24 Year Old woman Dies After Tweeting That She Worked 30 Hours Straight

GoodBytes

I drink the odd one but I would probably average maybe 2 or 3 per month. I don't see a problem with that. Drinking a couple a day consistently, you're probably f**ked. If feel bad for the people who are sponsored by any of these drinks (especially gamers as they tend to be sitting around a lot). They have to be seen drinking them and get sent crates of the stuff. They're probably f**ked too.

I know right I feel sorry for the sponsered ones. Me probably 1-2 every year tbh. With the exception of the past week obviously. I think I drak like 5 cans already haha. I should probably stop.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Lack of sleep can kill you faster than dehydration and lack of food.

I'm sorry, but that is definitely not true. While lack of sleep can mess with your head and make you drowsy and what not, it will not kill you faster than being dehydrated or not eating. Insomnia (well, probably something more severe like FFI) would start to become dangerous at around 2-3 months, but before then it's just bad for you. It won't kill you, but no water or food would definitely do at that stage. 

I suffer from a severe, periodical insomnia that can render me sleepless for up to a week or more (the longest period was just short of 9 days), it has never killed me, not even close, it just makes you very, very tired—And you'll start to hallucinate after a number of days. 

That being said, sleep is good for you and your brain will love you for taking care of it, but people really overestimate the dangers of not sleeping for a few days.

Cheers,

Linus

I'm sorry, but that is definitely not true. While lack of sleep can mess with your head and make you drowsy and what not, it will not kill you faster than being dehydrated or not eating. Insomnia (well, probably something more severe like FFI) would start to become dangerous at around 2-3 months, but before then it's just bad for you. It won't kill you, but no water or food would definitely do at that stage.

I suffer from a severe, periodical insomnia that can render me sleepless for up to a week or more (the longest period was just short of 9 days), it has never killed me, not even close, it just makes you very, very tired—And you'll start to hallucinate after a number of days.

That being said, sleep is good for you and your brain will love you for taking care of it, but people really overestimate the dangers of not sleeping for a few days.

1. Exceptions to every rule.

2. It wont kill you directly. The average human becomes severely inhibited after 1-2 days without sleep -> more likely to make stupid decisions -> increased chance of getting yourself killed. This is the general rule. The psychological effects are far more dangerous than the psychical effects.

3. Dehydration can directly kill you in about a week. You can go without food for longer, as long as you stayed hydrated.

4. You can Google and find world record holders for longest time without sleep, but all of them are exceptions to the rule. You just happen to be one of those exceptions.

5. Exceptions don't falsify the general rule.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Well if she actually worked and didn't tweet all the time maybe she'd of finished under the 30 hours...

If you can tweet what you're doing you are not really working.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I have a life philosophy which says sometimes you have to use your brain and actually think for yourself.

hmm i wonder who is getting blamed for the death the redbull or the company she worked for i hope her relatives get a nice payout they deserve it.

I laugh at everyone stupid enough to tell me "sleep is for the weak."

Lack of sleep can kill you faster than dehydration and lack of food.

I jokingly quote that phrase all the time to be sarcastic when talking to my friends who willingly try to function on 4hrs of sleep or less. I need at least 5 hours myself or I'm useless after being up for 4 hours

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

She probably would have lived if she did Meth rather than that many energy drinks. I'm not encouraging drug use but Energy drinks are really bad for you so is meth.

Sad story, but she's a dumbass for working 30 hours straight. just saying.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

30 hour shift? Multiple energy teas?

Yeah, sorry but you wouldn't be able to stay awake for 30 hours straight, working non-stop. The energy teas is what did it, if she didn't drink those, she would have passed out from exhaustion.

I bet the overdose of energy made her body collapse in on itself(not literally), which is what cause the coma, then as TechFan@ic said, blood clots could have occurred and been a factor in it as well.

Just in the wrong place doing wrong things at the wrong time.

While true. They are people in factories that die of over working.

So now the thread goes into all possible deaths? Come on man take to to off topic at this point. There is no tech and its going to personal views not news.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I suspect DVT, remaining stationary (sitting, bed-ridden) for a long period of time can cause blood clots to form in the lower extremities, once the person stands up or walks the blood clot becomes mobile and can travel to the lungs, blocking circulation leading to low oxygen delivery to the brain which in turn leads to coma and death.

If your job requires you to sit for prolonged periods of time it's highly recommended that you stand up from your chair and walk for a few minutes every couple of hours.

Someone suffering from DVT may have similiar signs and symptoms to a heart attack.(Chest pain, Shortness of breath, etc.) There are differences in the signs and symptoms, but most people don't know the difference and sometimes there are no symptoms. A DVT happens when a clot breaks free from an area where the blood hasn't been circulating well enough, usually the legs, and travels up to the heart and into the lungs where it blocks blood flow and proper oxygenation of the blood.

I would guess that she didnt suffer from a DVT, but instead a hemorrhagic stroke that killed her over a period of time.

The longer she stayed up the higher her blood pressure went and when she got tired she drank an energy drinks filled with a bunch of crap that caused her bp to go even higher. She had probably done this many time before with no issues, but this time either her bp went just a bit higher than usual or maybe an existing aneurysm finally had enough and burst causing a hemorrhagic stroke. If it was a small leak it would have started filling that area of the brain with blood which would have caused signs of increased intracranial pressure. Unfortunately for her those signs are also very similiar to being very tired. (Some blurry vision, headache, tiredness, very sleepy, slurred speech, inability to stay focused, and maybe a little nausea) Once she went to sleep it was only a matter of time before enough blood filled the cavity to cut off blood circulation to critical parts of the brain which would have led to her going into a coma and death.

This is really a double-sided case.

1) No one should have to work for 30 hours straight - She should have demanded regular breaks or even a revised shift schedule

2) She didn't do herself any favors by drinking multiple redbulls.

I'm not medical expert, but I would slant towards saying she probably was affected by a caffeine overdose paired? I don't think that is enough to kill someone, but it sure didn't help.

welcome to Indonesia where law is... what is law in indonesia anyway? you can bribe your way into anything, police don't do a thing and people are so up their own back

side by being pretentious moral heroes and savior to realize they've got their head up their backside :(

Just so you guys know, our asian version of Red Bull is totally different than the western's one. It is non carbonated, only 250ml per can and is bloody sweet like hell. 1 can alone can keep you 'awake' for the whole night. Sometimes there are also version with Longjack which is even more 'potent'. When I was in architecture school, I used to stay awake for almost 70hours non stop (last minute work ;)) and that Red Bull was a saviour.

it's a monster, nothing is as sweet - though i like the taste, but whoooo those things kicks

She probably would have lived if she did Meth rather than that many energy drinks. I'm not encouraging drug use but Energy drinks are really bad for you so is meth.

Sad story, but she's a dumbass for working 30 hours straight. just saying.

I'm willing to bet she doesn't have a choice, most ppl in indonesia doesn't even get to choose, most ppl had to work horrible, tedious jobs.

most jobs in Indonesia is jobs that the rest of the world already passed off as obsolete, inefficient or tech takes over and just horrible work condition, I'll give an example:

in jakarta most "well to do" ppl (mid to upper class) have maids in their house, they are paid on general around $150/mo that is if the people they're working for is nice.

a lot of places employ multiple maids for a household, a driver, a gardener as well, they are all expected to work daily - maids work AND sleep in house (generally though this practice is shifting).

it's bad there and I dread the fact I have to go there soon...

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Sorry for sounding like a a**hat, but the irony of tweeting that you're "Still going strooong" and then dying shortly after is kinda funny.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Work to live, not live to work. People who stay late at their jobs all the time and work outrageous amount of hours are not impressive.

That said, it's unfortunate she died from this.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I am sorry that she died but wtf your work is never more important then your life, this is pure lunacy imo.

Sadly for some people it is since you get paid very little in poorer countries. :( 

\