NCIX / NETLINK COMPUTER INC Bankruptcy Auction

krep
23 minutes ago, This_guy1998 said:

Bad decisions by the owner. Mainly investing in the stores instead of online. Also he made some other bad business decisions that affected ncix. Go check out reddit.com/user/exncix and Reddit.com/user/exncixstaff 

Just to be clear their customer service was also horrible from 2017 onward. I ordered a power supply that was "in stock" in May. It arrived in August. I made the mistake of putting a backorder on an 8700k, but I was one of the lucky ones who was refunded. They declared bankruptcy 3 days after the refund went through. It was a close close call lol.

Main System: EVGA GTX 1080 SC, i7 8700, 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15, Asus Z370 Prime A, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R5, 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 500gb Samsung 850 Evo
Secondary System: EVGA GTX 780ti SC, i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb DDR3 1600mhz, MSI Z77 G43, Noctua NH D15, EVGA GQ 650W, Fractal Design Define R4, 3TB WD Caviar Blue, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo

2 minutes ago, Zeitec said:

Just to be clear their customer service was also horrible from 2017 onward. I ordered a power supply that was "in stock" in May. It arrived in August. I made the mistake of putting a backorder on an 8700k, but I was one of the lucky ones who was refunded. They declared bankruptcy 3 days after the refund went through. It was a close close call lol.

I placed an order worth $1800 a few weeks before their bankruptcy.  On their final week I managed to get through to their facebook admin (sending a ticket or calling wouldn't work) and requested to have my order refunded.  And yeah.. no refund...

19 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Nope not always, Sears was bailed out countless times.

Debt upon debt upon debt

GM, the priceless example... (literally)

The number of times we have bailed them out the economy would have recovered by now w/o them... Waa waa up to 500,000 jobs would have been lost... Ontario and Alberta successfully lost 60-140,000 by simply increasing min wage... What's the govs point? Bunch of hypocritical A.H's...

21 hours ago, Majinhoju said:

Since they owe me $1800, can I just walk out with $1800 worth of goods?

Nope and you will likely never see your $1800. You could file a claim against them as a creditor as part of the bankruptcy proceedings

To many people ahead of you though. The bigger boys get paid first

On 2/13/2018 at 8:16 PM, Canada EH said:

that is a joke the BBB

pay your fee's every year and your a "Gold Member"

So true

Anyone going?  I'd like to bid but no way in hell will I be able to go in person.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Anyone going?  I'd like to bid but no way in hell will I be able to go in person.

Why dont you call the auction house?

2 hours ago, kalnick said:

Nope and you will likely never see your $1800. You could file a claim against them as a creditor as part of the bankruptcy proceedings

To many people ahead of you though. The bigger boys get paid first

I called my bank the day they filed for bankruptcy.  I am getting my money back but it's just a 90 day process.

I'm not too worried but I am feeling pretty salty about the whole thing.

13 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Why dont you call the auction house?

They are pretty explicit, you need to remove the stuff yourself.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

They are pretty explicit, you need to remove the stuff yourself.

hire someone

I'm curious if any ex-NCIXers would know more about the lots and items strewn around. For instance, I feel like the blue binned stuff looks to be open-box and in question, and the location of some item might tell some stories too (certain shelves/rooms are for testing/broken shit, who knows).

Personally, I'm not holding my breath about this and probably won't bother. All I have an interest in is a new GPU, but seriously doubt it's worth getting in on with already inflated retail prices, along with a 30% hike in fees/taxes after your bid. Seems still better to wait for Volta, if perhaps supply issues might be resolved by then. I don't expect Nvidia to ramp up fabrication for Pascal when Volta is just about to hit market this year, after all, so perhaps we'll see some pretty impressive output this year.

1 hour ago, Kachunkachunk said:

I'm curious if any ex-NCIXers would know more about the lots and items strewn around. For instance, I feel like the blue binned stuff looks to be open-box and in question, and the location of some item might tell some stories too (certain shelves/rooms are for testing/broken shit, who knows).

Personally, I'm not holding my breath about this and probably won't bother. All I have an interest in is a new GPU, but seriously doubt it's worth getting in on with already inflated retail prices, along with a 30% hike in fees/taxes after your bid. Seems still better to wait for Volta, if perhaps supply issues might be resolved by then. I don't expect Nvidia to ramp up fabrication for Pascal when Volta is just about to hit market this year, after all, so perhaps we'll see some pretty impressive output this year.

I know one thing is that according to exncix staffs on reddit, there wasn't enough inventory to build a complete PC. Keep in mind some pictures show CPUs most than likely those were for testing and such. NCIX in addition to selling parts, they ran a PC building business and had NCIX Tech Tips. The big concern for ex-employees (and maybe some customers?) is personal data getting leaked. Alot of times when bankrupt companies have their HQ liquidated the office PCs and Servers don't get wiped. Those PCs could contain anywhere from resumes to personal info like names, addresses, phone numbers, CC info, and Social Security #s (or whatever Canada equivalent is).  The auction company just wants to make as much money as possible to pay off debt without regards to privacy.

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

The NCIX retail sites NCIX.com and Directcanada.com  are still up with no mention of a bankruptcy. I wonder how many people who are not aware continue to shop on those sites. It seems very odd that they are still up and running and appear like its just business as usual.

44 minutes ago, kalnick said:

The NCIX retail sites NCIX.com and Directcanada.com  are still up with no mention of a bankruptcy. I wonder how many people who are not aware continue to shop on those sites. It seems very odd that they are still up and running and appear like its just business as usual.

There's no way to checkout on these sites now.

Personal Rig:

Linux/test Box:

13" Macbook Air M1:

Home Theater Setup

Other Devices I use:

On 2/13/2018 at 7:22 PM, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Why did they go under or fail or whatever term is correct here? Was customer care horrible or what?

Ussualy 1000s of things cause this not just customer support.

It sucks. 

Shipping in Canada is really hard to work around. Everything is so spread out and it makes it really expensive to ship.

I believe that's what's really killing NCIX.

You just can't compete with the big guys like amazon as a result.

I hope the plans we have with China and Ports America to turn the port of Sydney into a major shipping hub has a positive effect on this. We need a major port like that on the East Coast to make things work, because it's just too expensive to ship things all the way from the West coast to the East coast.

(I also hope it means we get a microcenter eventually :P)

Getting direct access to electronics from China would be nice too. 

The more we can sidestep buying things from the United States, the better.

Especially after they recently threw that import fee for online shopping on us.

It's cheaper to buy something from Israel than the States right now.

They're going to lose a lot of business. What a stupid move.

I pretty much stopped buying things from the States all together as a result. Only if there's no other option anyways.

Sorry for the rant, but yea I'm super sad to see NCIX go too.

I hope someone buys them out and keeps it going.

Someone who would actually be smart enough to listen to Linus's advice :P

6 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

It sucks. 

Shipping in Canada is really hard to work around. Everything is so spread out and it makes it really expensive to ship.

I believe that's what's really killing NCIX.

You just can't compete with the big guys like amazon as a result.

I hope the plans we have with China and Ports America to turn the port of Sydney into a major shipping hub has a positive effect on this. We need a major port like that on the East Coast to make things work, because it's just too expensive to ship things all the way from the West coast to the East coast.

(I also hope it means we get a microcenter eventually :P)

How would shipping from China to the east coast be cheaper then shipping to the west coast?

Wouldn't you have to for now go thru the Panama Canal eventually northwest passage seems that would add a lot time and wasted fuel.

Or is this for goods from china crossing north-America by truck or train then shipping to Europe? Not sure if there is any savings vs shipping via the suez into europe or over land but probably a lot more secure

There are lots of Ports on the East coast of Canada.

Thing is the majors are not in Canada. Only Halifax then a bunch down the St. L River, Quebec, Montreal,

Port Metro Vancouver handles more than 50 percent of all container cargo moving through Canada’s busiest container ports

http://www.worldportsource.com/ports/CAN.php

On 2/16/2018 at 9:08 PM, kalnick said:

How would shipping from China to the east coast be cheaper then shipping to the west coast?

Wouldn't you have to for now go thru the Panama Canal eventually northwest passage seems that would add a lot time and wasted fuel.

Or is this for goods from china crossing north-America by truck or train then shipping to Europe? Not sure if there is any savings vs shipping via the suez into europe or over land but probably a lot more secure

Because the United States screws us a lot. That's why. There's an extra import fee on everything on ebay that doesn't have free shipping for example and you don't have to pay that if you buy something from halfway across the world. That's why I don't buy anything from America anymore unless I absolutely half to.

On 2/16/2018 at 10:06 PM, Canada EH said:

There are lots of Ports on the East coast of Canada.

Thing is the majors are not in Canada. Only Halifax then a bunch down the St. L River, Quebec, Montreal,

Port Metro Vancouver handles more than 50 percent of all container cargo moving through Canada’s busiest container ports

http://www.worldportsource.com/ports/CAN.php

I'm talking about a major port, not just a normal one. Half automated and everything. I'm from the East Coast. These existing ports are nothing like what I'm talking about that's coming.

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Whats coming?

China and Ports America have a major deal going to build a gigantic, China style port in Sydney.

If you've ever followed China's role in the shipping industry before, you'd know that this is pretty major. It's something that's been years in the making. It's not going to be one of the small, dinky Canadian ports you're used to anyways.

Never seen Halifax port, but looking at Google maps, and seeing as Canadian markets are 1/10'th of USA the ports seem adequate I guess but I dunno. American ports are huge in comparison I agree.

just get rid of the . in https or  highlite from www

ht.tps://www.google.ca/maps/search/shipping+container/@44.6200225,-63.565175,995a,35y,39.2t/data=!3m1!1e3

ht.tps://www.google.ca/maps/@44.6599432,-63.6264959,821a,35y,39.25t/data=!3m1!1e3

21 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Never seen Halifax port, but looking at Google maps, and seeing as Canadian markets are 1/10'th of USA the ports seem adequate I guess but I dunno. American ports are huge in comparison I agree.

just get rid of the . in https or  highlite from www

ht.tps://www.google.ca/maps/search/shipping+container/@44.6200225,-63.565175,995a,35y,39.2t/data=!3m1!1e3

ht.tps://www.google.ca/maps/@44.6599432,-63.6264959,821a,35y,39.25t/data=!3m1!1e3

Yea, Halifax is a decent port, but it can't take in the biggest ships. This new port will be able to and it's going to be a huge competitive advantage. They're dredging the harbor and everything for it to get the big ships in. It's going to be a long project, but I think it's going to be a game changer for the East Coast.. especially for Sydney.