Xeon E3 line to be renamed to "Xeon Entry" (Coffee Lake)

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

*Thinks back to when Celerons were scalable*

And Pentiums! I have a dual P3 system running right now :P Remember when Pentium was the top of the line best you could get no cuts cpus! :D 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

then why not rename the e3 to i7 ecc

They already renamed "Xeon E3" to "Xeon Entry". Intel should merge their non-scalable Workstation processors and desktop processors into one product line like AMD did. I'm pretty sure all AMD Ryzen CPUs support ECC memory but that is dependent on the motherboard as well. 

15 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

And Pentiums! I have a dual P3 system running right now :P Remember when Pentium was the top of the line best you could get no cuts cpus! :D 

Celerons weren't supposed to have it in the first place...but they did anyway.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's just a name, they can call them "gold barry's" for all I care, So long as we can compare them to every other CPU on the market and choose the best one for our needs it really doesn't matter.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 hours ago, TheCherryKing said:

They already renamed "Xeon E3" to "Xeon Entry". Intel should merge their non-scalable Workstation processors and desktop processors into one product line like AMD did. I'm pretty sure all AMD Ryzen CPUs support ECC memory but that is dependent on the motherboard as well. 

I miss the days when they used a simple letter and number scheme for Xeons.

4YNH2j.jpg

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers-data-center.html

Simple and efficient, wtf Intel why change from that.

7 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Because they're i7s with ECC support and... that's about it.

And i5s. The entry level E3 (yes, the Xeon entry level Entry) always lacked HT support.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

6 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

And i5s. The entry level E3 (yes, the Xeon entry level Entry) always lacked HT support.

That's only for the entry branded versions of the entry level cpu's in the entry series.   The other entry level entry branded entry series CPU's are not in the same entry tier and thus are only entry level and therefore shouldn't have HT.  Unless of course they have an entry level version of HT.  O.o

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That's only for the entry branded versions of the entry level cpu's in the entry series.   The other entry level entry branded entry series CPU's are not in the same entry tier and thus are only entry level and therefore shouldn't have HT.  Unless of course they have an entry level version of HT.  O.o

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I dont even care about the names... I am just bothered by the fact that they no longer support at least the E3 Xeons on B, H, Z motherboards...

There was no technical reason to do it. There was another, though: $$$$$$$

Just now, NelizMastr said:

There was no technical reason to do it. There was another, though: $$$$$$$

Yeah, they should make separate socket for Celeron, then another for Pentium, another for i3, ... etc... they could have be even more rich than they are right now!

If at least all the C motherboards for Xeon supported ECC for it to make sense... but nooooo.

13 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Sooooo RIP bronze, silver, gold, and platinum? I don't even understand their branding anymore.

Intel:

maxresdefault.jpg

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

12 hours ago, tmcclelland455 said:

(or E7x because Intel likes X)

Apple likes X too.

Intel makes me think that 'Ryzen' is actually a good name.

>When Nvidia is the only hardware manu with good names (Deals with graphics)

>Intel needs an i9 7980xe to process their naming scheme. (Deals with cpus)

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Nothing says "this CPU is a budget grade limited piece of hardware" like slapping "Entry" on it. Doesn't sound professional so all.

Why are we putting Xeon Entry processors intro it workstation processors? Let's get the Xeon Workstation CPU instead... Oh wait, that costs a lot more...

3 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Nothing says "this CPU is a budget grade limited piece of hardware" like slapping "Entry" on it. Doesn't sound professional so all.

Why are we putting Xeon Entry processors intro it workstation processors? Let's get the Xeon Workstation CPU instead... Oh wait, that costs a lot more...

The Intel Core processors should have ECC memory support and the Xeon Workstation line should be eliminated. There are too many product lines! The Scalable Xeons support multiprocessing but more than one of them does not have to be used at the same time. There are some single socket LGA 3647 motherboards on the market which begs the question "Why the hell do LGA 2066 Xeons Exist?".

On 4.12.2017 at 12:28 AM, tyler020705 said:

Usual Intel. Terrible naming schemes.

Well usually it's been pretty straight forward. But all has changed with the silver, gold, plat shit... :/

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean