iOS 11.1 autocorrects "i" to "A?"

Master Disaster

Apple have confirmed the bug exists, the second major bug in iOS 11 in a week.

Basically if you enter the character "i" into phone it gets replaced with "A?"

Some iPhone users have been left frustrated after an update to the iOS operating system started inexplicably auto-correcting the letter "i" to a capital "a" and a question mark.

The affected version of iOS, 11.1, is available on iPhones and iPads.

"I have a $1,150 [£877] telephone that can't read the letter 'i'," wrote Mike Murphy, a technology reporter for news website Quartz, on Twitter.

DNevletXcAA_82M.jpg

Applehave put out a temporary fix for the issue that involves editing keyboard settings

Apple has described a temporary fix for the problem on its website.

The fix involves editing the keyboard settings in iOS so that the right character, either an upper or lower case "i", is used.

Apple has said the issue will be fixed in a future software update.

Not all iOS 11.1 users have been affected, though there are plenty of comments online from those who say they have experienced the problem.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41886969

Lmao Apple, first the calculator bug now this. Did you replace your coders with monkeys?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Apple have confirmed the bug exists, the second major bug in iOS 11 in a week.

Basically if you enter the character "i" into phone it gets replaced with "A?"

DNevletXcAA_82M.jpg

Applehave put out a temporary fix for the issue that involves editing keyboard settings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41886969

Lmao Apple, first the calculator bug now this. Did you replace your coders with monkeys?

I always knew Apple had shit hardware, but this is a new low for them lol. 

I use swiftkey for the most part but switched to the stock keyboard to try to reproduce this error but nope.

Either Im not affected or the issue has been fixed in the 11.2 beta. I dont currently have any phones with 11.1 nearby so cant test this further. :( 

An angry mob approaches...

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

20 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

its-not-that-your-opinion-doesnt-matter-

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

I'm just going to sit back and watch the  fanboy war that's about to start....

On topic though, qc at Apple has gone down the tank recently. I work with 5-6 new iPads a day and theres a ton of little glitches and bugs recently

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

3 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

R.A.P.

Rowdy As Phuck

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I have to say that as a lifelong android user who recently got his first iPhone that this hasn't been the best first impression; security flaws, a broken calculator, and now this. I love the app optimization but Apple should have patched this in a mini update ASAP. 

1 hour ago, said:

You do know Apple had some of the best hardware each gen? I have literally no idea why you would think that. I am a Android only user but give credit where credit is due. 

Also is this really news worthy...?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

You do know Apple had some of the best hardware each gen? I have literally no idea why you would think that. I am a Android only user but give credit where credit is due. 

Show me one device that apple is selling that has good hardware for a fair price, and I'll show you ten that have the same if not better hardware for less than apple. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

But dude, every bug ever is deliberate sabotage and planned obsolesense! I've gotta tell Washington! /s /joke 

but seriously this seems like apple is rushing IOS updates without doing proper QA

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, <Aleks> said:

Show me one device that apple is selling that has good hardware for a fair price, and I'll show you ten that have the same if not better hardware for less than apple. 

I'm not an Apple fanboy but iPhone 8 and iPhone X have amazing hardware.

The only real problem with iPhones is IOS. But that's sort of being fixed.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

I'm not an Apple fanboy but iPhone 8 and iPhone X have amazing hardware.

The only real problem with iPhones is IOS. But that's sort of being fixed.

I really don't see anything good about it. I'm not a fanboy either, but by no means do I dislike Apple I just see that their products are overpriced. 

2 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

Im a lifelong android user, but android has nothing on the 8. It blows away any xynos or however the hell you spell it and any snapdragon. 

Also apple interacts with the hardware so well less powerful hardware will always perform better than a higher powered android soc

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

>using the stock keyboard.

What a fucking pleb. Get out normies REEEEEE

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, Ginger137 said:

Im a lifelong android user, but android has nothing on the 8. It blows away any xynos or however the hell you spell it and any snapdragon. 

Also apple interacts with the hardware so well less powerful hardware will always perform better than a higher powered android soc

What? Apple can't make hardware that isn't powerful run better, it doesn't work like that, the third-parties that publish their Apps/programs are responsible for optimizing them.

Just now, <Aleks> said:

What? Apple can't make hardware that isn't powerful run better, it doesn't work like that, the third-parties that publish their Apps/programs are responsible for optimizing them.

Apple apps are always more optimized. That's why their while a11 or whatever the new chips name is that incorporates a gpu in runs so well. 

Just now, Ginger137 said:

Apple apps are always more optimized. That's why their while a11 or whatever the new chips name is that incorporates a gpu in runs so well. 

That doesn't happen thanks to Apple, that happens because the developers of those apps have to do that. Apple doesn't help them. Your point is invalid. 

18 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇

I saw that, but I wouldn't even bother putting it into beta. They're probably going to add features for the next iOS update thus why it's in Beta, but I would have liked to have seen a 11.1.1 patch just for bug fixes.

Huh, I cannot replicate and I've just updated to iOS 11.1

In other news, the calculator is still broken so that 1+2+3 = 24

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

34 minutes ago, said:

That doesn't happen thanks to Apple, that happens because the developers of those apps have to do that. Apple doesn't help them. Your point is invalid. 

Dev tools, Apple has to agree to every app on their store, allowing them to be forced to be optimized, and the whole way that ios runs is more streamlined than Android can hope to be. 

Android has to built for lots of hardware, Apple builds specifically for a few and can tweak ios to best perform with that hardware. 

Android devolopers will never build only for the s8, note 8, v30, etc. 

39 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

We are not talking good hardware for fair price are we? You said Apple had shit hardware, in those words. If you want the evidence is everywhere. It costs the same as Samsung, HTC and LG flagships, and every single benchmarks puts it on pair, slightly behind or slightly in front of their Snapdragon or Exynos counterparts. For starters, no device still comes even close to their storage speed, so many years later. I will not lie, they lack in some parts, like phone resolution which is a big no from me, but their chips, storage, and memory are top notch, and there is no arguing there, or do you want me to link reviews from androidauthority, gsm and such?

One device? iPhone 6S. My gf has one. When it was released it was a great device, one of best devices 2015. For many people it is a perfect device and I recommended it quite a lot. I still do if you get a good price. I would never buy it though. 

Now we can argue that all flagships are overpriced, but we're not talking that.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.