Forum website slows down from time to time. (possible LTT's website servers issue?)

Howitz

I noticed that the forum website is sometimes rather slow, to a point i can't access anything and it's irresponsive. i can see the UI but i can't interact and it keeps loading, as if the server was not responding.

Every other website i try to access are fine so it's not my internet.

is it possible LTT's server is not the most reliable? anyone else notice this?

1 minute ago, Howitz said:

I noticed that the forum website is sometimes rather slow, to a point i can't access anything and it's irresponsive. i can see the UI but i can't interact and it keeps loading, as if the server was not responding.

It's always fine for me.  It's probably routing through a really congested spot on its way to you and that's slowing things down.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Just now, Ryoku said:

It's always fine for me.  It's probably routing through a really congested spot on its way to you and that's slowing things down.

maybe, i live in quebec.

2 hours ago, Howitz said:

I get this EVERYTiME I visit here, on any given day.

I have internet that consists of 5000kbps or 500Kbps , clearly not enough...

I'm loading Avatars & Thumbnails on everypage and that slows it down to a crawl.
Only when visiting with random files already cached would it load faster.

I came here on Fibre at my mates house using this same PC, INSTANT

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

6 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I get this EVERYTiME I visit here, on any given day.

I have internet that consists of 5000kbps or 500Kbps , clearly not enough...

I'm loading Avatars & Thumbnails on everypage and that slows it down to a crawl.
Only when visiting with random files already cached would it load faster.

I came here on Fibre at my mates house using this same PC, INSTANT

Yeah thing is it's not my internet as every other website works well. It's a rare occurence tho and I just come back 5 mins later.

Just now, Howitz said:

Yeah thing is it's not my internet as every other website works well. It's a rare occurence tho and I just come back 5 mins later.

Every other website works for me too.

But this one is worse as there are so many tiny animated GIF thumbnails to load, MANY connections all trying to be fed...

Even faster internet,.. this site is slower than others, but my point stands, this site has many small things to load on every page and is slower than the typical web browsing experience, once loaded, using the site isn't so bad, the initial load however,... quite annoying.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Probably Cloudflare having issues.

(LMG office server =/= LMG website service =/= LTT forums server =/= Floatplane servers)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

What is the output of https://linustechtips.com/cdn-cgi/trace (you can remove IP if you prefer)?

fl=11f90
h=linustechtips.com
ip=
ts=1515357134.337
visit_scheme=https
uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36
colo=EWR
spdy=h2
http=h2
loc=CA

it's working fine now, it only happens from time to time and i just come back 5 mins later.

11 minutes ago, Howitz said:

fl=11f90
h=linustechtips.com
ip=
ts=1515357134.337
visit_scheme=https
uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/63.0.3239.132 Safari/537.36
colo=EWR
spdy=h2
http=h2
loc=CA

it's working fine now, it only happens from time to time and i just come back 5 mins later.

Next time it's slow, could you run it again? That all looks normal, but in the past when people have had performance issues the colo field has been ORD, which means that they were routed through the Chigaco Cloudflare datacentre, so it would be good to see whether that's the issue again.

HTTP/2 203