Why do people like Apple products?

S3_
45 minutes ago, Jon4248 said:

I like Apple for the longevity, ease of use, quality and customer service. 

Every android phone I had either stopped getting updates or had some stupid software issue.

Every Microsoft product I bought into they  almost instantly stopped making;

Surface 2 - Abandoned 

Microsoft Windows Phones (Lumia) - Abandoned 

Microsoft Band - Abandoned and had major hardware failure in the band itself

needless to say this got annoying so I traded  in my broken Band 2 at Best Buy towards iPhone 7 and have not looked back. :) 

I now own MBP iPhone Apple Watch AirPods, and Apple TV and have successfully switched my wife, who always complained about every android phone and Windows pc she had, and guess what not one single complaint about her iPhone 7 Plus, iMac Apple Watch or her AirPods..fantastic!

My 9 year old son with ASD has no issues using MacOS or his iPad, but always would get frustrated with his old Windows PC.

Customer service has been great too, twice my son has broken iPads and they have replaced them without questions. 

Anyway I could go on, but these are some of the reasons why our family uses Apple products and will continue to. :) 

Great you found your ideal setup devices.

Though i would think that switching from any old anything to a recent flagship anything would feel fresh. 

What Android phone did she have? when was it from? Since there is a great deal of android phones out there. If you mention old Iphone its easy to limit yourself to 1-2 phone releases each year. Sadly there are too many android phones to do that. 

Ive had a Lumia and i can see why they abondaned it. They might aswell instead of letting new people suffer through poor app support and lack of apps in general. Id still use my Lumia 640 over my iphone 4 though. Just because it was better and smoother to use (when it worked and didnt freeze due to bad app support). 

17 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Great you found your ideal setup devices.

Though i would think that switching from any old anything to a recent flagship anything would feel fresh. 

What Android phone did she have? when was it from? Since there is a great deal of android phones out there. If you mention old Iphone its easy to limit yourself to 1-2 phone releases each year. Sadly there are too many android phones to do that. 

Ive had a Lumia and i can see why they abondaned it. They might aswell instead of letting new people suffer through poor app support and lack of apps in general. Id still use my Lumia 640 over my iphone 4 though. Just because it was better and smoother to use (when it worked and didnt freeze due to bad app support). 

Yeah for sure, coming from my Lumia 650 iPhone 7 is crazy fast.

My wife used the Google Nexus 4, 5 and 6P all stared out ok, but then things like Facebook live video not working, contacts being messed up, and app crashing randomly and random reboots ( on all of them) would start happening.

Right, for me, it comes down to what software is supported now and for the life of the device, and Apple seems to do this well. 

@GoldenLag I'm sorry any time I read your comments I'm reading it in the voice of your profile pic character, and it makes me laugh xD 

Anyway on Topic, These Bait threads TBH is all based on personal opinion and what you plan to use your phone for. Some people prefer apple due to their past experiences with Android or because they enjoyed their previous devices. 

Apple Vs Android can't really be a war because one is a company Designing the Phone along with the iOS. While another only creates the OS for multiple companies to use. So devices where people saw Android perform badly could be due to Hardware implications (Possibly) and not because the OS actually sucked (TBH their has been some Android OS's that I despise using, More the tablet ones). That can't really happen with Apple as they produce Majority of its hardware in house so they can make the OS test the limits of the Hardware and vica versa, The likes of Sony and Samsung etc have to follow what they have been given for acceptable hardware for the OS, This can sometimes be way within the tolerance level of the OS due to safety reasons or just for certainty that it Doesn't drop.

Again.....People Who say Apple Devices can't get Virus's ...... Just.... No, Nope.... Uh hu.... Your are absolutely WRONG. Any device that get produced will eventually become a target for virus's and shiz. Apple may have not been able to get virus's at the start due to hardware differences between Window machines and Apple but they have been out for soo long now their is and will be Virus's that a designed to combat Apple Systems & Software, So please do me the favour and others and bloody get actual facts.

Finally Does anyone really care why people buy Apple products or why Others buy Windows or Linux products? No not really, Everything boils down to Personal preference and Influence by outside factors. People will buy apple phones aslong as they have a good run with them, Same with Android. People tend to swap devices once their usual service is no longer reliable or doesn't suit your needs, Hence why people swap from Android to Apple and Apple to Android. All because they got one device which didn't work well for them being the bad one out of a batch or just bad for your intended use in general it and always work that way.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Just now, Wano1997 said:

Oh no... Not another one of these

Oh Yes...... Your eyes do not Fool you

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

3 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Oh Yes...... Your eyes do not Fool you

People cant seem to get enough of these threads

I am one of them.....

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

People cant seem to get enough of these threads

I am one of them.....

You and me both, Kind of read them for the <Joke> 100% Factual information</joke> That people Give 

Just now, Alex Colson said:

You and me both, Kind of read them for the <Joke> 100% Factual information</joke> That people Give 

Gotta harvest that strawman "knowlage" and cool down with all the fan-boys in the heat of the "discussion". Sometimes i get blown away

Im going off-topic. I just wanna see how many of my awful puns fly over peoples heads

Ignorance. Also paying for the logo.

Same principle as designer products and beats headphones. Less for more money because of a logo.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

they are not alone about that anymore. so that goes both ways. just look at Dell, Microsoft, Huawei and more

@Aeternalis

Edit: i somhow forgot to tag....

@Aeternalis I Feel like I am sensing some hate towards Apple devices from you? 

What have they done to create such hatred towards Apple, Tell me what is it you desire from this ?

Enough messing about, All products are like that They use their Logo as a profit maker, Apple capitalises on it and so does a lot of other companies, LG, Sony, Samsung etc. So that can't really be used as the ANSWER WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR type shiz as well it aint.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:34 PM, themctipers said:

it only works if you ignore the public iOS 11 beta (iOS 11.0 - 11.1.2)

apple is just moving to apple park, im telling you, iOS 12 is going to be the best thing that has happened to iPhone since iPhone!

Reveal hidden contents

im telling you, iOS 11 will reimagine the way you use your iPhone and iPad, and is the most advanced operating system to date

Reveal hidden contents

Im telling you right now iOS 10 will make iOS 9 look like iOS 8 am I right?

iOS 10 is so advanced with siri AI on your phone, there's no reason to stay back on that obsolete piece of junk iOS 9

Reveal hidden contents

iOS 9 will provide such a huge update to iOS 8 with major improvements to siri

Reveal hidden contents

iOS 8 will expand on iOS 7's beautiful glass design and make everything soo much smoother

Reveal hidden contents

iOS 7 is a canvas update to iOS 6, making it look modern, and simply stunning

to get away from google (haha xD i use w10 and google..)

it looks nice, my aluminium unibody enclosure

the ecosystem is great, airpods + icloud + iphone + macbook pro

in store support is amazing (lines are long, but support is usually good)

also software support that is longer than two years lol

iOS is simple enough for me to use yet advanced* enough that I can enjoy using it and not feel limited, android feels.. too open for me, if that is even a thing, and just.. not iOS.

*as long as there is a jailbreak on my phone.  :)

Software support more than 2 years? You are joking right? My grandma's iphone 6 can no longer update. Its like 2 years old. My friends Samsung S4 from like 2014 can still run all his apps. Don't be delusional, Apple wants you to upgrade so they discontinue their software support and then slow your device down.

Case: InWin 303 Motherboard: Asus TUF X570-Plus Processor: Ryzen R9-3900x GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ram: 32 GB DDR4 3000 MHZ

PSU: Corsair CX750M Storage: 1TB Intel 660p NVME SSD and a 2TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 HeadphonesSteelseries Arctis 7 Audio: Shure PGA58 with a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen

19 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

1)  Social status.  Kids whine if they don't get their precious Apple.  

2)  A non-techie parent was told it was the greatest thing ever by their conformist kid.

3)  Combination of one and two aka ignorance.

4) For techies, yes a really bad price to performance situation usually, but a decent professional platform for editors and coders.  There are options, but it only use to be the best like 15 years ago.  You can do it just fine on Windows or Linux.

5)  The trashcan pro was a decent price to performance product yet ugly as hell.

6)  They don't know what Woz knows let alone why he left aka my main reason for hating Apple.

You have a Lenovo Y50! So do I!

3 minutes ago, jtmoseley said:

Software support more than 2 years? You are joking right? My grandma's iphone 6 can no longer update. Its like 2 years old. My friends Samsung S4 from like 2014 can still run all his apps. Don't be delusional, Apple wants you to upgrade so they discontinue their software support and then slow your device down.

iPhone 6 is supported in iOS 11. iPhone 5s is too. 5s is from 2013 and it runs iOS 11. 

My iPhone 5 on iOS 8.4.1 can run 99% of all the apps I use on a daily basis (the one exception being snapcrap)

funnily enough my 6s opens apps slower than my 5. Opens is not run. 

For example, opening up weather to quickly check the weather.. that's about it actually. but still 

obviously apple wants you to buy new. It's apart of their marketing strategy and their demographic. Their demographic is 'my thing is old I wanna upgrade because it'll be fasttttt ???' and so they play to that. 

im waiting for a proper jailbreak (with substrate) on 10.3.3 to kill off that battery slowdown thing; iOS 11.3 might allow us to stop that whole thing 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

my parents think Android isn't as simple 

and my friends mom thinks they cannot get viruses because there on Mas OS

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

On 21/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, TheSLSAMG said:

Inferior in what way, exactly? Apple devices have some advantages over their Android and Windows counterparts. There's better continuity between phone and computer, iPhone processors are significantly faster than the Android counterparts, etc. 

ON Single Threaded, on MT, no. Abd the single threaded thing is about to change.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/889196-samsungs-new-m3-cores-super-wide-true-apple-competitors-at-last/

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12361/samsung-exynos-m3-architecture

48 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

LOL

17 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

ON Single Threaded, on MT, no.

https://browser.geekbench.com/android_devices/376

https://browser.geekbench.com/ios_devices/52

10 > 6

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?utf8=✓&q=iphone

And the A10 is about on par in multi threaded while still being much faster single threaded.

Of course GB is only synthetic and has flaws, but there isnt really anything better that's easily comparable.

17 minutes ago, DanielMDA said:

And according to the article, there will be at most double the performance of the 8890, which would bring it up to 4k/12k -- about on par with the A11 in single core and 20% faster in multicore (that's if it sees a 2x improvement across the board). 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

On 1/21/2018 at 8:35 PM, TheSLSAMG said:

Inferior in what way, exactly? Apple devices have some advantages over their Android and Windows counterparts. There's better continuity between phone and computer, iPhone processors are significantly faster than the Android counterparts, etc. 

OS, features ( before you ask SD cards, launchers, saying water proofness till Iphone 7 Qi charging till 8,only , and killing the 3.5 mm is not one) support of 3rd party applications Ex steam in some sense and all blizzard games till Nivida decided to do it,  NO BACK BUTTON, putting not Pro hardware in a PRO machine over 2000 USD, also Processors on there phones really can you actually tell a difference between a snapdragon and A11 in any actual use case.

I guess it's mostly for the simplicity and ecosystem 9/10 times the of the 1/10 is just because it's apple and everybody has one. My mom started with an ipad and is getting along with her samsung tablet fine now, though it took her a while to get used to it (idky it took her so long, she's been using android and windows phones as the last 5 years)

Me personally I've had up to 3rd gen iphones and then I went to android, back then iOs lacked some basic stuff like a lower case keyboard (which I didn't notice til I started using android and BB Os) Maybe when Apple allows the user to customize the shit outta the Os like I can on Android I'll buy them again.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

6 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

@Aeternalis I Feel like I am sensing some hate towards Apple devices from you? 

What have they done to create such hatred towards Apple, Tell me what is it you desire from this ?

Enough messing about, All products are like that They use their Logo as a profit maker, Apple capitalises on it and so does a lot of other companies, LG, Sony, Samsung etc. So that can't really be used as the ANSWER WE HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR type shiz as well it aint.

Because apple produces extremely mediocre products for prices that border on theft.

A phone that costs a fraction of their phone has better specs and an OS that allows for customization and broader custom options.

Their computers... well, you watch LTT, you should know as well as anyone here that you can build a computer for a fraction of the cost they demand for similar or worse specs.

Apple preys on the technologically illiterate to make a gigantic profit. The last product apple made that wasn't highway robbery was the Apple IIGS back in 1986. That thing was badass.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

best os (except for gaming obviously), highest manufacturing quality and materials. in that order.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

14 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

Because apple produces extremely mediocre products for prices that border on theft.

A phone that costs a fraction of their phone has better specs and an OS that allows for customization and broader custom options.

Their computers... well, you watch LTT, you should know as well as anyone here that you can build a computer for a fraction of the cost they demand for similar or worse specs.

Apple preys on the technologically illiterate to make a gigantic profit. The last product apple made that wasn't highway robbery was the Apple IIGS back in 1986. That thing was badass.

Their phones are priced fairly competitively with the likes of Samsung, which is who they're actually competing against. 

Their 5k iMac was cheaper than a 5k display alone when it launched. The Mac Pro was an amazing deal when it launched. Current Macbook Pros are priced competitively with other ultrabooks -- like Dell's XPS line. The problem with Apple is that their upgrades (ram/ssd) tend to be ridiculously overpriced and that they tend to take forever to actually update their product lines often making a Mac a bad choice. 

On top of that, you can't compare the cost of a pre-built system to a custom built system as the pre-built will virtually always lose by quite a big margin for several reasons. First off, you can't carry a desktop around with you in your bag like you can a laptop. Secondly, Macs tend to all be in an ultra small form factor -- which even building yourself carries quite a large premium compared to a full size build. And lastly, they are a company with the intention of making money and staying in business -- they can't do either if they sell their systems for the same amount that it would cost you to build something comparable (which also probably isn't exactly comparable anyway).

You should try doing some very basic research before making some nonsense claim. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

21 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Their phones are priced fairly competitively with the likes of Samsung, which is who they're actually competing against. 

Their 5k iMac was cheaper than a 5k display alone when it launched. The Mac Pro was an amazing deal when it launched. Current Macbook Pros are priced competitively with other ultrabooks -- like Dell's XPS line. The problem with Apple is that their upgrades (ram/ssd) tend to be ridiculously overpriced and that they tend to take forever to actually update their product lines often making a Mac a bad choice. 

On top of that, you can't compare the cost of a pre-built system to a custom built system as the pre-built will virtually always lose by quite a big margin for several reasons. First off, you can't carry a desktop around with you in your bag like you can a laptop. Secondly, Macs tend to all be in an ultra small form factor -- which even building yourself carries quite a large premium compared to a full size build. And lastly, they are a company with the intention of making money and staying in business -- they can't do either if they sell their systems for the same amount that it would cost you to build something comparable (which also probably isn't exactly comparable anyway).

You should try doing some very basic research before making some nonsense claim. 

Of course a 5k display was expensive, we're talking about new technology.

The macbooks still have two prohibitively large problems:

1. Next to no connectivity. Fork over money for dongles or you're not using anything past the power cable.

2. the OS is still apple's, and it's poor. anyone who's serious about using computers won't entertain any notion that it's even close to windows and/or linux.

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT