Why do people like Apple products?

S3_
5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

HANG ON THERE FOR A SEC

•switched my wife over to Apple products

Why? It's a marketing ploy, nothing more.. if they were as good as they pretend, Their PC market share would rival Microsofts. All they have is a big chunk of the phone market, Mostly with people who put form over function.. Have you ever seen a reasonable person go stand in line for anything other than some overblown, hyped up piece of tech. They are a company of carpetbaggers and have the sale of snake oil down to a patent.

Three times the price of a similarly specked phone should say all that needs to be said..

Passmark 4507

Time Spy   3837

Fire Strike   11287

In my case it’s because they have GREAT customer support, their mobile devices keep getting updates for long periods of time, and most importantly they have a WAY better privacy policy than Google or Microsoft. 

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

5 minutes ago, ElZamo92 said:

In my case it’s because they have GREAT customer support, their mobile devices keep getting updates for long periods of time, and most importantly they have a WAY better privacy policy than Google or Microsoft. 

I've only experienced Apple customer support on two occasions

1) To get my brother's iPad reassigned to me after he bequeathed it to me

2) To replace my CEO's iphone

1st time was faultless i was surprised how fluid it went, 2nd time there was no end of problems and a lot of faff to go through would have been much simpler if they took the phone sent it away to be repaired and then gave me a replacement doing all the "removing of the previous iphone from accounts" in the back end rather than relying on the end user to do so

16 minutes ago, billstelling said:

Why? It's a marketing ploy, nothing more.. if they were as good as they pretend, Their PC market share would rival Microsofts. All they have is a big chunk of the phone market, Mostly with people who put form over function.. Have you ever seen a reasonable person go stand in line for anything other than some overblown, hyped up piece of tech. They are a company of carpetbaggers and have the sale of snake oil down to a patent.

Three times the price of a similarly specked phone should say all that needs to be said..

This is not entirely accurate. The fact that a new iPhones “only” have 3GB of RAM and “only” 6 cores doesn’t mean that they are the same as another phone with 3GB of RAM and 6 cores. It’d be like saying that an AMD FX 8350 is better than an i7 4770k because it has more cores and cache.

As for Macs, they have similar specs than other similarilly priced premium computers in the same matket space. It is obvious that a custom tower PC will be cheaper than an all-in-one with the same specs, and comparing their thin and lights to fat gaming laptops

seems a bit unreasonable. 

Sure, Apple products are expensive for what they are, and they do stupid shit to their products like having a proprietary NVMe SSD interface, soldering RAM on a desktop computer or “upgrading” their 2013 Mac Mini lineup from Ivy Bridge desktop quad cores to Haswell ultra book dual cores, but they are most certainly not pure snake oil.

ZamoRIG 2.0:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz

Cooling: DeepCool Captain 240 RGB + 2x Corsair ML120 fans

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming x2 

Motherboard: Asrock X370 Gaming K4 

RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 G Skill Ripjaws V Grey @ 2800MHz 

SSDs: 2xPatriot Ignite M.2 240GB

HDD: WD Black 1TB + WD Green 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM750

Case: Corsair Carbide 400C

ZamoRIG “Portable”:

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 4GHz

Cooling: Corsair H80i 

Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350N Gaming WiFi

RAM: 1x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance  @ 2400MHz 

SSD: Patriot Ignite M.2 240GB 

HDD: 2TB 2.5” Seagate HDD 

PSU: Corsair TX650M 

Case: Siverstone SG13

I'm sure all this has been stated already, but for me it's:

• Software update policy - security and feature updates for the lifetime of the phone which is rare on Android
  • Build quality (or at least perceived build quality)
  • General security - not only do Apple have encryption enabled by default, but they stick to their guns when met by law enforcement which is good news for more oppressive countries 
  • Customer support - You're paying to be able to walk into a local Apple store and them fixing all your problems in a friendly way
  • Ecosystem - examples such as iMessage, iTunes etc where if you have only Apple products, it's like magic that they work together

That's not mentioning their constant marketing push which draws the less knowledgeable people in.

(BTW I'm an Android/Windows user but can see why Apple's devices are so popular)

I edit my posts a lot.

I've seen this thread before (different OP, same question).

Disclaimer: I'm an Apple user as of about a month ago (iPhone 6)

It does what I need it to do, clean UI, everything is stupid simple and I don't have to jump through a billion hoops to get stuff working. I like the design (even though iPhones seem too slim for me. Easily fixed with a beefy case).

TBH Windows Phone = iOS for me right now (I came from years of using a Windows Phone and I still use my 640 as a backup and my 1320 as a wall-mounted calendar/clock/notifications screen).

I definitely don't like the price tag for anything Apple related (specially Lightning cables!)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Speaking about PC, I like them. As for iPhones, I don't really understand why it is so loved by so many people. Personally I like the latest Samsung much more. But it's only my opinion.

The OS is pretty good I hear. And generally they have less options which can overwhelm consumers that shop for an Android phone or a Windows laptop.

What you thought I'd feed into the rhetorical question? :P

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

On 1/26/2018 at 5:00 AM, RorzNZ said:

HANG ON THERE FOR A SEC

Look, sometimes we all need a do over. A change of wife. Even a temporary one.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

5 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Look, sometimes we all need a do over. A change of wife. Even a temporary one.

Siri is my wife now.

Never messed with the desktops, laptops, nor tablets much by them.  But, I do still have a operational iPod Classic.  So, if one thing, the company makes a product that works for a very good length of time.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I like apple devices because they look nice and are functional. They aren't overwhelmingly obtrusive but they lack some things Android devices have had for a while. 

I'm also a fan of the Apple Watch because it was a nice pair with my iPhone SE. Though I don't have either one of those devices anymore because I've gone back to Android, they were fun to use while they lasted. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I think they just sell it simple and sweet with head phones that tap connect and dress it up white and pretty and let the people fall over it. can't fault it being stable tho I've never had a problem with software where windows wants to give my a "validation error wininet.dll" once to often for my love to show not that I would every buy apple...

On 22/01/2018 at 5:13 AM, djdwosk97 said:

On the software side of things:

I prefer iOS to any version of Android I've extensively used (Kit Kat or earlier).

I'd suggest you getting to a store and try something like the s8 hands-on. I had an s4 with lollipop, and I'm now running nougat on my s8, and these are worlds apart UX wise. There are a lot of shortcuts and ways to tailor your experience to what you see fit. Even more so than it used to on lollipop or older. You may still prefer iOS, but I personally felt a strong difference that I can just advise people on the fence to try!

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

I'd suggest you getting to a store and try something like the s8 hands-on. I had an s4 with lollipop, and I'm now running nougat on my s8, and these are worlds apart UX wise. There are a lot of shortcuts and ways to tailor your experience to what you see fit. Even more so than it used to on lollipop or older. You may still prefer iOS, but I personally felt a strong difference that I can just advise people on the fence to try!

Trying in the store doesn't get you anywhere imo. Most of the time the opinion I created when I demoed it in the store was very different from the opinion after owning something. Regardless, there are still a few things that make switching impossible for now, even if I liked Android better. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Apple software has its advantages. In fact, there's a reason why hachintoshing exists - people like the OS enough that they want it everywhere (possible). I used to consider hacintoshing - until I bought a few MacBooks myself...

15 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Trying in the store doesn't get you anywhere imo. Most of the time the opinion I created when I demoed it in the store was very different from the opinion after owning something. Regardless, there are still a few things that make switching impossible for now, even if I liked Android better. 

Well it can alleviate concerns over fingerprint scanner placement, that type of Things at least

Statistically, the least physically attractive people like Apple products. Also, people with much smaller penises.

1 minute ago, CDHoward said:

Statistically, the least physically attractive people like Apple products. Also, people with much smaller penises.

Ok....

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, CDHoward said:

Europol study.

Please link it.........

If u use huawei, is your wong as long as Mao Zedong?

Apple is shiny. Only reason there is.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

Because Windows is a cluster****

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage