Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

eBay?

Not intending to look for a used transmission. I checked Ebay all of them were from wrecked trucks.

Not intending to look for a used transmission. I checked Ebay all of them were from wrecked trucks.

well maybe check rockauto maybe?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well maybe check rockauto maybe?

I did, they don't even have it listed.

The reason why I don't want one from a wrecked truck is because it's a known thing for them to die from overheating because some people don't exactly know what a towing rating is.. Knowing my luck I'd get the lemon of the bunch,

I did, they don't even have it listed.

The reason why I don't want one from a wrecked truck is because it's a known thing for them to die from overheating because some people don't exactly know what a towing rating is.. Knowing my luck I'd get the lemon of the bunch,

well, first off, why do you need it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

well, first off, why do you need it.

Because I'll be needing one.

Finally managed to scour one down on the Ford parts catalog.

Verdict: Stupidly expensive. But! I have a part number, so I can work with that.

Finally managed to scour one down on the Ford parts catalog.

Verdict: Stupidly expensive. But! I have a part number, so I can work with that.

As long as you have the part number, it shouldn't be hard to find a cheap one.

As long as you have the part number, it shouldn't be hard to find a cheap one.

So far I've only found them directly from Ford, not a 3rd party seller. :(

So far I've only found them directly from Ford, not a 3rd party seller. :(

and how much are they?

$5,200. Dx

Holy shit. I can buy a car for that much, or even 2 good PCs for that money.

Not enough car talk on this page.

Apperently the Koreans are doing a better job of making cars than the Japanese...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-06-17/korean-carmakers-lead-japan-fades-in-j-d-power-quality-study

They are doing excellent with initial quality. This means that they have fewer defects out of the box. J.D. Power's Initial quality statistics are based on the number of complaints for 90 day old cars.

There is a different study called vehicle dependability study (VDS), which is over the longer term. It is supposed to measure failure rate through the ownership period. Lexus, Toyota and Buick do very well in this metric.

Guys and gals. Be safe out there.

mOgOXFa.gif

Holy shit. I can buy a car for that much, or even 2 good PCs for that money.

Yeah, I could buy a T56 and bellhousing for less, but I don't want a manual in this specific vehicle.

Or you know.. don't be a dumbass..

The driver survived. Amazingly enough.

The driver survived. Amazingly enough.

That's a surprise to me.

That's a surprise to me.

Surprising things happens. This was the car after the crash. (What car?)

media_xll_6995566.jpg

Surprising things happens. This was the car after the crash. (What car?)

Jesus how did they survive..?

I'm glad they made it through that.

Or you know.. don't be a dumbass..

Yep. That's why you don't overtake on the right shoulder.

System: Thinkpad T460

Yep. That's why you don't overtake on the right shoulder.

There's also the thing of looking and not flying across several lanes of traffic because you're impatient or don't go in the lane you should be in farther down the road.

I hate the new Miata. So much. They're trying to make it aggressive, they're taking out the feminine part of the Miata. That's what made it great. It was something your average bro wouldn't want to drive.

Now it looks like something the average bro wants. No thanks.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I hate the new Miata. So much. They're trying to make it aggressive, they're taking out the feminine part of the Miata. That's what made it great. It was something your average bro wouldn't want to drive.

Now it looks like something the average bro wants. No thanks.

There are always people that don't like car designs. I think the design is good and shows the genetics of the old Miata's.

System: Thinkpad T460