is my new 3tb HDD failing already? (not even a week)

So I bought my sigs pc just not even a week ago and I got this popup when I turned on my pc yesterday and today.dafuq?  Its brand new. Thats like 150$ down the drain which is a lot for me. If it is failing im gonna make em replace it for me coz this is bullshit. So is this warning seeious or is it okay? Thanks.

post-20170-0-85852300-1386985291_thumb.j

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Yea RMA it like what @nsyedhasan

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Hard drives either die in first 3 months or after 3 years. Google did a study on there ones. I will try and find the link and post later

Aselwyn1

You can go to WD to RMA it.

Its seagate...

But its still working and everything im accessing it right now.

Hate to break it to you it died or lose power or data cable

Maybe its a loose cable or something because it still works. Ill check now.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Its seagate...

But its still working and everything im accessing it right now.

Maybe its a loose cable or something because it still works. Ill check now.

Good i bet its loose

Back it up, RMA.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Back it up, RMA.

Tbh I got nothing on their literally had it for 2 days the os and stuff are on the ssd.

Download speed fan and use the S.M.A.R.T. thing on there to scan for problems. If something comes up the drive is dying and you should just contact WD about it. Shit happens, just so happened to your drive...

Hard drives either die in first 3 months or after 3 years. Google did a study on there ones. I will try and find the link and post later

Do you mean this one (pdf)?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Hate to break it to you it died or lose power or data cable

It hasnt poped up again and ive restarted a few times. Ill do that smart check thing once I come back from work and get my wireless issues fixed up. Guhhh problem after fucking problem. Build a pc thry said itl be fun they said... too bad they dont warn you about the other software and driver issues that apparently I only run into. 

It hasnt poped up again and ive restarted a few times. Ill do that smart check thing once I come back from work and get my wireless issues fixed up. Guhhh problem after fucking problem. Build a pc thry said itl be fun they said... too bad they dont warn you about the other software and driver issues that apparently I only run into. 

Go to SeaGate now!

Quote me to get a reply!

Download this and see what it says ---------> http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

But definetly back the data up, I always recommend that people always have two drives, one in the PC and an external.

That is what I do and I've had a few drives die over the years but I've only lost a small amount of stuff, can't wait to get a USB 3.0 drive because I have around 523GB of data and currently takes me over 7 hours to back the whole thing onto my 640GB 2.5'' external.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Download this and see what it says ---------> http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

But definetly back the data up, I always recommend that people always have two drives, one in the PC and an external.

That is what I do and I've had a few drives die over the years but I've only lost a small amount of stuff, can't wait to get a USB 3.0 drive because I have around 523GB of data and currently takes me over 7 hours to back the whole thing onto my 640GB 2.5'' external.

Can dl that either coz my days was already going fkn great enough  and then this was decided to  shown upon me http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/88298-only-2-websites-work-wireless-problem/  -.-

Check the SMART data with your favorite utility, and if it shows errors, just RMA the drive. Drives get damaged in shipping all the time, it has nothing to do with the quality of the drive or the manufacturer.

If you do find SMART errors, go here: http://www.seagate.com/support/warranty-and-replacements/ and submit an RMA request.

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Download SeaTools from http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/barracuda/ and run a diagnostic on the drive.

Check the SMART data with your favorite utility, and if it shows errors, just RMA the drive. Drives get damaged in shipping all the time, it has nothing to do with the quality of the drive or the manufacturer.

If you do find SMART errors, go here: http://www.seagate.com/support/warranty-and-replacements/ and submit an RMA request.

i did this and the ssdis 100% but the hdd is just good, might try an do a below or just rma then.

Back it up, RMA.

Download speed fan and use the S.M.A.R.T. thing on there to scan for problems. If something comes up the drive is dying and you should just contact WD about it. Shit happens, just so happened to your drive...

if i can get a refund i might get an 1tb evo ssd or hang out with my 250gb till higher capcity ones come out. 

post-20170-0-05880000-1387112201_thumb.j

I think that would be best, I'm not sure what is going on

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate