Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I love Spotify premium, especially since it only costs me $5/mo. #StudentDiscount

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I love Spotify premium, especially since it only costs me $5/mo. #StudentDiscount

Why is this the first time that i'm hearing of this? That's amazing!

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

So I just found this. From the description it sounds like a pickup cut off a flatbed behind the driver with the dashcam, and cliped the flatbed off, and then wacked the trailer the dashcam owner was towing, and then the flatbed hit the pickup and sandwiched it between the two semi's. Then there was a fire, and this was the description explaining what all the screaming was about.

EDIT: the pickup was not a sandwich, it apperently got out of the way, this was the accident that happened, everyone lived somehow.

attachicon.gifsupprise.jpg

http://imgur.com/7rgfXIw

EDIT#2 Here's the other truck(not the flatbed that hit him apperently) getting de ass munched

Here's some more info on just how hard the rear-ender hit the trailer

6c9340328572e8061240cded464e1bfe.png

https://gyazo.com/6c9340328572e8061240cded464e1bfe

wow. did the driver die?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Why is this the first time that i'm hearing of this? That's amazing!

well, it's actually like $5.33/mo with taxes, but yeah. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

well, it's actually like $5.33/mo with taxes, but yeah. 

I just looked it up, it's 4,99€ for me. I have to verify through a third party website, but that's well worth it.

i gotta wait another 2 years to get it, provided it's still there in 2 years. fucking sucks it doesn't apply to high school students. :/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hell, with the S10 we couldn't hear wind noise without the radio. #NoMufflerLife

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

i gotta wait another 2 years to get it, provided it's still there in 2 years. fucking sucks it doesn't apply to high school students. :/

It's $10 IIRC without the discount. Worth it. I always have music playing.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

~snip~

Collision warning with emergency braking has become mandatory on all heavy vehicles for all countries within the EU (as of last year).

It's $10 IIRC without the discount. Worth it. I always have music playing.

according to my dad, he finds it "disturbing and unnecessary." well dad, music is the only thing keeping me alive. if i don't have music, i start moping, crying, and punching shit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Normal teenager it sounds like /s(kinda)

actually its true. 80 percent of the teenagers at my school basically run on music.

Only problem with that is when it doesn't work (not in the event of a crash, when its the 9/10 when its not needed, and renders the vehicle unusable.

~snip~

How is it that it doesn't work? It's a system that has only briefly been mandatory, and I for one welcome this AEBS system. And I can hardly see that this would render the vehicle undriveable. It would require more maintenance with keeping the sensor area clean and everything, sure. And the worst thing that could happen is other drivers cut in front of the vehicle.

For those drivers all I can say is; WHY THE F WOULD YOU DO THAT?

actually its true. 80 percent of the teenagers at my school basically run on music.

Better to be music than something else...

System: Thinkpad T460

Better to be music than something else...

and a small percentage run on drugs

That's something that I understand, but if the system is overly intrusive, and, for example, if the sensors being dirty with road grime, not letting you release the parking brake, or someone cutting you off too close, not contacting your vehicle, and then moving to the lane one more over, the system triggering the emergency braking, and as a result, the car following a tad too close behind you slams into your ass. Had the system not been present in this hypothetical case, no accident would have happened. And I'm sure this won't ever happen, but should it, the driver of the vehicle with the emergency braking would be at fault, because essentially the computer brake checked the person following too close to his rear end. More electrical crap preventing the driver from driving. You can keep it.

How about this then. We increase the requirements for getting a drivers license. Fewer crap drivers for everyone!

I can't stand people cutting in front of others, driving too close, etc. Especially when they do it to larger vehicles with big-ass blindspots.

I'm all for the stricter requirements, like a more intensive actual driving portion of the test, and with those larger vehicles, most of the people driving them know if they're going to fit or not.

Of all the people taking the license test (normal car test), only about 50% pass. For both the theoretical part, as well as the practical driving.

And these numbers are accessible for anyone to read.

How about this then. We increase the requirements for getting a drivers license. Fewer crap drivers for everyone!

I can't stand people cutting in front of others, driving too close, etc. Especially when they do it to larger vehicles with big-ass blindspots.

you know what i cant stand. when there is a bigger vehicle that sort of blocks my view in front of me and then all of sudden they dart to the other lane revealing a completely stopped car in my lane that I didn't know was there and I have to emergency brake or switch lanes... choice to be made there either risk other person rear ending me or me getting out of the way and them slamming into the other car. Luckily neither has happened.. yet

This happens too often around here and it drives me mad.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

you know what i cant stand. when there is a bigger vehicle that sort of blocks my view in front of me and then all of sudden they dart to the other lane revealing a completely stopped car in my lane that I didn't know was there and I have to emergency brake.

I use my warning blinkers so that drivers behind me pay more attention to the road ahead.

you know what i cant stand. when there is a bigger vehicle that sort of blocks my view in front of me and then all of sudden they dart to the other lane revealing a completely stopped car in my lane that I didn't know was there and I have to emergency brake or switch lanes... choice to be made there either risk other person rear ending me or me getting out of the way and them slamming into the other car. Luckily neither has happened.. yet

I'm not familiar with driving tests in the US. What do you have to do in order to get your license?

This^^

Although mine don't work when applying the brakes.

ಠ_ಠ

Some 'Murrican cars share their brake lights with the turn signal. Where as I'm pretty sure that no cars in Europe does this.

Edit: And if people are tailgating me, instead of giving them a brake check or something. I just flash my rear fog light at them for a little bit...

Some 'Murrican cars share their brake lights with the turn signal. Where as I'm pretty sure that no cars in Europe does this.

Edit: And if people are tailgating me, instead of giving them a brake check or something. I just flash my rear fog light at them for a little bit...

That sounds odd. Is there a reason for it, or is it just one of those silly regulations that made sense at some point in history, but are only in place today because nobody could be bothered to change them?

I do the foglight thing too, but its illegal , I like to live dangerously :D

That sounds odd. Is there a reason for it, or is it just one of those silly regulations that made sense at some point in history, but are only in place today because nobody could be bothered to change them?

I do the foglight thing too, but its illegal , I like to live dangerously :D

I think the sharing brake/turn light is just something manufacturers use to lower production costs.

And as for flashing the foglight being illegal. Tailgating is also illegal, and much, much worse to do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not familiar with driving tests in the US. What do you have to do in order to get your license?

here I had to pass a 30 hour course about road signs (not even kidding that seems to be the only thing we talked about... signs and worksheets about road signs.. tons and tons of them. It was terribly boring considering I already knew it all  except for the strange ones that you never see xD) oh and also not drinking/driving and all the other major stuff with the good ol' gory films they use to scare you.

Then you practice in the car, I think it's like 2 hours every day for 4 days or so. That was the only time I learned something, mostly just getting familiar with a car. It was super easy to be honest considering all we did was stick to backroads and the freeway. My instructor was an old man who actually became the town police chief the next year lol. He told me I was amazing and that some students dont even make it out of the parking lot and are all over the road. Which I cannot comprehend.

Then I passed a test at the office of motor vehicles and got my permit to drive with a licensed parent or sibling over 21 I believe. My dad made me drive him everywhere over 6 months. I got way more experience than the average person (he had to make 100 mile trips to baton rouge weekly at the time, I still do that for him now sometime myself haha). I promise you I had at least 150 hours of seat time mix of day and night before I got my license lol. 

then when I was 16 I passed a driving test at the office of motor vehicles. We literally made a circle around a block in the little town, in the middle of the day with barely any traffic. He deducted points from me stopping a little bit too far past a stop sign (inherited trait from my parents LOL) but he waived it as it wasn't much (not happy they do this) and I scored a 100% and got my official driver's license that had a curfew at 11:00 I believe. When I turned 17, I no longer had a curfew. Got my car a month or so after getting my license. Man I still remember how weird it felt to drive all by myself haha. Now I do it every day no problem :P

So yeah... not too difficult. Way too easy unless your that person who cant make it out of a parking lot. It needs to be harder here,  way too many meatheads on our roads.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

rear fog light? Huh. Never heard of that.

Spoiler