Monobench (MonoChromatico v3.0)

So this is not a continuous build log but rather most of my build crammed in one, as I've been too busy to be posting all steps individually or even taking pictures of all of it. But I'd like to share my build and the process nevertheless. 

As with my previous builds I have reused most of the components and only added a new case (the primochill praxis wet bench) and a few bits and bobs needed to make it into a dual loop system.

Originally I had my eyes on the Open bench table but I wanted the base tray to be angled to better show of the hardware which the Open Bench Table wouldn't do unless I did some significant mods to it (most likely out of my skill level anyways) and bought a SFF PSU. Instead I've used the PrimoChill Praxis Wet Bench and ghetto modded and additional 360 rad to the front of it. If anyone from praxis is watching... there is plenty of room for you guys to perhaps add it to the middle tray. But instead of boring you lets get on with the pictures.

First things first... draining the old system

gkswKYi.jpg

Building the new case

zOc0WpX.jpg

I did a lot of test fitting an measuring.. tedious task but important ones.

tkneWRL.jpg

Another "mod" I did to the case was bolting a 2.5 HDD cage from a Corsair Air 240 next to the PSU. Saved me the trouble of getting more custom sleeved cables and makes access to the drivers a lot easier. After the front rad has been mounted access to anything on the bottom and was not easy.

10kcoiD.jpg?1

OzFPlgd.jpg

Also found a spot for my Aquareo 5 LT fan controller. Turns out the somebody tailor made the distance between the cutouts above where the PSU will sit perfect. Couple of washers and MB screws and voila!

TrC5zTD.jpg?1

Front rad Ghetto Mounted:

50aHxlJ.jpg

CkAGsPR.jpg?1

It is by no means pretty - but it is on solid and doesn't botch :)

More pics of fitting the pump/res unti and pass throughs

RTE7iSa.jpg

FScHwLD.jpg

3maY87D.jpg

QQ8ORwC.jpg

agchBtR.jpg

PEETHL0.jpg

zU5Ghny.jpg

aQAlASg.jpg

nKCdq9K.jpg

jFcWP3v.jpg

wXLpS4o.jpg

2J1odGZ.jpg

xldZaC3.jpg

Repainted a rad black again after I painted it white for a previous build

EeaPdq3.jpg

kw9j3kD.jpg

Redid my radbox as I had extra fittings available this time :)

Before

YJiIpvG.jpg

After

RHlU9wb.jpg

Flushing the ZMT tubing from EK.. Forgot that the very first time I used it... required me to take everything apart to clean all blocks and tubes... won't forget that again... (It is even clearly written on the front of the box it comes in... erhm @EK Luc Can you guys put stickers on the tubing itself with that info in the future so us numb nuts also get it? ;) )

ew0mZl3.jpg

Ready for final assembly

RYDfC4I.jpg

Bleeding

yxn9Fi5.jpg

Final shots

7gECBHk.jpg

JL2Uw5u.jpg

kkk457n.jpg

cT6KcXy.jpg

6mta9gA.jpg

Ended up being by far the most extensive modding I've been doing to a case.. well if I can call drilling holes modding...

Hope you guys enjoyed it.. I know I did :)

Nice!

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

7 hours ago, HeroXLazer said:

I remember the first one, I remember I PMd you about it. :)

Argh HeroXLazer....  I'm very sorry... I just went through my inbox. I never replied back to you on your latest reminder. I hope it worked out for you anyways. Again I'm very sorry. 

7 hours ago, NoobCase said:

Argh HeroXLazer....  I'm very sorry... I just went through my inbox. I never replied back to you on your latest reminder. I hope it worked out for you anyways. Again I'm very sorry. 

It's okay, I still haven't decided on anything... I'll probably go for a custom M-ITX RYZEN 4K machine. :) I love how this and your older projects have turned out.

4 hours ago, HeroXLazer said:

It's okay, I still haven't decided on anything... I'll probably go for a custom M-ITX RYZEN 4K machine. :) I love how this and your older projects have turned out.

Cheers mate!  Hope ryzen is all it is said to be. It has to be good though for me to job of the Intel band wagon :)  but good reviews should be able to change my mind. 

• 5 months later...

How would be temps with either 360mm rad, or 360mm rad + 240mm rad? Any things you would recommend having before doing this build? How much tubing should I purchase (for hardline parts only)

1 hour ago, Poozle01 said:

How would be temps with either 360mm rad, or 360mm rad + 240mm rad? Any things you would recommend having before doing this build? How much tubing should I purchase (for hardline parts only)

Depends on your components. More rad space allows for slower spinning fans.

If you plan to bend your tubes buy double the amount you need to allow for errors

I am going to be using the same fittings actually and brass/metal tubing as I have all the fittings for both( except bulkhead and wetbench) I have the Enthoo evolv TG and its airflow is absolute trash. I have vardar 3000 RPM fans and do not mind a little bit of noise. 

3 hours ago, Poozle01 said:

I am going to be using the same fittings actually and brass/metal tubing as I have all the fittings for both( except bulkhead and wetbench) I have the Enthoo evolv TG and its airflow is absolute trash. I have vardar 3000 RPM fans and do not mind a little bit of noise. 

Dont they go Down to like 500ish rpms?

if you Don't mind noise a 360 should be enough. But an extra 240 wouldn't hurt. What's the hardware your cooling? The reason I have 1200 mm worth of rads is to run fans as low as possible and the fact that I had the parts on hand. Didn't buy much extra besides the extra pump.

980 ti, i7 7700k 5 ghz dellided, and a block over the dominator ram for appeal.

2 hours ago, Poozle01 said:

980 ti, i7 7700k 5 ghz dellided, and a block over the dominator ram for appeal.

A 360 Will be enough but will not run particularly quite nor cool. 480 and upwards would be preferred. But since you don't mind a bit of noise you'd be fine with 360.

Those temps seem kinda high to me... is there any chance you could try fans a little bit faster or something? I run mine around 1500-1800RPM. If I upgrade to this case I would be hoping for better temps than my Enthoo

On 7/17/2017 at 4:30 AM, Poozle01 said:

Those temps seem kinda high to me... is there any chance you could try fans a little bit faster or something? I run mine around 1500-1800RPM. If I upgrade to this case I would be hoping for better temps than my Enthoo

Sure. But with 480 rad space for a CPU fan speed doesn't matter much.

CPU at 1.282V 4.7GHz

Aida64 Stresstest with FPU checked

Fans at 700:

GHE9sxJ.png

Fans at 1600:

tTOb4UU.png

My CPU runs pretty hot. Unmark FPU and its a lot cooler. I've run it undervolted at stock speeds and gotten a max of 65., As long as I'm under 90 under synthetic loads all is good. The test bench has no effect on die temps in my case. Only VRMs. Having some airflow over the motherboard and to remove hot air quicker between the cards would be nice, but not really necessary in my case.

Thank you so much for the help! Any idea what is the temp bottleneck?

2 hours ago, Poozle01 said:

Thank you so much for the help! Any idea what is the temp bottleneck?

The chip itself is all that is left. at stock speeds and without the way too high autovoltages it runs very cool. As I said earlier I can have it running at 65 during synthetic benchmarks.

Thank you again for the help. I will reproduce your build, but with a little extra flair. Would you like me to update this thread once I have completed it?

5 hours ago, Poozle01 said:

Thank you again for the help. I will reproduce your build, but with a little extra flair. Would you like me to update this thread once I have completed it?

Your build deserves its own thread imho. But I'd love if you'd tag me when you make the thread.