My only concern would be that the Torino looked similar to a lot of the other muscle cars back then and a current one might look too similar to say the Camaro.

Imho the entire car needs a bit of tweaking in the body. That's just me though.

Yeah I remember saying that one of the tundra looked small and now we've got everyone talking about them and stunting with F1. We're all off our rocker this morning.

*shrug*

If you Google around it's selling pretty well to be honest, but I can't find hard numbers aside from rough orders.

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-ford-mustang-v8-is-more-popular-among-mustang-buyers-in-europe-than-it-is-in-the-us-2015-8

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150920/retail01/309219986/fords-farley:-mustang-starts-strong-in-europe

Not sure if having a "premium" muscle car defeats the purpose, so long as it makes the power and noise it's a muscle car. Everything else is a bonus. I would honestly be very happy with a Torino return no matter what, it would sell well. My only concern would be that the Torino looked similar to a lot of the other muscle cars back then and a current one might look too similar to say the Camaro.

*shrug*

huh apparently it's selling the best in sweden, home of the european american muscle car fans. not surprising.

i mean i applaud the guy for trying to make s2k taillights look factory on it, but nice try. it's still trash.

It looks dented above the rear lights though :/ 

+ Dat hot air intake. I will applaud nothing

As long as they leave the rear alone. I love that look  :wub:

BLGQOgH.jpg

Only time you need snow chains on a car

As long as they leave the rear alone. I love that look  :wub:

I'll give you this, I can accept the rear. But omg that front end needs to be hacked off and redone.

honestly idk why single dash head units are a thing. they're really inconvenient like the buttons are really to small to use unless you look closely at what button does which really is useless because it takes your eyes off the road. at least with a double din there are buttons or touch buttons big enough to use without having to stare at it.

I'll give you this, I can accept the rear. But omg that front end needs to be hacked off and redone.

It kind of looks like they tried to make it look like the 1970 model

138059_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

And i'd rather have this

honestly idk why single dash head units are a thing. they're really inconvenient like the buttons are really to small to use unless you look closely at what button does which really is useless because it takes your eyes off the road. at least with a double din there are buttons or touch buttons big enough to use without having to stare at it.

You get used to where the buttons are and can hit the right one without looking. (most of the time). I do it all the time. Just feel where the buttons are. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

It kind of looks like they tried to make it look like the 1970 model

-snips-

And i'd rather have this

Except they made the hood several inches too short. :( 70 Torino looks so damn good though. I would love to have one.

I can't stand double din dash head units. Single din looks much better and the buttons really aren't that hard to hit

Except they made the hood several inches too short. :( 70 Torino looks so damn good though. I would love to have one.

The 70 model is just right^^ 

Agreed. I need three buttons. Play/pause, skip, and back. Then the volume knob. Other than that it might as well not have them. The only other thing I might need is an EQ but I messed with that once and left it on Flat, and then turned the gain up on my amp for the sub.

Volume knob is a must.

Finding any stereo even double and single din that doesn't look tacky is not easy regardless though :/

2017.jpg

Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.Please be real!.

2017 Torino

.. Edit..

Turns out that it might not be a thing.. Should've known better than to trust facebook..

that front end is hideous. the whole car looks like a challenger that got the edges ground off.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5