Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Looks like the stats servers, the NACL (Chrome Client) and a few other components where having issues over the weekend. Hopefully all sorted out.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Looks like the stats servers, the NACL (Chrome Client) and a few other components where having issues over the weekend. Hopefully all sorted out.

Seems to be working fine right now.

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

Hey, used to boinc quite a bit but decided to move over to FAH for a change and put my resources to some other use.

Joined the LTT team a couple of days ago and after finally getting everything sorted I have done around 560k in last 24 hours on a couple of 970's so pretty happy with the results.

Happy Folding all

Martin

Just joined up today, first work unit should be done in another 5 hours :) was stating 4 days when i started.

Awesome! What type of system are you using and how much are you running it :P

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Just reached 1 million points. :>

Current rig: CPU: i5 4460; MoBo: Asrock H81m-VG4 r2.0; GPU: Zotac GTX 960 Metal Gear Solid; RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 8GB: PSU: Cooler Master VS 500; Case: Cooler Master N200 Window; Heatsink: Cooler Master Hyper 212x; 

Thank you soo much for this helpful Guide and Links i'm now folding in the Linustechtips team with:

Redicat

I7 2600K

GTX 760

ONLY while its daytime and my Computer is ON.

Folding instead of Bitcoin itc :)

Atually folding randomly when i want to...

Just posting an update of my progress.

Have been folding now since Early May 2015 ..so 6 weeksish

Have just exceeded 10M points

Made it to the LTT top 100

Currently ranked 17th in LTT Top 20 producers http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

and currently ranked at around 8000th in the world

Next goal, Silver badge 25M points ...I guess in about 2 months

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Joined today when I found out about it while random surfing. Part of the LTT and almost done with my first WU. My machines handling it pretty well. Glad I could help out for a great cause!  :D

I may or may not be crazy...

My Build: GA Z77X-UD5H (f14) • i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz • 16GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengeance (Using XMP) • EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC • 120GB Kingston SSD for OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 • 250GB 840 EVO for Windows 8.1 • 1TB Seagate Barracuda 
• 2x1TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0

Welcome to all the newest members of the LTT Folding Team!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Thanks @Whaler_99

"We will build a firewall, the firewall will work, the firewall will be successful and if you don't think firewalls work all you have to do is ask Yahoo" 

Just wanted to let all of you guys know that I will probably have to take a break from folding tomorrow or on Tuesday so that I can let my room cool down some now during the summer time.

Will have Folded for 25+ million points at that time :)

Is it just me or are the download links broken on the f@h site? Can't get the client <_<

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

Grats guys, we've just moved into 18th spot :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

as soon as I start folding we'll be 17th ;D

edit: started

Lol @ current production, we'll reach #2 in only 8 years :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_overtake.php?s=&t=223518

@Whaler_99

Reached 25 million tonight. :)

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=667942

Sadly I have to take a break from folding for a while from now on.

See you when you come back!!

4,032,445 points and still no badge  :blush:

They stopped manually keeping track of the stats because there are too many members to keep track of.

And there is no automatic system in place, that is why the FAQ tells you to pm a mod. But whaler is currently

on vacation, so you got to try someone else. I haven't been active on the forum lately... Maybe windspeed36

or Alpenwasser can help you out.

my local conneting inactive. I can't fold anymore. please help
Fixed it my self. reinstal did the trick.

Edited by Jelle Osinga