2. 2. What is your main Slicer?

• Cura
    • Slic3r
    • Simplify3D
    • Craftware
    • KISSlicer
    • Other (Specify Below!)
    • Proprietary software
  3. 3. How much was your main printer? (USD)

• Less than 100$
    • Between $100 and $149
    • Between $150 and $200
    • Between $200 and $300
    • Between $300 and $500
    • Between $500 and $750
    • Between $750 and $1000
    • Over $1000
  4. 4. What do you use to keep the parts in place?

• Purpose made printbed (like BuildTak, etc)
    • Purpose made print adhesive (like Magigoo, etc)
    • Gluestick/hairspray
    • Perforated fiberglass
    • Plain ol' clean sheet of glass
    • Other (Specify Below!)
    • Tape
  5. 5. What do you use your printer for? (Multiple Choice)

• I use it to print items off the internet for fun
    • I use it to print my own designs
    • I use it to make prints for other people
    • I use it to tinker with and improve itself
    • I use it for educational purposes (like YouTube videos or a classroom)
    • Other (Specify Below!)

I have unrealistic dreams of printing, like printing steel at impossibly high resolutions on like a $300 machine, so nothing yet xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I think I got mine on sale (Creality CR10) for somewhere around $400. I primary use it for tinkering projects like building enclosures for numerous things like battery banks, laser pointers, burning laser pointers, modules that I attach to liquid cooled homemade Peltier refrigerators so in the event the pump dies a relay will cut power to the Peltiers preventing a meltdown (hasn't happened yet). I also used it to add a bracket to my server to mount a 140MM fan to my servers PCI_I/O shields because the LSI controllers get hotter than what I'm comfortable with (I'd attach an image but it's huge). I've also made enclosures for green PCI_e devices so they better suit my computer before installing like server SFP+ 10Gbit NICs. Even designed custom backplates for cards. I have other projects down the road. I also want to experiment strapping a 250mW laser to the printer and engraving wood even though it's not designed for that purpose...waiting on safety glasses though. Laser emits powerful infrared. Don't wanna go blind. I already wear glasses.

I usually prototype in PLA, but depending on application, I would use PLA, ABS, PETG, or TPU.

I have a Flashforge creator pro, which is $900.00.

I use a combination of blue painter's tape, and gorilla wood glue to keep the prints still.

I use Flashforge's own software, Flashprint.

Since I have good 3D modeling skills, I usually just make my own products.

Which includes printing replacements for damaged furniture/hardware.

Props.

Musical instruments.

Threaded adapters.

Spoiler

I also printed a functional bong...

I also bought a wireless SD card and made it work on the printer, since the SD card port broke TWICE on my printer.

Flashforge was kind enough to send me a free replacement the first time, I didn't ask them the second time.

@iamdarkyoshi Most of the questions are too vague for me to answer, I hope this post is helpful.

7 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

I usually prototype in PLA, but depending on application, I would use PLA, ABS, PETG, or TPU.

I have a Flashforge creator pro, which is $900.00.

I use a combination of blue painter's tape, and gorilla wood glue to keep the prints still.

I use Flashforge's own software, Flashprint.

Since I have good 3D modeling skills, I usually just make my own products.

Which includes printing replacements for damaged furniture/hardware.

Props.

Musical instruments.

Threaded adapters.

Reveal hidden contents

I also printed a functional bong...

I also bought a wireless SD card and made it work on the printer, since the SD card port broke TWICE on my printer.

Flashforge was kind enough to send me a free replacement the first time, I didn't ask them the second time.

@iamdarkyoshi Most of the questions are too vague for me to answer, I hope this post is helpful.

How could I have forgotten my original method of sticking parts down, tape?

I added it to the poll, shame I can't rearrange them though.

I use a glass bed and use mod podge haha. that way I only have to use my heated bed at 42oC with PETG and I have zero issues with adhesion that way. 

My Anet a8 if you can call it that still haha. NjuV6l2HUmzpU1nMWuhvk8vhhNtYgmszcRHMZJD5yQLBznJVN0xzsqy-S_9xFbTKxr5Rx4S54orpooeqZE1As5YmA2j1X5Mk4c59fD_8T1Bc7YtHMlThwVkHyEKZGA90CEO2GHBI6iNRLWqIjz4KYHLVN0Qiun5dKJEdLVLLtGH1NC5Li157L1jGzaob7XsJqAzHOflxOuSJlrc3cBE2h-fkRmI11CeBGL19OAst0acF9UXvIj1tsqV6My_5pn5Ym6rev_KPldNUxXVu5mSyPeOg4ZKhEa0B90jlkdmeBCTPLRVK5QVkhDTDYrLe_PIQJn25a0j3CyEz3XbWLThCKiaclTbmkV9_TjoNYrqBv9g6Day-BWQZF8sF69-BZSLcxnskT7Axh43Fq2rF6mPcb9CNBr5ebJljFxhpPgn6VR1fbkyiKFLH-bRjCB2anXC8KolL3_dWCQdgNeXW8Z-Wgp1yUFKxFXeuHjfLSAJd0cCakFQsPSIww0l8N4kjmp5L34FNy63YXPcuj78gL-Sy27ALpPu2ICgiqrn76AWkfZZ_LCuJQsWTgJbbKxjLrvlpG7LDRoCAj8UHt3u0ZjE_OIaMJ4ymIUiVLoh6LIQ=w1266-h950-no

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I use my (stock) Anet A8 primarily for printing small spare parts. Recently I printed seat bushings, panel clips, bulb holders and other small things for a BMW Z3 that I'm restoring.

My main filament is PETG, it's durable yet flexible enough for making spring-fit assemblies (like panel clips or a snap-fit lid for an enclosure).

Almost all things that I print are a custom design (simply because most parts that I need have never been designed/published before).

Tape is my preferred bed material. I'm not too concerned about surface finish or print quality, if the part comes out correctly and fits right I'm happy.

Main Linux rig: HP Elitebook 2560P (i5-2410M, 8 GB, Pop! OS)

Living room/couch gaming rig: AMD 5800X, Asus TUF Radeon 6900 XT, 32 GB, 65" LG C1 OLED

Home server and internet gateway: Dell Optiplex 3040 MFF (i5-6500T, 16 GB, Ubuntu Server 22.04 LTS)

Phone: Asus Zenfone 10

On 2/19/2018 at 3:22 AM, Just.Oblivious said:

I use my (stock) Anet A8 primarily for printing small spare parts. Recently I printed seat bushings, panel clips, bulb holders and other small things for a BMW Z3 that I'm restoring.

My main filament is PETG, it's durable yet flexible enough for making spring-fit assemblies (like panel clips or a snap-fit lid for an enclosure).

Almost all things that I print are a custom design (simply because most parts that I need have never been designed/published before).

Tape is my preferred bed material. I'm not too concerned about surface finish or print quality, if the part comes out correctly and fits right I'm happy.

Coupe or roadster ? 

ASU