Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

FN2 was a mess. Nowhere near as nimble as the EP3, weighed more, and looked dreadful. 

EP3 was the last good type-R IMHO if the K20A didn't burn oil like a mcdonalds deep fryer. 

Even Jeremy Clarkson didn't like the FN2 while reviewing it on TG. It did a lot worse than the EP3 head to head.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

The 1.2 does have peak torque lower down in the range so maybe that's it

Also couldn't get less than 5.6 l / 100km while driving out of town at 80-90 km/h in a very non-aggressive manner, with 3 people inside. Car was freshly serviced. Seems like far too much for a modern car.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

Going to have to agree on that one.

The sidewall is stretched a bit. Personally i spent months trying to find a good tire,rim size combination.

374f56900a.png

It's not outside the rim width range, are we talking looks? We also have to take into account fender clearance. Maybe a 285 rubs? Maybe the 275 gave them the handling characteristics they wanted? Maybe compound they wanted wasn't there with wider tires? Bit of all?

Stretched isn't necessarily bad, either, unless we're talking looks. Miatas run 205s (spec'd up to 7.5") on 8" wheels all the time. This is for selection, clearance, and handling characteristics.

---snip---

It's not outside the rim width range, are we talking looks? We also have to take into account fender clearance. Maybe a 285 rubs? Maybe the 275 gave them the handling characteristics they wanted? Maybe compound they wanted wasn't there with wider tires? Bit of all?

Stretched isn't necessarily bad, either, unless we're talking looks. Miatas run 205s (spec'd up to 7.5") on 8" wheels all the time. This is for selection, clearance, and handling characteristics.

Just looks. Singer knows what they are doing. But some of us like a bit of sidewall^^ 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Also couldn't get less than 5.6 l / 100km while driving out of town at 80-90 km/h in a very non-aggressive manner, with 3 people inside. Car was freshly serviced. Seems like far too much for a modern car.

in the Corsa? 1.4? Opel claims 4.8 L/100Km for highway driving so 5,6 seems OK.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Going to look at a couple of cars next weekend. If this is still for sale by then i might just be driving something kind of fun until i can get something better

M9fbcej.jpg

Not going to tell you exactly what it is. And it's probably not what you are thinking :P

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Going to look at a couple of cars next weekend. If this is still for sale by then i might just be driving something kind of fun until i can get something better

M9fbcej.jpg

Not going to tell you exactly what it is. And it's probably not what you are thinking :P

It's a Lancer of some sort.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

in the Corsa? 1.4? Opel claims 4.8 L/100Km for highway driving so 5,6 seems OK.

A significantly higher value is not what I would call ok O.o

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

sikHS7v.jpg

Current car and dream car in one picture (from google)

Currently drive a 1995 BMW E34 525i

But I'm on the lookout for a good E60 :)

A significantly higher value is not what I would call ok O.o

They always say a lot less than it is in real world

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

http://youtu.be/yzPR_UEikxQ?t=4m35s

My favourite electric car. When the batteries burnout Merc will know why...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It's a Lancer of some sort.

Yup 4G63 powered too.

Should stay in one piece for the next 3-4 years without too much trouble

Other cars i might check out include

X0rt16G.jpg

Less fun. But more cash for other things

Or this

QHpZ4fq.jpg

Unfortunately the rims, Colour and the ad saying it's got a busted rear wing hint at this being a specific corrado that was owned by an arsehole in this very town.

But if it's been owned by other people in between it might've been sorted out properly

- requested snip -

Corrado G60? Be aware that the supercharger that comes with it tends to break/malfunction :)

- requested snip -

I don't think you would make it that easy, but that's a Lancer Evo(lution) VII :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Corrado G60? Be aware that the supercharger that comes with it tends to break/malfunction :)

I don't think you would make it that easy, but that's a Lancer Evo(lution) VII :P

It's a VR6^^ So no supercharger

And the mitsu is a 2.0 sport  :P

Snip the pics though. 

Tempted to get the corrado just because of the engine.

ERFlymu.jpg

It's a VR6^^ So no supercharger

And the mitsu is a 2.0 sport  :P

Bummer! :Lol:

Bummer! :lol:

Looking for a reliable daily right now^^ 

Project cars will have to wait for a while

The car guy in me is doing this right now

069QIH6.jpg

Why not name the project car your daily driver? :P

The car guy in me is doing this right now

069QIH6.jpg

:lol: I feel yah bruh

Yes please.

Yes please.

Because my projects are slightly more.. Time consuming..

Here is my previous one that i had to get rid of because of a family feud..

2013-10-21184456_zps65c96b2e.jpg

Damaged by the arsehole that might've owned the corrado when they kicked me out of the garage btw..

Because my projects are slightly more.. Time consuming..

Here is my previous one that i had to get rid of because of a family feud..

Projects are to often discarded because of family feuds :(

Projects are to often discarded because of family feuds :(

Yup. Would've been a rolling chassi with an engine in it by now if it wasn't for that.

(And that many of the parts got stolen.)