NCIX / NETLINK COMPUTER INC Bankruptcy Auction

krep

The NCIX store was closed and now we have a liquidation auction for all the remaining good still sitting around the warehouse.

I and a lot of us here grew up buying from NCIX. I still remember the first time i made the trek from out in the Valley to their Original Burnaby store. There were piles of parts a junk everywhere and had to climb around things with my list to find the stuff we were looking for.

But as we should probably all know by now it looks like NCIX is no more they are now having an auction for their whole warehouse.

"NETLINK COMPUTER INC DBA NCIX BANKRUPTCY AUCTION

Thu. Feb. 22, 2018 | 10:00 AM
Preview: Wednesday February 21st, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
13720 Mayfield Pl., Richmond, British Columbia"

https://www.ableauctions.ca/auction?aAuctionId=c79c4fb2-4d48-4c5c-bcc3-c02e37f9bccf

cd0367e6-90ef-485c-8a87-f0343e0b5de4.jpg

Sad to see a company I've pretty much grew up with in this state. Wished I had to time to go pick up some relics.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

@krep your post is not in line with the The News and Reviews requirement for posting.

Please adjust your topic to the Guides set forth by the almighty Admins. Lest your topic be Locked or Removed.

When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:

• Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is. This needs to be MORE than just a quick, single comment to meet the posting guidelines.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required. It should be to the point and not be done in such a way as to mislead a reader, such as clickbait, etc.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.

Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

4 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I can imagine the GPU bidding

They have 7 GPU's based on pictures... 

3 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Why did they go under or fail or whatever term is correct here? Was customer care horrible or what?

I think I explained their doom here:

The saddest part of that post is the fact Canada Computers not only entered BC, they took over their locations... However unlike Target with Zellers, they likely won't fail.

apparently EVERYTHING MUST GO. They should probably get a wacky wavy inflatable tube man.

Also the 15 year BBB plaque is kind saddening. Also the Youtube button.

GPUs for the most part were already sold off. Usually these auctions are whats left over and could be sold. If you have the cash to buy huge lots you can make a nice profit on these auctions.

2 minutes ago, kalnick said:

Usually these auctions are whats left over

Yup like I said wholesalers get first dibs, then companies then you guys get the scraps!

Exactly like the animal kingdom!

This entry does not meet the posting guideline, and will be moved out until OP fixes it (or someone else posts it before properly):

• The entry contains plagiarism by not using quote, includes quick copy and paste without any form of quality
  • Missing: Explaining the news in your own words
  • Poor title - all caps. Even if it is not in the guidelines per se, it goes under click-bait to me, as it makes it sounds like it is super critical news when it isn't.

Remember folks, bankruptcy liquidations is usually handled by another company who specializes in this, and that involves not liquidating the stock, but rather help pay the most of the company debts. So that means, like all bankruptcy, until the very last days, expect terrible prices on many if not all products. Shop before, don't jump on what it looks like deals.. you might end up paying regular price, or worst, a higher price.

1 hour ago, Canada EH said:

some major corp will buy it up no doubt about that

I sure plan on putting in some bids :P

12 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Remember folks, bankruptcy liquidations is usually handled by another company who specializes in this, and that involves not liquidating the stock, but rather help pay the most of the company debts. So that means, like all bankruptcy, until the very last days, expect terrible prices on many if not all products. Shop before, don't jump on what it looks like deals.. you might end up paying regular price, or worst, a higher price.

Most of Able Auctions stuff starts at $1. At least from my experiences with their auctions. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

17 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Just like Sears who screwed over their lifers pensions!

Maybe Liquidation World woulda helped, but sadly to say they themselves go LIQUIDATED!

I love auctions. I should see whats around me and check them out. I like looking at art paintings.

58 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I sure plan on putting in some bids :P

Most of Able Auctions stuff starts at $1. At least from my experiences with their auctions. 

Do they offer some kind of shipping option or just local pickup? Their site doesn't say :( Or at least what I found.

37 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Do they offer some kind of shipping option or just local pickup? Their site doesn't say :( Or at least what I found.

all items must be removed by Friday 9:00am - 4pm (our staff is dedicated to setting up the next auction after that time), our staff do not assist you in loading - please bring help if you need it and any boxes etc.

Sounds like local pick up only.

7 minutes ago, LasersPewPew said:

Sounds like local pick up only.

I read that, but it felt rather open and incomplete, that said I find it odd that online bidding is permitted but they don't ship out...

Long tail rear hub with dolphin case, legal max 32kph is slow as fuck! Retail $2-3K

I just road my 3000W nominal rear hub about 55kph but theres a bit of snow and ice on the roadways.

It was for a short burst, because I had 2 bags of groceries with me, a 2L club soda, two 2L of milk and some bread and spread. All on non throttle side, plus I only had the left front brake. And no I never pedal, I got a bicycle but its really a motorcycle and the fin pigs let me slide!

RADPOWER BIKES I just googled

https://www.radpowerbikes.com/

Rad Wagon $1600 in usd currency probably, so $2100cdn.

48V 16Ah

direct drive with regen " Powerful 750W Shengyi "

regen is only worth stopping power BTW people!

Never heard of that motor, I'd like to see the shell, more then likely its just a 9C spit out by China by the millions!

For $2100cdn you could build yourself a cooler and faster ebike!

What I'd do is this, buy a quality brand used cruiser bike.

If you want longer tail, you can buy kits for that.

http://www.xtracycle.com/leap/

Then a Leaf Motor 1500W kit with LCD display.

Buy your battery from same place, though I'd go 60V nominal and two 10Ah packs.

You'd have a 100000X better ebike then any commercial p.o.s. on the market today!

Commercial p.o.s have to be legally limited to 32kph which is an outright bummber!

I've gone as fast as 65kph on a road, think that was 80V but I cant remember. It scared me.

My bid on that item, $500 max, maybe $650. It sure aint worth $2kcdn!!!!!

But I bet it will sell for $1K to $1200 to some fools at the auction!!!!

That battery alone is worth $500 NEW, but its used so its actually worthless!!!!!

Why? Because you got no idea how the battery was taken care of.

Left in the cold all winter = bad batteries

drained and left = bad

charged and left = bad

I see its a feet forward design, those are the kind I like.

Plus that rear rack is heavy duty!!!! Just what I like!!!!!!

The seat, I dunno about, I like springy seats, old steel seats!!!!

I would move the battery to a pannier bag, which hides the motor.

No one would know nuffin, they'd just think you are superman going up a steep hill with both your feet straight forward

hahahahahahahahahahahaha xD

Oh another thing, I see the charger, I bet thats like 2 or 3A, which would take 5.5hours to charge. Thats a no go in my books. I would figure out what the cells are in the dolphin case, and buy a durable charger capable of 16Ah, hopefully the cells can take that. Then I could be drinking heavily double fisting drinks at "starbucks" ;) while the ebike charges up.

Another note, take a look at that kickstand, I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Probably steady a.f. with a cargo load on either side.

The fork needs to be suspension!!!!!

Take the dumb light off and install a 3k lumen light.

Nice grips, I wonder what the components are. I see the specs

Looks lame, I'd upgrade to Deore components.

Nice suprise, 35E which are 10A, good good.

So 13S in 3.5Ahx ? = 16Ah does not compute!

3.5Ah x 4 = 14Ah

3.5Ah x 5 = 17.5Ah

China is famous for its lies!!!!

Lithium NCA 18650 Samsung 35E

48V 2 Amp Smart Charger

Front 300 Lumen

Shimano SL-TX50-L

21-Speed Shimano Altus

image.png.f81b10d19369775cf5de98f11addb6e0.png

When you owe close to 36 million in debts,Eveything must go.

Just now, Myxzoid said:

When you owe close to 36 million in debts,Eveything must go.

Nope not always, Sears was bailed out countless times.

Debt upon debt upon debt

23 hours ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Why did they go under or fail or whatever term is correct here? Was customer care horrible or what?

Bad decisions by the owner. Mainly investing in the stores instead of online. Also he made some other bad business decisions that affected ncix. Go check out reddit.com/user/exncix and Reddit.com/user/exncixstaff 

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

18 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Since they owe me $1800, can I just walk out with $1800 worth of goods?

Honestly I wonder if they are going to have problems at the auction since people lost money to them. Also I heard on Reddit that some people's PC's are still there for warranty service. 

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

Its an online world, but they should have scaled back store outlay because its expensive.