Why do people like Apple products?

S3_
On 1/27/2018 at 4:12 PM, Barbara444 said:

Speaking about PC, I like them. As for iPhones, I don't really understand why it is so loved by so many people. Personally I like the latest Samsung much more. But it's only my opinion.

Either Android or iOS is fine.  But given a choice, I'd rather not be bloated and intruded upon by Google's mandatory apps, nor Samsung's horribly designed software.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

On 1/24/2018 at 4:19 AM, lewdicrous said:

People are materialistic.

EDIT: I guess that applies to other products as well.

Such as the RGB water cooled PC's that people on here drool over.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Mac OS rarely (if ever) gave me errors, slowdowns, driver issues, viruses, stupid notifications/ads, sudden shutdowns, audio issues, problems installing software and a terrible search engine.

However, Mac OS has allowed me to use Logic Pro, which is an amazing piece of software.

They are nice devices, and both OS X / IOS have extremely crisp ecosystems. Both have great security systems, and some pretty legendary support if I do say so myself. At least when Jobs was there, and Waz is my favorite of all of the original creators.

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

On 1/21/2018 at 8:29 PM, Cvdasfg said:

"It just works" is what I see a lot of people say.

In all fairness it does.

In the 90's and 2000's, people bought a lot of PC's that didn't work.  They came with cheap McDonalds parts and people had to replace their computer within just a few years after the power supply connection to the motherboard breaks, or a key stops working, and so on. 

Microsoft didn't do anything about the quality control because they made money off manufacturers buying Windows, whether they used it for good products or not.  Eventually, consumers got tired of playing russian roulette and went with Apple.  No doubt it's more expensive, but my one Macbook outlasted two of my Dells.

is this thread still going?  There is only one reason people like apple,  and that is because their phone batteries are thinner than everyone else's.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, minervx said:

Either Android or iOS is fine.  But given a choice, I'd rather not be bloated and intruded upon by Google's mandatory apps, nor Samsung's horribly designed software.

Kinda counter acts your first sentence, They both fine but then says you hate Samsung's software design. TBH all comes down to personal preference.

4 hours ago, minervx said:

Mac OS rarely (if ever) gave me errors, slowdowns, driver issues, viruses, stupid notifications/ads, sudden shutdowns, audio issues, problems installing software and a terrible search engine.

Ummm you know Pc's and Mac's are two different things in which people do different stuff on it. If you are someone who tinkers with your PC a lot then ya your gonna run in to a lot of the problems above. 

Viruses - Just Don't. I have stated many times before this I now an invalid point as a virus for a windows pc is just as common to be on an iOS system. 

Notifications are notifications and Ads only pop up in Browsers not on your Damn OS. Like seriously. 

TBH who uses internet Explorer or Safari majority of people go fro Firefox, Chrome and other Browsers overall. 

So to be listing things you haven't had due to doing simple things is kinda invalid any system pushed to its limits will get these errors and issues regardless of Brand.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2018 at 8:25 PM, S3_ said:

The only appeal I see is its clean UI

That's not even an appeal.  An INFORMATIVE UI would be appealing.  Give me widgets that can display active information.  A bunch of static icons doesn't do anything for anybody...

26 minutes ago, Juvel said:

Because people buy what they want to buy with their own money

No, that's not a reason.  

People can buy what they want their own money, so they do.  But you haven't explained WHY they want what they want.

Try again.

41 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

That's not even an appeal.  An INFORMATIVE UI would be appealing.  Give me widgets that can display active information.  A bunch of static icons doesn't do anything for anybody...

Are you saying S3_  doesn't know what appeals to him?

40 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

No, that's not a reason.  

People can buy what they want their own money, so they do.  But you haven't explained WHY they want what they want.

Try again.

Yes it is, he is clearly saying that there are so many subjective reasons why people buy what they do that the ultimate answer is because that's what they want and it's their money.  Giving any one of those reasons around here will just be argued ad nauseum as being "wrong",  especially by those who have silly ideals and preconceptions about what is important.

So Ultimately unless people drop with the pretentious "I know better what you need than you do" attitudes around here, then "because" is definitely the best answer.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Design of their products is rather minimalist which some people like (maybe apart from their minimalist approach to I/O). Since they design for their products alone, the experience as mostly as optimal as possible (though that is sort of a thing of the past, recent releases of their OSes have been an absolute mess).

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

On 2/5/2018 at 1:32 AM, minervx said:

However, Mac OS has allowed me to use Logic Pro, which is an amazing piece of software.

I've looked at Logic Pro and it looks really good, but I just don't think I could justify buying a Mac just to use one or two programs that are Apple-exclusives.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

18 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Yes it is, he is clearly saying that there are so many subjective reasons why people buy what they do that the ultimate answer is because that's what they want and it's their money.  Giving any one of those reasons around here will just be argued ad nauseum as being "wrong",  especially by those who have silly ideals and preconceptions about what is important.

So Ultimately unless people drop with the pretentious "I know better what you need than you do" attitudes around here, then "because" is definitely the best answer.

It's like you think I'm a child who will accept your bogus answer...      I'm not.  And as someone who has spent real time crafting debate prep and similar argument-based discussions . . . I'm here to tell you that "Because" is never a valid answer.  Ever.  "Because" is what you say when you want to mask the fact that you have no clue.

If people are buying Apple products because they want them, there is a reason that they want them.  Even if that reason is stupid, or meaningless - it still exists.  The reason you want Apple products cannot be "because I want them".  That's fucking stupid and insulting to me, you, and the entirety of human knowledge.  There is an actual reason like "because they're pretty" or "because my neighbor has one and I want to compete".  These are reasons.  "Because" isn't one of them.  Period.

2 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

It's like you think I'm a child who will accept your bogus answer...      I'm not.  And as someone who has spent real time crafting debate prep and similar argument-based discussions . . . I'm here to tell you that "Because" is never a valid answer.  Ever.  "Because" is what you say when you want to mask the fact that you have no clue.

If people are buying Apple products because they want them, there is a reason that they want them.  Even if that reason is stupid, or meaningless - it still exists.  The reason you want Apple products cannot be "because I want them".  That's fucking stupid and insulting to me, you, and the entirety of human knowledge.  There is an actual reason like "because they're pretty" or "because my neighbor has one and I want to compete".  These are reasons.  "Because" isn't one of them.  Period.

Thank you for evidencing my point.

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Thank you for evidencing my point.

Hahaha, by using ACTUAL logic and reason?  Yeah... funny how those prove points left and right.

4 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

Hahaha, by using ACTUAL logic and reason?  Yeah... funny how those prove points left and right.

The fact you need to argue that your need to argue is right and that people have to voice a reason before it is logical,  stands testimony to my point that some people will not voice a reason knowing full well others will come along and poo poo it.  And the Ironic part is that all the dissenting commentary is coming from people who think they know better,  but in reality they are just applying their own subjective ideals.  "Because" by itself is legitimate due to people feeling the need to argue,  even though said argument is 9/10 times pointless. 

30 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

I buy Apple products because I want them. 100% of my computing is university research. No need for one at all, but I want it. I don't think their that pretty, its just a laptop. I bought it just because. Just like buying a torx screwdriver. I don't have any real need or use for it, but I was passing duty free and I thought, I want that.

5 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I was passing duty free and I thought, I want that.

I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but even if YOU didn't realize it . . .there was a REASON that you wanted it.  Maybe some subconscious level marketing hit you in the right spot, or maybe you have repressed childhood memory about screwdrivers.  Who knows. . .  Maybe you have massive impulse control problems that has nothing to do with the thing you bought...  Could be anything.

The point is, there is a reason.  Even if it totally eludes you or makes no sense whatsoever, it is there.

The why of something is the phrase that comes after "because".  If you say " I want that because I want that", all you have done is show that you aren't very self aware.

8 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I buy Apple products because I want them. 100% of my computing is university research. No need for one at all, but I want it. I don't think their that pretty, its just a laptop. I bought it just because. Just like buying a torx screwdriver. I don't have any real need or use for it, but I was passing duty free and I thought, I want that.

How dare you buy something without a logical, verified, conditioned, pre-concieved plan or rationally thought out meditation as to the merits of such an acquisition.

You must be daft or one of these sheep type people. :P

4 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but even if YOU didn't realize it . . .there was a REASON that you wanted it.  Maybe some subconscious level marketing hit you in the right spot, or maybe you have repressed childhood memory about screwdrivers.  Who knows. . .  Maybe you have massive impulse control problems that has nothing to do with the thing you bought...  Could be anything.

The point is, there is a reason.  Even if it totally eludes you or makes no sense whatsoever, it is there.

The why of something is the phrase that comes after "because".  If you say " I want that because I want that", all you have done is show that you aren't very self aware.

Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a fuck why he bought it and doesn't want to explain such trivial reasoning to someone who is only going to try and argue with him about it anyway.

53 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Or maybe, just maybe, he doesn't give a fuck why he bought it and doesn't want to explain such trivial reasoning to someone who is only going to try and argue with him about it anyway.

??  I'm not looking for an explanation.  I could care less why he bought it.  You are also, missing the point.  

The POINT, is that regardless of what the reason is.  THERE IS ONE.  No matter how many you say something like "i bought it just because", or "i don't give a fuck why I bought it" . . . doesn't change the fact that there is still a reason.  It is logistically impossible for there not to be one.  Even if you bought something on a true whim, exclusively with the intent of buying something without a reason, then THAT becomes the reason.

There is no such thing as any action, especially purchasing consumer products, without a reason.  I'm not saying that reason has to be grounded in logic or anything . . .but there is one.  Period.  This isn't something that can be quipped out of existence.  

2 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

Nah I just wanted it. Not really any reason. I was walking past and I thought, 'I want one'. So I bought it. Didn't plan it or anything. I usually do most work on university computers as well.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

You must be daft or one of these sheep type people. :P

What would make you think that?

Paraphrasing a famous president "It's the Terminal, dude"

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

4 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

??  I'm not looking for an explanation.  I could care less why he bought it.  You are also, missing the point.  

The POINT, is that regardless of what the reason is.  THERE IS ONE.  No matter how many you say something like "i bought it just because", or "i don't give a fuck why I bought it" . . . doesn't change the fact that there is still a reason.  It is logistically impossible for there not to be one.  Even if you bought something on a true whim, exclusively with the intent of buying something without a reason, then THAT becomes the reason.

There is no such thing as any action, especially purchasing consumer products, without a reason.  I'm not saying that reason has to be grounded in logic or anything . . .but there is one.  Period.  This isn't something that can be quipped out of existence.  

Not looking for an explanation but:

telling someone to try again because they haven't explained

7 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

No, that's not a reason.  

Try again.

And apparently without giving a reason it is insulting:

6 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

But go on thinking you aren't asking for something you both did actually asked for and now think arguing pointless philosophies somehow changes things.

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

What would make you think that?

Because clearly you didn't explain your reasoning and your why's.

14 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Because clearly you didn't explain your reasoning and your why's.

Haha it was a joke ;)