Adelaide's Channel 9 News spews Fabricated Fake News BS about an alleged "Grand Theft Adelaide" game encouraging violence

AlTech

Adelaide's Channel 9 News recently have spewed fake news about a game they believed to be Grand Theft Adelaide and presented the game as encouraging violence and tried to paint the developers in the worst possible light.

Of Course, the journalists not giving a shit about factual correctness assumed this was a GTA game because it looked slightly similar to other GTA games (I use the word slightly here very carefully cos it is very slight), and of course they had no idea who Rockstar Games were.

The journalist contacted the indie developer on Facebook after finding their game on some random online internet forum. The journalists and producers of the show asked questions and didn't like the information they received since it conflicted with their theory. And they lied to the people by saying the developed declined to comment when in fact they were the ones who didn't present the comments because they didn't lineup with Channel 9's agenda.

They falsely presented the earliest possible prototypes of the game as violent and tried to link it to the London bombing and recent acts of violence around the world.

Did i mention how the journalists used the oldest possible video clips and screenshots of the game to make it look a lot worse than it actually was in it's current state at the time of their news report?

And of course the game had nothing to do with violence as the developer pointed out that they just wanted to recreate the city of Adelaide in a video game world.

The game itself is still a work in progress as the developer has pointed out.

This all came out when the developer of the games talked to the source listed online.

Whew. And now for my opinion. Channel 9, please just give up and find a new career. Fake news isn't welcome in journalism and bullying developers to make them look bad and to prove your point isn't your job. That's just nasty. I don't condone it and I don't anybody else here does either.

Oh and to top it all off, they showed the games to normies in the real world and they were horrified by what they saw.

So yeah, f*ch Channel 9 News.

Source:

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

It was quite the entertaining video, just ripping the station to shreds

and I can't find the game anywhere which is sad :( 

something something politics something something trump something something fake news shillary something something build a walk something something

Remember when reading was no good for you?

Remember when radio was a fad and would melt your brains?

remember when tv was a fad and would melt your brains?

remember when rock and roll would melt your brains?

remember when computers would melt your brains?

remember when video games would melt your brains?

remember when phones made everyone antisocial and made more bullying?

i don't have anything more appropriate than that so.

propaganda!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

VIDEAO GAMES R BAD AND TEACH THE CHILLUN 2 BEHAV BADLEE!!!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

VIDEAO GAMES R BAD AND TEACH THE CHILLUN 2 BEHAV BADLEE!!!

Remember back in the good old days when video games and computers weren't a thing?

so much better before!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

do we have a link to the actual news report?  what about the indie developer? do we know anything about the actual game?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Remember back in the good old days when video games and computers weren't a thing?

so much better before!

Back when I was a child in 1962 we had dirt and sticks as entertainment! These gosh darn kids these days...

(nah fuqq that '98 babies rule)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just now, mr moose said:

do we have a link to the actual news report? 

Soz. Nope.

Just now, mr moose said:

what about the indie developer? do we know anything about the actual game?

The game is called PPlater (I believe) and is developed by 3 people in their spare time as a hobby.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Back when I was a child in 1962 we had dirt and sticks as entertainment! These gosh darn kids these days...

(nah fuqq that '98 babies rule)

back when I was a child in 1916 we didn't even have dirt or sticks to play with!

lucky 1962 folk, WHOOP DE DOO

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, mr moose said:

do we have a link to the actual news report?  what about the indie developer? do we know anything about the actual game?

The developer is still working on his game (according to Facebook) and he's planning on a steam release but he didn't say when

Isn't picking up on GTA like old stuff already? why does it still gives any audience?

Any ways... I wish GTA VI was announced... Los Santos got old... want a new city to play on.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I'd buy this. "All you had to do, is follow the damn Kangaroo CJ" :D

17 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Not sure why Australia isn't mentioned in your post/title at all.

because watching the first 2 seconds of the video would make it clear and a simple google search can find it out

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

because watching the first 2 seconds of the video would make it clear and a simple google search can find it out

Not everyone looks up the source, you shouldn't have to google to make sense of a forum post, that's the point of the forum post in the first place. (to make sense of the news post)

39 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

Not sure why Australia isn't mentioned in your post/title at all.

Adelaide is a state of Australia mate

Member hatred?

I member 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

My point exactly, I doubt everyone knows that, this isnt an AU/NZ forum last time I checked.

Most people have looked at a map

2 hours ago, SC2Mitch said:

planning on a steam release but he didn't say when

Nice, more garbage on Steam.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

2 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

I'm sure they have, and I doubt they have remembered where every city in the entire world is.

Its a good thing Adelaide isn't every city in the world then.