{updates}Youtube posted an open letter to address the recent controversial video that went viral/trending.

28 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I like this. Maybe Linus can elaborate on this, and differentiate between FloatPlane and YouTube in this respect.

It's actually a Luke question, Linus isn't really that involved (aside from hosting the office and having the channel on it) as far as I'm aware.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

11 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Logan Paul and the rest of vloggers roll in dough. YouTube has moved on since it has taken on all the viners.

While I dislike most of the "new vloggers" like the Paul Bros, I don't really dislike Casey Neistat. He has had a few issues, but he would try to be respectful and make a difference. Example: Someone to Casey "You can not film in here" no problem, he shuts off the camera. Logan- mocks officers and security on video by saying he is not recording, lying in their face breaking both laws and decency.

3 hours ago, Inkz said:

While I dislike most of the "new vloggers" like the Paul Bros, I don't really dislike Casey Neistat. He has had a few issues, but he would try to be respectful and make a difference. Example: Someone to Casey "You can not film in here" no problem, he shuts off the camera. Logan- mocks officers and security on video by saying he is not recording, lying in their face breaking both laws and decency.

I've never really watched any of the vloggers, but after just skipping through various of Casey's videos from various dates he seems like a good lad.

Logan Paul just doesn't have the same vibe. Loud, obnoxious, doesn't care for other people. I managed to watch some of the Japan vlog and while he said it's "all about being respectable" that was almost immediately threw out the window by being a loud and annoying douche canoe. Running around in a kimono just because he can I imagine.

With the being said, I imagine Casey has his faults but they're probably not as bad as Logan Paul. Although Casey is near 40 years old so his maturity level is significantly higher than young Logan. Not defending Logan but maybe it has all went to his head.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

YT just cut ties with this international sack of shit @Tech_Dreamer feel free to update the OP

YouTube has cut business ties with Logan Paul amid unrelenting backlash over his recent video showing the hanging body of a dead man in what's known as "suicide forest" in Japan over the holidays.

Google-owned YouTube on Wednesday said in a statement, first reported by the Hollywood Reporter, that "we have decided to remove Logan Paul’s channels from Google Preferred," referring to a program that allows companies to sell ads on the top 5% of platform's content creators.

YouTube added that the company will also not feature Paul in the fourth season of Foursome and his new originals "are on hold."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiarosenbaum/youtube-cuts-business-ties-with-logan-paul

5 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

I wonder what Floatplane would do if this happened on their service?

I'd rather not see the dipshit Paul brothers in Floatplane. 

5 hours ago, DildorTheDecent said:

ogan Paul and the rest of vloggers roll in dough. YouTube has moved on since it has taken on all the viners.

I think we can partly blame Jake and Logan Paul for the death of the Vine app

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

7 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

"We acted accordingly" lol, what? By putting the video on trending? 9_9

So off the mark it's not even funny -_-

100% this. They reviewed the video and decided to keep it up, it was Logan that took it down, not YT!! How is that "acting accordingly" ????

7 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Delete Logan paul, or any Paul's. Unless they tech related.

Oh .. but I don't have access to change my username! :(

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

11 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Oh .. but I don't have access to change my username! :(

@TVwazhere would be sad if you changed your LTT handle. xD

11 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

100% this. They reviewed the video and decided to keep it up, it was Logan that took it down, not YT!!

Meanwhile videos relating to world affairs (which I cannot name) either get demonitized or deleted by YT's algorithm. 

5 hours ago, Inkz said:

he shuts off the camera. Logan- mocks officers and security on video by saying he is not recording, lying in their face breaking both laws and decency.

And he steals music as well and up to this very day, YT hasn't issued a copyright strike on his rip off music video that basically treats women like objects by riding them without handlebars whereas the original one is about empowerment of one's self.

I'm glad Jonny5 ripped Logan Paul so hard in his diss track. Here's my favorite part, "I wanna let you know there's another stage after puberty." :P

Edited by hey_yo_

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

@TVwazhere would be sad if you changed your LTT handle. xD

I think his volunteer work here qualifies as tech related :D 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

31 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'd rather not see the dipshit Paul brothers in Floatplane. 

Oh I totally agree, doesn't change the legitimacy of my query.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

I find it kind of funny how YouTube/Google works. Looking at the YouTubers I follow and how adocalypse has striken them, I could almost think that Google is giving a lot of headroom and freedom for those who have more subscribers. At the moment good examples: Markiplier, some swearing in every video, humor more or less for adults only and nada, apparently as he continues doing what he does no demonetization and what I know no age restrictions. DezGames, doesn't swear, content as child friendly as World of Tanks can be, constant problems with demonetization (might be his accent, because he's from Estonia). L.A. Beast aka skippy62able, currently banned from livestreaming because he ate a bug in livestream (I don't know the specifics, but knowing his livestreams it was most probably a bug meant to be a snack, nothing like eating a living bug). ZombieGoBoom, basicly because adocalypse has cutted their content to bare minimum, because showing weapons hitting plastic zombie heads is a big "no no" to Google (same time gun channels like DemolitionRanch are doing just fine comparing the quality and amount of new content). And then the now infamous Logan Paul (I haven't seen any of his videos), apparently had a free ticket to show acctually dead body on a video and it wasn't demonetized two minutes after the release like Dez's videos have been lately.

Seems like there's some magical subscriber count after which you can basicly do what ever you want, bend the rules and even break them, and YT gives a flying F after the public starts to cry. Below that count, you're minced meat, no matter what you do, you probably maybe about do something that might touch the boundaries of rules and YT is doing it's best to F you up.

If I dig out and make me a new nice tinfoilhat, I could even say that YT/Google is counting that the top earning channels are allowed to do what they want to do because they bring the most money and are excluded from the ongoing nuklear missile flytrap testing. Probably I could go as far as saying that the YT is doing the worst thing any company can do: Trusting their marketing to amateurs. "They are content creators" no they aren't when YT actively endorses, at that point they are on the border of working for YT and what happens when the brown thing from one endorsed creator hits the fan, nothing, because it's YT we are talking about. But just like we probably learned something from the last summer and the whole Wargaming going against it's users and SirFoch making a bit harsh video review while being in the community creator program that WG has (also know as community marketing team), amateurs make the worst and the most untrustworthy marketing team ever. Just like in the case of WG vs. SirFoch, if the company is basicly trusting part of their marketing to some random dude making videos for the internet, the worst thing this company can do is not to ask for preview and veto rights for the videos and can blame only themselves if the amateur makes a video that makes the company look like some crayons eating babies sitting in a pool of the hopefully yellow stuff. In YT case, IMHO the same thing goes, top 500 maybe even top 10 000 creators draw just so great percent of the views that it would be just pure madness not to give them more strict monitoring because any company willing to advertise in YT is more likely to follow those and what kind of image their videos give to the product which ad is shown than what some 1-100k subscribers scratched channel gives. And when YT gives this much slack to someone like Logan Paul while almost systematically demonetizing way smaller channels "just to be sure", I call that "BULLSHIT" (~Penn Jillette).

Update: http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/entertainment/2018/01/youtube-cuts-logan-paul-revenue-stream-after-suicide-video.html

"In light of recent events, we have decided to remove Logan Paul's channels from Google Preferred,"

"Additionally, we will not feature Logan in season four of Foursome and his new originals are on hold."

- YouTube Spokesperson (Unnamed in article)

"Here's a slap on the wrist"

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I've seen way worse shit than this that just gets left by, but I guess this gained more traction due to how infamous he is. Showing on YT trending and such. 

It was shown how he's a bad influence how much his core audience already liked the removed video and would see it completely fine. 

While not banning the channel definitely needs to be be given a big warning to watch out. But yeah all depends on YT since he's one of the "golden goose" of theirs. 

They don't want to just kill off someone big on YT really. 

Same for Twitch too, streamer favoritism is a thing. Some streamer may do some really minor inconvenience that is against ToS while a bigger streamer may do a major thing and not get same punishment but actually lesser one. 

It's actually a thing. These platforms are nothing wihout people so for them makes sense they don't just want to ban top ones really. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |