Why do people like Apple products?

S3_
Just now, RorzNZ said:

Haha it was a joke ;) 

So was mine xD

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@mr moose & @Vantage9 your argument between each other has been really amusing. and then to target @RorzNZ for buying something without a Reason!?!?. 

I'm gonna make this blunt,

Reason: a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event

So RorzNZ buying that screwdriver just because he went hey I want that. With no particular reason is a Reason?

To be frank the REASON i'm butting in is because your a making a mountain out of a mole hill and that aint an exaggeration. you came I saying EVERYONE HAS A REASON FOR BUYING SOMETHING. which can be true. all purchases get influenced by multiple outside means (I'm not repeating it for the 3 or 4th time go look at my past posts here) but people can still buy something without having a Justification or Explanation. which is EXACTLY what RorzNZ done. he had no explanation to buy the screwdriver and no justification for it either. 

you need to accept the fact people buy stuff without reasoning a lot of the time. I have bought some stuff that literally has no reasoning to buying it. why do you think people fall for those T.V ads. because they just go I want that, buy it and then they are like the f*** did I buy this for? 

Finally HOW THE F*** IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE.... Burn it with fire!!!!!

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

14 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

@mr moose & @Vantage9 your argument between each other has been really amusing. and then to target @RorzNZ for buying something without a Reason!?!?. 

I'm gonna make this blunt,

Reason: a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event

So RorzNZ buying that screwdriver just because he went hey I want that. With no particular reason is a Reason?

To be frank the REASON i'm butting in is because your a making a mountain out of a mole hill and that aint an exaggeration. you came I saying EVERYONE HAS A REASON FOR BUYING SOMETHING. which can be true. all purchases get influenced by multiple outside means (I'm not repeating it for the 3 or 4th time go look at my past posts here) but people can still buy something without having a Justification or Explanation. which is EXACTLY what RorzNZ done. he had no explanation to buy the screwdriver and no justification for it either. 

you need to accept the fact people buy stuff without reasoning a lot of the time. I have bought some stuff that literally has no reasoning to buying it. why do you think people fall for those T.V ads. because they just go I want that, buy it and then they are like the f*** did I buy this for? 

Finally HOW THE F*** IS THIS THREAD STILL ALIVE.... Burn it with fire!!!!!

I didn't target RorzNZ, he raised the fact he bought something without reason and I was having a rib dig with him. 

There is only one person in this thread who has to have everyone qualify their purchases to that degree.  I'm just pointing out that it isn't necessary nor helpful most of the time.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

19 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

which is EXACTLY what RorzNZ done. he had no explanation to buy the screwdriver and no justification for it either. 

I can't actually use it for anything either its a Torx size 10. It did happen to be 50% off as well I found out about it, so head to Topmaq if theres one where you live because it was like $1.30. 

12 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

I hate to be the bearer or bad news, but even if YOU didn't realize it . . .there was a REASON that you wanted it.  Maybe some subconscious level marketing hit you in the right spot, or maybe you have repressed childhood memory about screwdrivers.  Who knows. . .  Maybe you have massive impulse control problems that has nothing to do with the thing you bought...  Could be anything.

The point is, there is a reason.  Even if it totally eludes you or makes no sense whatsoever, it is there.

The why of something is the phrase that comes after "because".  If you say " I want that because I want that", all you have done is show that you aren't very self aware.

If you ask a lot of iPhone owners, they won't know exactly why they bought their phone, if they can even slightly think of a reason..

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

The answer to the question is quite simple, and is the same for any other product.

• They like the look of the product more than an other - Personal preference
  • They like the OS/software of the product more than an other - Personal preference
  • It has something they need to use that solely works on that product.
  • They're influenced in to thinking it is superior to an other product be it true or not by advertising, people they know or society in general.
  • They don't know anything about any phone/tablet/laptop/desktop and go 'Oh, that's the most expensive in my price range, it must be the best one to get'.

Personally (I will add I haven't used them extensively, for a long time) I wouldn't buy any Apple product as there are alternatives that suit my needs better, and that I wasn't forced to use in junior & high school (read: ancient Macs) until it actually mattered for exams and that a generally a better price.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

I didn't target RorzNZ, he raised the fact he bought something without reason and I was having a rib dig with him. 

Nah I know you where have a wee laugh with him wasn't making out you where targeting him was finding it humorous on the other guys response. Yes this world is filled with logic and reason but not everything can be answered with logic nor reasoning. Some things happen because it does. 

I had no reasoning to do A-levels I would pefer if I didn't TBH but I still done them 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

1 hour ago, Alex Colson said:

Nah I know you where have a wee laugh with him wasn't making out you where targeting him was finding it humorous on the other guys response. Yes this world is filled with logic and reason but not everything can be answered with logic nor reasoning. Some things happen because it does. 

I had no reasoning to do A-levels I would pefer if I didn't TBH but I still done them 

A reason i would call valid is: its nice to have.

Recently i bought 6 tb of HDD's. I dont need it, but its nice to have.

You dont need a new laptop, but that extra 10 hours of batterylife is nice to have.

That screwdriver is nice to have.

You dont need that specific brand of phone or laptop, but its nice to have.

You notice its very opinion based, but its still a reason. Hope i didnt miss the intire point in this thread.

35 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

A reason i would call valid is: its nice to have.

Recently i bought 6 tb of HDD's. I dont need it, but its nice to have.

You dont need a new laptop, but that extra 10 hours of batterylife is nice to have.

That screwdriver is nice to have.

You dont need that specific brand of phone or laptop, but its nice to have.

You notice its very opinion based, but its still a reason. Hope i didnt miss the intire point in this thread.

Ya it was Nice to have your opinion on the matter xD sorry had to

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

Ya it was Nice to have your opinion on the matter xD sorry had to

Gotta bumb in regardless. Once i see your profile pic i know its something worth commenting on.

4 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

If you ask a lot of iPhone owners, they won't know exactly why they bought their phone, if they can even slightly think of a reason..

Exactly.  This is the #1 sign that you've been socially manipulated and are being fleeced of your money like suckers.

17 minutes ago, Vantage9 said:

Exactly.  This is the #1 sign that you've been socially manipulated and are being fleeced of your money like suckers.

I do not recommend buy an iphone newer than the 7. There isnt really anything new with the phones and the X just isnt worth it. If anyone is going for a new iphone i tell them get an 6s or 7 and save a buck. Mostly because they arent missing out on anything. Above all if the "need" or want a new phone i ask what screen size/style they want and recommend them accordingly

I'll preface this by saying the last Apple product I owned was an iPod Touch 4th Gen. Every computer I've owned has been Windows and every phone, Android. At this point, it's largely because of x things.

• Apple is seen as a premium brand and to have an iPhone or a Macbook is seen as being well off
  • More consistent
    • The software on Apple devices is going to behave very consistently over all their devices and iOS and MacOS integrate very well.
  • Ease of use.
    • This kinda ties into my previous point. iOS is admittedly more intuitive than Android and I can understand that people that don't care about the tech and have the money to pay the Apple Tax would be quite happy to stick to the simple and intuitive iOS without having to learn the different camera apps and all the other differences when going between Android Devices.

I understood choosing Apple in the beginning of the smartphone age since they were the only real option for a while but at this point, Android works a lot better than it used to. A lot of Android devices have Apple beat in the design department IMO (thinking of the Galaxy S8 or Pixel 2 XL) and frankly the limited choice on iOS is annoying. I think the clean aesthetic of the iPhone 8 is quite nice but no headphone jack or expandable storage would be a complete nightmare.

In answer to the original question - a lot of the reason people buy Apple products is all to do with convenience, image and in a lot of cases, lack of interest in technology.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

23 minutes ago, cocata75611 said:

macbooks are really good for everything except gaming or video rendering

Or plugging more than like 3 things in without a dongle???

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

47 minutes ago, cocata75611 said:

macbooks are really good for everything except gaming or video rendering

Isnt almost everything good for everything except gaming and productivity/video rendering. Like some are better than others, but in the 700-1000 $ pricepoint its very hard to get something that doesnt do everything well, except gaming and productivity. Now im not saying apple is bad or good at said points. Ive seen they are really good at it, but so are many other devices ive seen. Tbh if you are getting a browser machine you might aswell get a linux device. (Less chance of virus attack (malware and so fourth) and simple UI depending on which linux you pick)

43 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Isnt almost everything good for everything except gaming and productivity/video rendering. Like some are better than others, but in the 700-1000 $ pricepoint its very hard to get something that doesnt do everything well, except gaming and productivity. Now im not saying apple is bad or good at said points. Ive seen they are really good at it, but so are many other devices ive seen. Tbh if you are getting a browser machine you might aswell get a linux device. (Less chance of virus attack (malware and so fourth) and simple UI depending on which linux you pick)

exactly,  there are many different facets to why people choose what they do when it comes to tech.  There is no general rule because every use case is individual and must be judged on its own merits.

people like small, shiny metals that look nice in an office building or easy to carry around. it is a status symbol. Its not because the consumers are tech illiterate and dont know what internal hardware they get for the money as most like to presume. case point, over 60% of the computer science and engineering students on my campus use macbooks as their primary laptops and so are over 80% of my CS professors. 

It doesnt change the fact that they are overpriced shiny metals with medicore specs though. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

5 hours ago, Vantage9 said:

Its a testament to how good Apple's marketing team is at their job. They excel at manipulation consumers like non other.

PMSL

I like to say that people have preferences and that's that. If someone likes a companies products then theyll purchase them. I find it a waste of time trying to dissect a company, and seeing why people buy them. They make decent products, they make it simple, I believe Apple is a very intelligent company that do very well. If they weren't doing something right, they would not be where they are now. They make a good device, the user enjoys their product. Once the current product gets outdated the user will most likely purchase the newer model because it's so similar to the older one, nothing new to get used to. They know the system and it works for their needs. I don't support the company, but I admire their marketing. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

15 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Its a testament to how good Apple's marketing team is at their job. They excel at manipulation consumers like non other.

I donno about that, Nvidia does it pretty well and McDonalds makes people ignore heart failure 

It's a much simpler, problem free OS because of the lack of customizability, which is the main downside. Most Apple devices are very strict on software and hardware compatibility, which makes it bad for enthusiasts, but appealing to the general public as they are less likely to experience crashes or issues.

20 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

I donno about that, Nvidia does it pretty well and McDonalds makes people ignore heart failure 

AMD's GPU division has been competing poorly since the R9 200 series (which was loved by miners like the 400, 500 and Vega), and McDonalds targets kids to get its customers.

PMSL

18 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

Gotta bumb in regardless. Once i see your profile pic i know its something worth commenting on.

What as in I respond with garbage or with humour to ya? :D