[Updated with Benchmark*] AC:O gets cracked 3 days after it's update containing Denuvo 4.9

NOTE TO THE MODERATORS, I WON'T BE INCLUDING LINKS TO THE DOWNLOADS, THIS IS PURELY DISCUSSION ON THE CRACK + REDDIT LINK DOESN'T CONTAIN ANY DOWNLOAD LINKS, THANK YOU

This morning Assassins Creed Origins was cracked by the team Conspiracy, the source will be /r/CrackWatch and I'll be providing a link to the NFO for proof of it. The biggest kicker of this crack is that it has bypassed Denovo's latest "PROTECTION" which is Denuvo Protect 4.9, it also went out of it's way to strip the Denuvo, VMProtect AND the Uplay DRM components. It has taken about 3 months and 2 days to bypass the DRM components, CYP didn't release a statement on the crack asides from "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned". This must come at a huge and massive blow for Denuvo considering this was their very latest iteration of DRM and it comes days after Sonic Mania which contained Denuvo 4.9 was cracked by CYP.

People who downloaded the crack are reporting very minor performance improvements of about 5% however, it's yet to be confirmed properly, just rumours and conjecture. 

Almost two weeks after the cracking of the anti-piracy system Denuvo version 4.8, a group of hackers called CPY reported on the successful development of the "medicine" for Assassin's Creed: Origins, which was released on October 27. In addition to Denuvo, the game used additional protection VMProtect, which added additional complexity. 

While it is not known for certain whether CPY released a way to bypass the system or made a full hack. With the first option Denuvo will continue to work against the background, so there is no need to improve performance by freeing up additional resources.

Reddit thread Source:  

Russian Source: https://www.wisam.ru/news/49657-KHakery-vzlomali-zashhitu-denuvo-v-assassin-039;s-creed-origins-spustja-bolee-trjokh-mesjacev-posle-reliza.html

Some unverified benchmarks

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

Someone from the CW discord did a test so it's pretty unverified but it's something I guess. NOTE: Denuvo itself is still in the game but it was disabled, along with VM protect

Original at medium settings 1920x1080p

PmM6F7q.jpg?width=1214&height=683

Cracked version:

1920x1080p - Medium details from what he said

That's with all the driver updates + BIOS updates 

80NyGVC.jpg

But take this with a HUGE grain of salt. 

Still waiting for a CEO to say that DRM will be removed a month or two after release. 

In other news, EA's loot system still hasn't been fixed. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ravenshrike said:

Damn Youuuuuuuu. I spent 10 minutes deciding whether to post the reddit link im my own post.

Get one of the moderators to merge the thread in here, I don't mind really or just copy and paste it into here.

Still waiting for a CEO to say that DRM will be removed a month or two after release. 

In other news, EA's loot system still hasn't been fixed. 

They won't remove it, because they'd have to admit that it's awful for the CPU

10 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

NOTE TO THE MODERATORS, I WON'T BE INCLUDING LINKS TO THE DOWNLOADS, THIS IS PURELY DISCUSSION ON THE CRACK + REDDIT LINK DOESN'T CONTAIN ANY DOWNLOAD LINKS, THANK YOU

This morning Assassins Creed Origins was cracked by the team Conspiracy, the source will be /r/CrackWatch and I'll be providing a link to the NFO for proof of it. The biggest kicker of this crack is that it has bypassed Denovo's latest "PROTECTION" which is Denuvo Protect 4.9, it also went out of it's way to strip the Denuvo, VMProtect AND the Uplay DRM components. It has taken about 3 months and 2 days to bypass the DRM components, CYP didn't release a statement on the crack asides from "Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned". This must come at a huge and massive blow for Denuvo considering this was their very latest iteration of DRM and it comes days after Sonic Mania which contained Denuvo 4.9 was cracked by CYP.

People who downloaded the crack are reporting very minor performance improvements of about 5% however, it's yet to be confirmed properly, just rumours and conjecture. 

Reddit thread Source:  

Russian Source: https://www.wisam.ru/news/49657-KHakery-vzlomali-zashhitu-denuvo-v-assassin-039;s-creed-origins-spustja-bolee-trjokh-mesjacev-posle-reliza.html

I feel bad for the people that had to spend money on that crap.

It's proving more and more useless.

Now someone benchmark the fps difference between legit and cracked version.

Just now, Kiani said:

Now someone benchmark the diifference between legit and cracked version.

We're waiting for confirmation on it, but the servers atm are being slow as all hell. 

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

We're waiting for confirmation on it, but the servers atm are being slow as all hell. 

That's what happens when you have 50 seeds and 6000 leeches. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

Just now, Nicnac said:

I love a good discussion about crack

Don't let the mods spackle the thread. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

That's what happens when you have 50 seeds and 6000 leeches. 

Yeah...... 

1 minute ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

I feel bad for the people that had to spend money on that crap.

It's proving more and more useless.

It's a great game, so I don't feel bad for spending money on this "crap". I average 40-50 fps, and the game play is very smooth. I don't have lag or weird experiences like that.

I am against pirating content, and am for companies trying to protect their IP. (confrontational statement coming) Piracy can and does hurt industries. There is argument either way, and this horse has been beaten to death. Although I believe that companies do need to take measures to protect themselves, I do not understand why this seems to be the one that everyone uses? It seems super unreliable, and it would be better to have none than something like this. There has got to be better anti-piracy designs somewhere else. Not sure why developers pay this company a crap ton of money for nothing....

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Not sure why developers pay this company a crap ton of money for nothing....

Especially the developers that pay hundred thousands of dollars for a game to be cracked in hours, days, etc. 

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Especially the developers that pay hundred thousands of dollars for a game to be cracked in hours, days, etc. 

Why not just have the game be verified through online servers in order for it to be playable? Wouldn't that fix the piracy issue? Unique key tied to a unique Ubisoft account? I would imagine that sort of technology would exist by now....

Arent these protections meant to slow down cracks from appearing? I mean, this time it failed, but when it does, at least more people (who cant wait) will pay. Not that I support hackers at all (Getting your work copied by others and lose potential profit is terrible. Anyone who worked on a group project with a free-rider on board will know that feeling), but it's inevitable.

Just now, Ryujin2003 said:

Why not just have the game be verified through online servers in order for it to be playable? Wouldn't that fix the piracy issue? Unique key tied to a unique Ubisoft account? I would imagine that sort of technology would exist by now....

That attempt failed. They just use apps to activate the game in a click

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

That'd still require an online feature and that'll just piss people off. 

Just now, Jurrunio said:

Arent these protections meant to slow down cracks from appearing? I mean, this time it failed, but when it does, at least more people (who cant wait) will pay. Not that I support hackers at all (Getting your work copied by others and lose potential profit is terrible. Anyone who worked on a group project with a free-rider on board will know that feeling), but it's inevitable.

They're ment to stop them outright. But Denuvo isn't that good at protecting. 

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Yeah, I would like to know if pirates actually affect them in any way or form or if they're just blaming lower sales on pirates.

Like a study or something would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

It's a great game, so I don't feel bad for spending money on this "crap". I average 40-50 fps, and the game play is very smooth. I don't have lag or weird experiences like that.

I am against pirating content, and am for companies trying to protect their IP. (confrontational statement coming) Piracy can and does hurt industries. There is argument either way, and this horse has been beaten to death. Although I believe that companies do need to take measures to protect themselves, I do not understand why this seems to be the one that everyone uses? It seems super unreliable, and it would be better to have none than something like this. There has got to be better anti-piracy designs somewhere else. Not sure why developers pay this company a crap ton of money for nothing....

I wasn't on about the game, I was on about denuvo. Stop getting your panties in a twist.

1 minute ago, SC2Mitch said:

That'd still require an online feature and that'll just piss people off. 

I am getting the sense that "the people" will never be satisfied.

3 minutes ago, ExplosiveSloths said:

Yeah, I would like to know if pirates actually affect them in any way or form or if they're just blaming lower sales on pirates.

EU did a study on it, it doesn't. 

https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/22/eu-suppressed-study-piracy-no-sales-impact/

https://cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf

Just now, ExplosiveSloths said:

Like a study or something would be nice.

I wasn't on about the game, I was on about denuvo. Stop getting your panties in a twist.

Nothing's twisted. Your initial statement wasn't specific, so I wasn't able to "clearly" decipher your intentions.

There are plenty of peer reviewed scientific articles that discuss how this does negatively impact the developers. I can pull sources if need be. (and by sources, I don't mean online news articles).

Just now, Paddi01 said:

Can someone explain what this "VMprotect" exactly is?

The game runs in a virtual machine of its own rather than directly on the "hardware". 

http://vmpsoft.com

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Paddi01 said:

Can someone explain what this "VMprotect" exactly is?

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

The game runs in a virtual machine of its own rather than directly on the "hardware". 

http://vmpsoft.com

tl;dr it's a load of bullshit that's really power hungry.