I have a problem and I need help! Please!

PCFaulty

Alright, So I had been mesing around in the BIOS in my system, and I had over clocked the ram from 2400mhz to a stable 2667mhz, but then I decided to go to 2933 mhz, and it wont boot anymore. I turn my PC on and it runs, no boot loop, but it doesn't even have the logo of the motherboard on the screen. Please help me, I need help ASAP.

clear you cmos. remove the battery or hit the pin outs

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

clear you cmos. remove the battery or hit the pin outs

How do I 'hit the pin outs'?

You should see something that looks like a watch battery on your motherboard. Turn off your computer completely then remove that battery. Press the power button once or twice with it removed to discharge any remaining electricity then put the battery back in.

This will reset your BIOS settings back to default and your should be able to put the RAM back on the stable speed.

Just now, PCFaulty said:

How do I 'hit the pin outs'?

what mobo do you have everyone makes their pin outs special 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, Minotaur10 said:

You should see something that looks like a watch battery on your motherboard. Turn off your computer completely then remove that battery. Press the power button once or twice with it removed to discharge any remaining electricity then put the battery back in.

This will reset your BIOS settings back to default and your should be able to put the RAM back on the stable speed.

You can actually do that? Will try it now. Thanks. Tell you how it went in 10 mins.

Just now, GDRRiley said:

what mobo do you have everyone makes their pin outs special 

AsRock A350M-DGS

1 minute ago, PCFaulty said:

You can actually do that? Will try it now. Thanks. Tell you how it went in 10 mins.

yeah its easier 

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

yeah its easier 

It is boot looping, and how long should I do it for?

2 minutes ago, PCFaulty said:

It is boot looping, and how long should I do it for?

A couple restarts are to be expected. You can just let it do that for a bit, if it takes longer than 5 mins before you boot up properly then you may have broken some hardware.

2 minutes ago, Minotaur10 said:

A couple restarts are to be expected. You can just let it do that for a bit, if it takes longer than 5 mins before you boot up properly then you may have broken some hardware.

How can it boot up properly without the CMOS Battery? Also, when it finishes doing all the restarts, should it be on for a long amount of time?

5 minutes ago, PCFaulty said:

How can it boot up properly without the CMOS Battery? Also, when it finishes doing all the restarts, should it be on for a long amount of time?

you're suppose to put it back in

Just now, spartaman64 said:

you're suppose to put it back in

After how many minutes?

Just now, spartaman64 said:

i usually just take it out and then put it back immediately lol

Oh. Well, I tried that lots and that hadn't worked, so I am trying to discharge the electricity from the CMOS Battry Holder. I can't have broken hardware, because if I do, I had a GTX 1060 that costed £200 and memory that costed so much, the build is £700 and I can't afford to lose it.

Just now, PCFaulty said:

Oh. Well, I tried that lots and that hadn't worked, so I am trying to discharge the electricity from the CMOS Battry Holder. I can't have broken hardware, because if I do, I had a GTX 1060 that costed £200 and memory that costed so much, the build is £700 and I can't afford to lose it.

if something is broken its probably just the motherboard or ram. but once you remove the batter the cmos memory should get cleared. try unplugging your computer if you havent done and remove the battery

2 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

if something is broken its probably just the motherboard or ram. but once you remove the battery the cmos memory should get cleared. try unplugging your computer if you havent done and remove the battery

Yeah I did that multiple times. Does Amazon come with warranty?

3 minutes ago, PCFaulty said:

This is how you are to fully clear the CMOS

1. shut down the PC
  2. unplug the PC's power cord, either from the wall socket or the from where the cord attaches to the PSU in your case
  3. take out the RAM, please remember the order and slots you took it out from. This step is cor most failed OC attemps
  4. remove the GPU if it is blocking the battery if not forget this step
  5. remove the MOBO's battery
  6. press the power button with no power cord in the PSU
  7. wait about 1 minute
  8. put back in the MOBO's battery
  9. put back in the RAM and GPU if you took out the GPU too
  10. plug in the PC's power cord
  11. press the power button you will then be directed to boot into the BIOS to make changes the main changes are really the date and time, do that and then press 710 to save and exit the BIOS
  12. wait for the PC to reboot and go into the BIOS
  13. make sure all is running good
  14. then go back to OCing

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Just now, PCFaulty said:

yes if it was sold by amazon. dont tell them that you overclocked the ram lol. if you have another ram you should test if it would boot with them because idk if this is a motherboard or ram problem

Amazon has a 1 month no questions asked return policy (for every PC part that I've ever ordered from them that I can remember). I'm rather surprised that doing that to your RAM messed up your computer that badly. I would turn the PC off, flip PSU switch, try reseating the RAM, ensure that everything is plugged in properly (the usual go-to's). Then, turn your PC back on (after resetting PSU). Does it POST? If so, then immediately start hitting the keys to open the BIOS. If not, let us know!

3 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Amazon has a 1 month no questions asked return policy (for every PC part that I've ever ordered from them that I can remember). I'm rather surprised that doing that to your RAM messed up your computer that badly. I would turn the PC off, flip PSU switch, try reseating the RAM, ensure that everything is plugged in properly (the usual go-to's). Then, turn your PC back on (after resetting PSU). Does it POST? If so, then immediately start hitting the keys to open the BIOS. If not, let us know!

It wasn't posting and I had reseated the RAM, But I am trying another tactic

It wasn't posting and I had reseated the RAM, But I am trying another tactic

Well, worst case scenario, I'm confident that your CPU, PSU, GPU, and storage are safe from any damage. The devices at risk for actual damage are the board and RAM in this case. Though again, just overclocking the RAM shouldn't cause actual damage, unless you had voltages set to some ridiculously high level and killed the devices that way. Generally, if you overclock too high (and don't change the voltages), the system will just crash. In that event, going to the CMOS (if its REALLY bad) will fix it, but in most situations, you can just go back to the BIOS and scale it down. 

Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with that specific board, so I am not 100% positive. Keep us posted. Hopefully it does not come down to doing an RMA, but that may be the necessary action. 

12 minutes ago, Leonard said:

This is how you are to fully clear the CMOS

1. shut down the PC
  2. unplug the PC's power cord, either from the wall socket or the from where the cord attaches to the PSU in your case
  3. take out the RAM, please remember the order and slots you took it out from. This step is cor most failed OC attemps
  4. remove the GPU if it is blocking the battery if not forget this step
  5. remove the MOBO's battery
  6. press the power button with no power cord in the PSU
  7. wait about 1 minute
  8. put back in the MOBO's battery
  9. put back in the RAM and GPU if you took out the GPU too
  10. plug in the PC's power cord
  11. press the power button you will then be directed to boot into the BIOS to make changes the main changes are really the date and time, do that and then press 710 to save and exit the BIOS
  12. wait for the PC to reboot and go into the BIOS
  13. make sure all is running good
  14. then go back to OCing

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY FINE, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH

4 minutes ago, CrippledROBOT said:

Well, worst case scenario, I'm confident that your CPU, PSU, GPU, and storage are safe from any damage. The devices at risk for actual damage are the board and RAM in this case. Though again, just overclocking the RAM shouldn't cause actual damage, unless you had voltages set to some ridiculously high level and killed the devices that way. Generally, if you overclock too high (and don't change the voltages), the system will just crash. In that event, going to the CMOS (if its REALLY bad) will fix it, but in most situations, you can just go back to the BIOS and scale it down. 

Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with that specific board, so I am not 100% positive. Keep us posted. Hopefully it does not come down to doing an RMA, but that may be the necessary action. 

Everything works. Everything is in 100% full shape, and everything 100% works after 3 whole days of trying.

Just now, PCFaulty said:

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH. EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY FINE, THANK YOU SO SO MUCH

Just remember the step if you plan to do any more OCing and also look in your BIOS for the save feature, if there is one, to save you OC settings to either a flash drive or in the BIOS itself but note that when you properly clear the CMOS it will erase any saved configs that are saved to the BIOS itself.

Enjoy!!

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.