Which one of these desktops should i pick?

Hello, i am helping my friend get his first gaming desktop, nothing huge. I have found two PCs on two different websites, i am just debating which one i should pick! I have done some googling and I'm still not sure.

Shipping time, quality and performance are what I'm mostly debating. I live in Norway, so shipping costs and tax will be high, but i will probably be using some kind of service like http://reship.com. So, here are the PCs.

https://www.newegg.com/global/no/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102387

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077RX4RKD/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Now some people are saying "Intel obviously!" and others are saying "Ryzen 4EVER"! And if anyone else knows any other cheap prebuilt gaming pc on Amazon or any other trusted place, please suggest it. Budget is around 400-650 dollars.

Thanks

I would take the Intel I think, it's also +-70 dollars cheaper :) 

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

I'd pick the one with Ryzen 5 1400 because it's slightly more powerful as far as I know.

But you could also pick the cheaper Intel desktop pc and overclock it if you need to :-D

1 minute ago, partymarty said:

I would take the Intel I think, it's also +-70 dollars cheaper :) 

Just now, Hip said:

I'd pick the one with Ryzen 5 1400 because it's slightly more powerful as far as I know.

Well.... Hoping for more answers on this. Looks like its pretty tight

2 minutes ago, Hip said:

But you could also pick the cheaper Intel desktop pc and overclock it if you need to :-D

The i5-7400 can't be overclocked. 

The Ryzen is a 4 core - 8 thread chip. The Intel is 4 core - 4 thread.

So I think my first idea is wrong, if the 70 dollars more isn't a problem, the Ryzen will outperform the Intel (I think)

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

General rule of thumb nowadays I think is Intel for gaming-exclusive, Ryzen if you intend to do anything that might take advantage of more than a few cores or you want to do a bunch of things at once.  You can also overclock the Ryzen while I think the Intel chip is locked.

Your mileage may vary.

Might be able to get an HP PC easier in Norway with one of these options (I can't read Norwegian, I'm piecing stuff together from URL directory names):

http://www8.hp.com/no/no/contact-hp/how-to-buy.html

Why do you buy from the USA?

Isnt there ANY Pc builders in norway?

Also if you want to buy from amazon use amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.

If you buy from the usa the tax will be around a 100 dollars plus the same for shipping.

Just now, Almostbauws said:

Why do you buy from the USA?

Isnt there ANY Pc builders in norway?

Also if you want to buy from amazon use amazon.de or amazon.co.uk.

If you buy from the usa the tax will be around a 100 dollars plus the same for shipping.

Good point

If you're going to order from another country, why not order from another EU country like Germany or UK? Lower shipping costs, less waiting time, less chance of shipping damage, easier to RMA plus you may even get away with paying less tax (although prices here are generally higher over here so...). 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

On 2/24/2018 at 12:26 PM, noahmarcelh said:

Good point

Havent you looked at the shipping cost. Amazon.com gives me a shipping and import fees of about 300 dollars for your amazon pc, so dont buy from usa, it is even worse than i thought.

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

If you're going to order from another country, why not order from another EU country like Germany or UK? Lower shipping costs, less waiting time, less chance of shipping damage, easier to RMA plus you may even get away with paying less tax (although prices here are generally higher over here so...). 

Norway isn't in the European Union :) 

HP definitely. Its cheaper and the specs are much better. The base CPU clock is slower but with a quick overclock the spec says it can reach much faster speeds. With intel, the overclock simply takes one or two clicks in the bios.

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

2 minutes ago, Eliptic said:

HP definitely. Its cheaper and the specs are much better. The base CPU clock is slower but with a quick overclock the spec says it can reach much faster speeds. With intel, the overclock simply takes one or two clicks in the bios.

The HP has got an I5-7400... It's not a K SKU, so no overclocking there.

With intel, the overclock simply takes one or two clicks in the bios.

52 minutes ago, partymarty said:

The i5-7400 can't be overclocked. 

wHo dO i BeLiEvE?

You can overclock it via the intel boost technology. Read the desc again lol

PC SPECS: i7 - 3820, 32GB GSkill DDR3 RAM, 2TB Seagate Hybrid Drive, Intel 240GB SSD, Corsair Spec Omega Case, Strix GTX 1060 6GB, Corsair H150i Pro RGB, Corsair CX850M PSU

1 minute ago, noahmarcelh said:

wHo dO i BeLiEvE?

xD

The I5 got turbo technology indeed. So it will boost to 3.5 ghz, a motherboard with core enhancement will be able to make all 4 cores run at 3.5 ghz. 

But there is no overclocking. No unlocked multiplier.

7 minutes ago, partymarty said:

Norway isn't in the European Union :) 

part of the one market tho...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

part of the one market tho...

Shipping from the Netherlands to Norway also costs like 55 euro (65 dollar). But it's always better than paying like 200-300 dollars when shipping it from the USA

1 minute ago, partymarty said:

The I5 got turbo technology indeed. So it will boost to 3.5 ghz, a motherboard with core enhancement will be able to make all 4 cores run at 3.5 ghz. 

But there is no overclocking. No unlocked multiplier.

Agreed. But the cheap HP motherboard doesnt have core enhancement.

Just now, Almostbauws said:

Agreed. But the cheap HP motherboard doesnt have core enhancement.

Indeed. I really don't get Eliptic his statement that the I5-7400 can be overclocked... You can probably do some small FSB tinkering, but overclocking won't be possible

6 minutes ago, Eliptic said:

You read the description again. The 7400 is a locked cpu. 

14 minutes ago, partymarty said:

Indeed. I really don't get Eliptic his statement that the I5-7400 can be overclocked... You can probably do some small FSB tinkering, but overclocking won't be possible

I think that @Eliptic mistook the max 1 core boost clock as something that it is not. The 3.5GHz is the boost clock of a single core, not all 4. Also it is a "boost clock" meaning it will not run at the clock at all times.   My 1700 boost clock is 3.7Ghz, that doesnt mean that it runs at it at all 8 cores all the time.