[Updated with Benchmark*] AC:O gets cracked 3 days after it's update containing Denuvo 4.9

And guess what? Pirates probably won't have to deal with the CPU tanking these garbage drms cause. Good job ubisoft.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, Sauron said:

And guess what? Pirates probably won't have to deal with the CPU tanking these garbage drms cause. Good job ubisoft.

It'll still hit the CPUs, but no way as hard as what the legit version. It's not a huge difference but it'll probs save you a little. Ubi is probably very upset. (Also the crack bypassed the DLC protection too, so free dlc lmao)

19 minutes ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

I feel bad for the people that had to spend money on that crap.

It's proving more and more useless.

why?

it worked how it was intended.

14 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I am against pirating content, and am for companies trying to protect their IP. (confrontational statement coming) Piracy can and does hurt industries. There is argument either way, and this horse has been beaten to death. Although I believe that companies do need to take measures to protect themselves, I do not understand why this seems to be the one that everyone uses? It seems super unreliable, and it would be better to have none than something like this. There has got to be better anti-piracy designs somewhere else. Not sure why developers pay this company a crap ton of money for nothing....

they use it because its the best. 

denuvo doesnt make games uncrackable because nothing does. 

they make the most money within the first few months and thats what denuvo was made for. 

99% of games that just use steam, or similar, are cracked in minutes, with denuvo it takes them months.

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

It'll still hit the CPUs, but no way as hard as what the legit version. It's not a huge difference but it'll probs save you a little. Ubi is probably very upset. 

The only ones who should be upset are paying customers. It's been proven that piracy does not significantly impact sales, so the only ones suffering the consequences of bs drm are people who paid for the game.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

How far can this discussion go without forcing mods to lock the thread? ^^ Just curious.

1 minute ago, Paddi01 said:

How far can this discussion go without forcing mods to lock the thread? ^^ Just curious.

Hasn't broken any of the community guidelines, but by all means, feel free to call a mod if you're that hurt. 

5 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

Hasn't broken any of the community guidelines, but by all means, feel free to call a mod if you're that hurt. 

It was just a general question, it´s all alright.

oooooooh, this gon b guuuuud

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

16 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

It'll still hit the CPUs, but no way as hard as what the legit version. It's not a huge difference but it'll probs save you a little. Ubi is probably very upset. (Also the crack bypassed the DLC protection too, so free dlc lmao)

I imagine they're very happy their game was uncracked for more than three months.

There are some games which use the same Denuvo version as this game but haven´t been cracked. This will probably change soon.

1 minute ago, Paddi01 said:

There are some games which use the same Denuvo version as this game but haven´t been cracked. This will probably change soon.

CYP only goes for the higher demand of games sadly, (others try for all kinds) so his next target I'll assume is Far Cry 5 which will contain Denuvo 5.0 

2/10 wouldn't download it

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

9 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

2/10 wouldn't download it

0/10 - can't download again 

image.png.73676b2be05d624a5efb09ebe8e53e31.png

34 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

CYP only goes for the higher demand of games sadly, (others try for all kinds) so his next target I'll assume is Far Cry 5 which will contain Denuvo 5.0 

its not only one guy.

Just now, apm said:

its not only one guy.

im very well aware of that thank you

12 minutes ago, apm said:

its not only one guy.

His, in this case, is neuter meaning that it can refer to a genderless individual or group. "Their" would have been preferred, but the structure and concept is still readable. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

I'd also like to see if running the game cracked provides better performance than does running the stock game.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

22 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

I'd also like to see if running the game cracked provides better performance than does running the stock game.

Someone from the CW discord did a test so it's pretty unverified but it's something I guess. NOTE: Denuvo itself is still in the game but it was disabled, along with VM protect

Original at medium settings 1920x1080p

PmM6F7q.jpg?width=1214&height=683

Cracked version:

1920x1080p - Medium details from what he said

That's with all the driver updates + BIOS updates 

80NyGVC.jpg

But take this with a HUGE grain of salt. 

15 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

There are studies on both sides of the fence. So, there may not be a 100% solidified answer?

Not really, the studies that say Piracy hurts sales were mostly carried out on behalf of, and sponsored by, the video game publishers.

AFAIK no completely independent study has ever shown a link to piracy hurting sales and most of them have pretty solid evidence that the opposite is true.

You are correct in saying no one knows for sure though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

6 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Not really, the studies that say Piracy hurts sales were mostly carried out on behalf of, and sponsored by, the video game publishers.

AFAIK no completely independent study has ever shown a link to piracy hurting sales and most of them have pretty solid evidence that the opposite is true.

You are correct in saying no one knows for sure though.

That and a study under the current environment tells you nothing about what would happen if all forms of DRM and copy protection was removed. Piracy can be fine and dandy now but if it was removed would it stay that way? You'd have to have some impressively sized balls to say nothing will go wrong and the situation won't get worse.

I have about as much faith in the general gaming community to not screw it up as people not abusing no free refills at a fast food place, they put those machines in view of staff for a reason and people still get away with it.