Cases that aren't rectangular

Ryujin2003

I love my NZXT Phantom; however it is beginning to show its age. I was looking to maybe replace for something with better air flow control. My phantom had great airflow, but it also has a lot of gaps for dust (I have two dogs).

I like the phantom for it's looks as well since I personally think rectangular cases are a bit boring. I like the cougar conquer, but with dogs, an open case design is not going to work.

Requirement is mid to full tower, at least 240mm rad, standard ATX and dual GPU. I gave RX 480s in case of minimum GPU length and width.

Looking for something with some looks that isn't just a 90 degree 3D parallelogram.

In case colors matter, I do green and preferable Black. I don't do white cases, but it's the 21st century. Most case manufacturers should have multiple colors.

The number of cases that support a 240mm rad , come in different color choices , are not rectangular , but still qualify as being called tower........ are gonna be slim.

the only thing that comes to mind are those hideous pyramids towers from the early 2000s

or like , a cylinder pc case or the stupid boat case that linus threw in a lake

On 2/23/2018 at 8:12 AM, emosun said:

here's a pretty ugly bastard that kinda fits the parameters

Ha! That's it...

Not sure if it's designed after a snail or an ammo drum.

The Cosmos II

The upcoming Cooler master H500M

If you like Microwaves, the EVGA DG-87

The Silverstone Primera RGB actaully looks slimilar to the NZXT Phantom if that's what you're going for (comes in black or white)

11-163-381-V15.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Ha! That's it...

Not sure if it's designed after a snail or an ammo drum.

here some more in the sea shell pc case saga

slimak-d29453d22d81ea36e9789947e.jpg

On 2/23/2018 at 8:09 AM, emosun said:

The number of cases that support a 240mm rad , come in different color choices , are not rectangular , but still qualify as being called tower........ are gonna be slim.

the only thing that comes to mind are those hideous pyramids towers from the early 2000s

or like , a cylinder pc case or the stupid boat case that linus threw in a lake

Finding something that has a little bit of exterior design is hard, and I'm not a case modder, so I don't really have the skill to make one myself.

I mean the sides can bed float, that's cool. But I like something that is a bit unique and has some personality.

You're absolutely right, the pickings are slim. And finding something that doesn't look like Jabba the Huts offspring is hard.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:21 AM, emosun said:

here some more in the sea shell pc case saga

Seriously didn't know this was a thing. It's got floppy, but the case isn't beige. So I am not sure how old these really are.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Seriously didn't know this was a thing. It's got floppy, but the case isn't beige. So I am not sure how old these really are.

this is like early/mid 2000's when lian li was just getting started and people were coming up with some of the ugliest crap on earth for pc cases , like the blob of a  case known as the asus vento

asus_vento.jpg&key=48cb72c300023abf37a18

4 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

mid to late 2000-ish.

i've seen them on display at a local pc shop around 2007/2008.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:25 AM, emosun said:

this is like early/mid 2000's when lian li was just getting started and people were coming up with some of the ugliest crap on earth for pc cases , like the blob of a  case known as the asus vento

Looks like something from WALL-E or Portal.

Cases that aren't rectangular are either too expensive or too ugly. Pretty difficult to find one thats in stock at a reasonable price.

Cougar Conquer Polarizing design, I think its pretty awesome if you can do it right. 

Thermal Take Core P series, open air design, only useful if you plan on making your PC beautiful inside.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

3 minutes ago, electrolux said:

Cases that aren't rectangular are either too expensive or too ugly. Pretty difficult to find one thats in stock at a reasonable price.

Cougar Conquer Polarizing design, I think its pretty awesome if you can do it right. 

Thermal Take Core P series, open air design, only useful if you plan on making your PC beautiful inside.

The problem with those are they are open air, and as op has already said, isn't an option with their two dogs.

Just now, BluJay614 said:

The problem with those are they are open air, and as op has already said, isn't an option with their two dogs.

Damn, I really need to start learning how to read the OP properly, he even already mentioned the Conquer. ;-;

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

1 hour ago, electrolux said:

Damn, I really need to start learning how to read the OP properly, he even already mentioned the Conquer. ;-;

Haha, I appreciate the effort. If the conquer was not open, it'f be the one for me. I don't know if cost would be too limiting. I mean, I've been going what, 4 years with this one? So I think that much time would definitely be monies worth of you have any other suggestions.

5 hours ago, BluJay614 said:

Have you checked out Silverstone's Pimera cases?

That's nice! Putting that in my Amazon cart for now.

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

The Silverstone Primera RGB actaully looks slimilar to the NZXT Phantom if that's what you're going for (comes in black or white)

5 hours ago, BluJay614 said:

Have you checked out Silverstone's Pimera cases?

11 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

That's nice! Putting that in my Amazon cart for now.

Image result for REALLY?

Spoiler

/s

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 2/23/2018 at 2:38 PM, TVwazhere said:

I don't always go reading all the comments before commenting. Besides, is me making the same recommendation THAT big of an issue?

Just now, BluJay614 said:

I don't always go reading all the comments before commenting. Besides, is me making the same recommendation THAT big of an issue?

Just a little salty that I got ignored lol (I'm not really)

Just now, TVwazhere said:

I can understand. Another case I could recommend is the Corsair 780T

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Didn't mean anything by it. Haha. You were surrounded by the snail cases spammed at the beginning! I knew it was mentioned, but didn't remember who it was, so looked back after googling other varieties.

Epic response though!

22 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Didn't mean anything by it. Haha. You were surrounded by the snail cases spammed at the beginning! I knew it was mentioned, but didn't remember who it was, so looked back after googling other varieties.

Epic response though!

No harm done. glad you got the case you wanted!

49 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

No harm done. glad you got the case you wanted!

It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'm definitely keeping it incase I cannot find anything else.

The Deep Cool QUADSTELLAR is cool, but holy cow is it expensive:

11-853-056-V12.jpg

I like the cube look of the Thermaltake Tower 900. Again pretty expensive.

11-133-328-V20.jpg

This one is badass, but again a complete custom mod.

KkjyJdL.jpg

So, I'm still looking. Maybe I'll find the perfect one to replace my Phantom eventualy.