24 Year Old woman Dies After Tweeting That She Worked 30 Hours Straight

GoodBytes

And i think my 15 hour days are long

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

I'm never drinking energy drinks.

You can drink them, just not for the energy boost

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

So she dies after 30 hours being awake?. i dont think 30 hours is so much thought.

Sometimes i have been up for like 25-26 hours. okay yes my brain almost passt out

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

So she dies after 30 hours being awake?. i dont think 30 hours is so much thought.

Sometimes i have been up for like 25-26 hours. okay yes my brain almost passt out

Now please work 30 hours with little sleep over the next 6 weeks.

\

Now please work 30 hours with little sleep over the next 6 weeks.

Yes sir!, If i dont come back in a fue days then i am dead.

I only worked like 15 hours straight, thats what i  done (yet) is was just a fue weeks ago

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Yes sir!, If i dont come back in a fue days then i am dead.

I only worked like 15 hours straight, thats what i  done (yet) is was just a fue weeks ago

I know the feel. Work started at 6:30am and ended at 2am then start again at 6:30. Repeat for 1 week...

\

I don't want to "like" the post... but I show her my gratitude... f***ing too much work here too.. I did 3 all-nighters with <30min of sleep each day but this is nothing compared to working 30 hour STRAIGHT...

At least she died doing something productive..unlike that one idiot who died in an internet cafe playing vidya for too many hours.

Work to life don't work to life! 

*Work to live don't live to work!

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

This is why I love my job ("working" at a cafe - just chilling out half the time) 

man, I sound like a first world ass. 

The energy drinks are the most likely reason for her death, constantly chugging them is definitely not good for you. I won't deny that energy drinks are nice/useful (jagerbombs <3) but I don't think it's a smart idea to drink a shit ton of them. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Best days of your life, you might not realize it now but trust me.... thats easy!

If they're the best days of his life he's going to have a pretty shitty life ahead of him.

I've never understood why people say this, maybe it's just my personal experience having a shitty time at school.

I managed stay alive during several 100+ hour weeks in a row fueled by Red Bull and Spike.

Seems like someone just sat in a chair downing a liquid made to make you move.

*Work to live don't live to work!

lol woopts!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I would say the energy drinks are a major contribution to this.

I agree with that con conclusion, I bet she has been drinking alot of redbull even before this 30hrs. i doubt 30hrs awake can kill you, but if you have been getting very little sleep previous days and drinking redbull to keep you awake, the odds are not in your favor

Energy can not be created nor destroyed, just converted to a different Type of energy.
My blog: T3Krant.blogspot.com

it's probably the Thai redbull that killed her. That thing is like a supercharged redbull with tons of caffeine in it. Sad story :(

1) No one should have to work for 30 hours straight - She should have demanded regular breaks or even a revised shift schedule

I don't think you're familiar with the work ethic in South-East Asia.

You do what they say or you go bye bye and someone else takes your job and is willing to do same/more hours.

I don't think you're familiar with the work ethic in South-East Asia.

You do what they say or you go bye bye and someone else takes your job and is willing to do same/more hours.

exactly! over there u either take crap work or someone else fills in the slot and you're left penniless and starve yourself until you find a job that "you like"

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

exactly! over there u either take crap work or someone else fills in the slot and you're left penniless and starve yourself until you find a job that "you like"

Yup! It's really diff. here, not just in South East Asia in fact, I think the whole Asian continent does that. Especially in Japan.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Best days of your life, you might not realize it now but trust me.... thats easy!

That depends on your Job.

RTX2070OC 

I once pulled a triple all-nighter (constant work, only breaks for food or toilet). When I finally went to bed, I had to get up two hours later and I wasn't able to stand up straight or walking without leaning on the wall. That was not cool. This was during a time I frequently had weeks where I didn't sleep for more than 3-4 times during the entire week. It's called Formula Student. I would not recommend doing a triple all-nighter, that stuff was bad, but just regular all-nighters proved very productive!

I laugh at everyone stupid enough to tell me "sleep is for the weak."

Lack of sleep can kill you faster than dehydration and lack of food.

Lack of food yes, dehydration? No. You can live for more than 3 days sleep deprived. The 3 days is lowered if you are in a hot climate too.

@KaareKanin I pull all nighters all the time for school work, hell on a normal school night I only get 5 or so hours of sleep ;). That's healthy for a 16 year old, right? :P

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Lack of food yes, dehydration? No. You can live for more than 3 days sleep deprived. The 3 days is lowered if you are in a hot climate too.

1. Exceptions to every rule.

2. It wont kill you directly. The average human becomes severely inhibited after 1-2 days without sleep -> more likely to make stupid decisions -> increased chance of getting yourself killed. This is the general rule. The psychological effects are far more dangerous than the psychical effects.

3. Dehydration can directly kill you in about a week. You can go without food for longer, as long as you stayed hydrated.

4. You can Google and find world record holders for longest time without sleep, but all of them are exceptions to the rule. You just happen to be one of those exceptions.

5. Exceptions don't falsify the general rule.

Already addressed it.

Dehydration varies from 2 hours to 2 weeks. A week would be pretty average.

The psychological effects of sleep deprivation can potentially kill you sooner than that.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

@Slick is gonna die!  :o

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60