AMD Ryzen 5 2600 specs leaked

This is a great time for the CPU market, new processors are being speculated about quite a bit right now. Today I will be talking about many speculations about the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 CPU(http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/amd-ryzen-5-2600-desktop-processor-spotted-on-asus-crosshair-vii-hero-mobo.html). According to Guru3d the AMD Ryzen 5 2600 has been spotted on an Asus Crosshair VII Hero Motherboard. 

Screenshot_20180217-150417.thumb.png.8b9a412bc1bad5807f0a97727ffc4772.png

they sound reasonable improvement, but the improvement seams a bit meh, but the same time they could real, or just guesses at this point

The owner of "too many" computers, called

The Lord of all Toasters (1920X 1080ti 32GB)

The Toasted Controller (i5 4670, R9 380, 24GB)

The Semi Portable Toastie machine (i7 3612QM (was an i3) intel HD 4000 16GB)'

Bread and Butter Pudding (i7 7700HQ, 1050ti, 16GB)

Pinoutbutter Sandwhich (raspberry pi 3 B)

The Portable Slice of Bread (N270, HAHAHA, 2GB)

Muffinator (C2D E6600, Geforce 8400, 6GB, 8X2TB HDD)

Toastbuster (WIP, should be cool)

loaf and let dough (A printer that doesn't print black ink)

The Cheese Toastie (C2D (of some sort), GTX 760, 3GB, win XP gaming machine)

The Toaster (C2D, intel HD, 4GB, 2X1TB NAS)

Matter of Loaf and death (some old shitty AMD laptop)

windybread (4X E5470, intel HD, 32GB ECC) (use coming soon, maybe)

And more, several more

I don't see this new cpu being amazing. It is nearly the same thing as the older ryzen 5 1600 with higher clocks. I'm sure you can overclock the older one and get the same performance you would get from the new one.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

To be honest, this is a decent improvement considering this is the same architecture. So hey, they crammed more speed into same processor - that's great!

1 minute ago, Rasbir Singh said:

I don't see this new cpu being amazing. It is nearly the same thing as the older ryzen 5 1600 with higher clocks. I'm sure you can overclock the older one and get the same performance you would get from the new one.

True, but there's also the architecture improvement from Zen+.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just by that screenshot it looks like a 2600 is a binned 1600.

Like how the 9590 was essentially a binned 8350.

>Inb4 there's still a high wall at 4GHz.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Just by that screenshot it looks like a 2600 is a binned 1600.

Like how the 9590 was essentially a binned 8350.

>Inb4 there's still a high wall at 4GHz.

Except it's, you know, produced with different fabrication node, so unless they took those binned 1600s, melted the silicon and reused it to make the 2600s, I don't think you understand what binning means.O.o

6 minutes ago, ProximaOfZeal said:

Except it's, you know, produced with different fabrication node, so unless they took those binned 1600s, melted the silicon and reused it to make the 2600s, I don't think you understand what binning means.O.o

I'm going by the clocks.

I'm aware of what binning is. I'm just going by the clockspeed. I'm not retarded believe it or not.

Nothing to get excited about anyway. Probably going to hit the 4GHz wall hard for most users.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Is not a binned cpu, is a freshly cooked cpu fresh from the oven, not scraped from the corner of the warehouse, re program the firmware and sell it as a new gen.

smaller fabrications would mean lower tdp, hence better oc in general.

i would predict they will oc to 4.3 - 4.5.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

8 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I'm going by the clocks.

I'm aware of what binning is. I'm just going by the clockspeed. I'm not retarded believe it or not.

Nothing to get excited about anyway. Probably going to hit the 4GHz wall hard for most users.

46 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Is not a binned cpu, is a freshly cooked cpu fresh from the oven, not scraped from the corner of the warehouse, re program the firmware and sell it as a new gen.

The 14nm process was a low power plus process. The 12nm node is a LP node, or leading performance. I suspect the wall will be a bit higher. Rumors have it as clocking up to 4.2Ghz reliably right now.

Main PC: i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz | Corsair H110i V2 |  ASUS Prime Z370-A  | Corsair Carbide 540 | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 | 16GB G.Skill Flare X @ 3200Mhz | 500GB Samsung 960 Evo | Seasonic Prime Ultra 650W | Dell S2417DG

8 hours ago, Shiftstealth said:

The 14nm process was a low power plus process. The 12nm node is a LP node, or leading performance. I suspect the wall will be a bit higher. Rumors have it as clocking up to 4.2Ghz reliably right now.

Wow 4.2GHz. Amazing! They're really breaking ground.

9 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

oh for fucks sake! I'm just going off the clockspeed, I can see that it's a on a new node with probably a few more fancy features. All it really is a 1600 with a bit more clock.

Nothing "new" about it.

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

All it really is a 1600 with a bit more clock.

Nothing "new" about it.

Yeah just like what intel done in the past 10 years, basically its a tick tock improvement. Its better than nothing.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

36 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

Yeah just like what intel done in the past 10 years, basically its a tick tock improvement. Its better than nothing.

So ryzen is x99 5 years to late but at a good price 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

Image result for better than nothing meme

It’s an improvement nonetheless; we don’t know for definite yet either; let’s just hope, shall we :)

My PC (Known as TRX):

—CPU: TR 1900X

—Ram: 16GB Corsair Dom Plats "ROG Edition"

—Graphics: GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

—Motherboard: Asrock X399 Taichi

—Storage: 512GB Sabrent Rocket, 2.5TBs HDD

—CPU Cooling: Cooler Master ML360 TR4 RGB Edition

—Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

—PSU: Corsair AX860