iOS 11.1 autocorrects "i" to "A?"

Master Disaster
47 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

The only real problem with iPhones is IOS. But that's sort of being fixed.

Even as a downside it still has so many advances when compared to other OS. I don't think I need to mention optimization and updates anymore at this point. Even their MMS/internet settings (APN and such) are much better than from any other manufacturer since the phone installs them from Apple servers, you don't have to get the conf message which doesn't always come through. But that also has a huge, huge downside which is for a different discussion.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Basically if you enter the character "i" into phone it gets replaced with "A?"

You’re typing it wrong! It is a feature.

37 minutes ago, Ginger137 said:

Dev tools, Apple has to agree to every app on their store, allowing them to be forced to be optimized, and the whole way that ios runs is more streamlined than Android can hope to be. 

Android has to built for lots of hardware, Apple builds specifically for a few and can tweak ios to best perform with that hardware. 

Android devolopers will never build only for the s8, note 8, v30, etc. 

Lol Apple will allow any app to be on the store, I'm pretty sure the was a jailbreak tool on there once. 

17 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

We are not talking good hardware for fair price are we? You said Apple had shit hardware, in those words. If you want the evidence is everywhere. It costs the same as Samsung, HTC and LG flagships, and every single benchmarks puts it on pair, slightly behind or slightly in front of their Snapdragon or Exynos counterparts. For starters, no device still comes even close to their storage speed, so many years later. I will not lie, they lack in some parts, like phone resolution which is a big no from me, but their chips, storage, and memory are top notch, and there is no arguing there, or do you want me to link reviews from androidauthority, gsm and such?

One device? iPhone 6S. My gf has one. When it was released it was a great device, one of best devices 2015. For many people it is a perfect device and I recommended it quite a lot. I still do if you get a good price. I would never buy it though. 

Now we can argue that all flagships are overpriced, but we're not talking that.

The iPhone 6s was never worth what it was sold for, it was the same as the 6 with a different screen and a slightly improved CPU. I'm not talking about only phones, I'm saying Apple as a company. 

Not even comparing flagship phones, just normal smartphones. When The iPhone 6s came out I ditched iPhones and bought a OnePlus One for £250, the was nothing that the iPhone did better or that the OnePlus couldn't do that the iPhone could. iPhones and generally Apple products are not worth it. 

I'm not trying to hate on Apple but do your research or go try two phones at the same time from different price ranges, in everyday use the is no difference, well except how much it costs you for basically the same experience.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:22 PM, said:

The iPhone 6s was never worth what it was sold for, it was the same as the 6 with a different screen and a slightly improved CPU. I'm not talking about only phones, I'm saying Apple as a company. 

Not even comparing flagship phones, just normal smartphones. When The iPhone 6s came out I ditched iPhones and bought a OnePlus One for £250, the was nothing that the iPhone did better or that the OnePlus couldn't do that the iPhone could. iPhones and generally Apple products are not worth it. 

I'm not trying to hate on Apple but do your research or go try two phones at the same time from different price ranges, in everyday use the is no difference, well except how much it costs you for basically the same experience.

Funny but I had my fair share of experience with pretty much every flagship each year, ever since Galaxy S was released (except OPO and OPT, and few Notes, those are rare). iPhone 6 was not anything special, I could not recommend that to anyone, 6S had more things under it's sleeve except the chip. It's funny you should say they are not worth it, because many other phones are not worth it either since they cost the same, like Galaxy S6 for instance. There is also a matter of their software, which in some stuff is much superior to android (updates frequency and longevity and optimization), as well as their customer support (although LG support proved for me personally to be better, as an exception to the rule). Days when iPhones costed much more than the competition are far over. Saying the are not worth in general for people is actually pretty wrong. Also that is a premium product, so bang for the buck is not the most important thing there, even though both you and look mostly at that. 

Now for Apple software and hardware in general, that is highly subjective. For instance, few of my friends who are professional artists and work with audio for living swear on the MBP since it has, according to them (and pretty much every single artist I saw online), the best solution for audio processing, with the least headache. That is outside my area of knowledge though.

Same for some graphics designers that I know and the iMac, but I've seen a few of them moving away to "non glossy solutions". Also the old screens had quite a few issues, new panels apparently fixed them. Also if you wanted the ultimate 5K resolution and you needed it for work, Apple was the only way to go about a year ago. Niche market at best, but market nevertheless. 

When my gf, just last week, was buying an ultrabook, and out of all I choose a 13'' MBP instead of XPS13 which I find to be a superior device all around and would buy for myself, but doesn't suit her needs. First from horrible windows scalling to all tweaks that she would need to do with Windows, while she pretty much has everything sorted out on MBP. And XPS costed pretty much the same as the MBP with Touch bar, around $250 more than the non touch bar model. 

I would like to mention tablets as well, since Apple had hands down the best tablets on the market for a really long time. I had few expensive toys for some time, like the $1300 Samsung Ativ Tab XE700T1C when it was released, and while it was a really expensive combo of tablet/ultrabook, it (and others) were nowhere near as good as iPads. Haven't checked tablet marked ever since we got ourselves an iPad Air 2, which still works brilliant. 

So yeah, what I want to say is that there is a market for Apple products, for some of them to be more specific, and I can absolutely justify them. Many people need the simplicity and OS stability which is where Apple takes the crown, and that is most of the market if we're honest. Excluding the Apple fanboys, which we all know, many of their customers do actually buy them as rational decisions, and for many people, they make sense, even when looking at price to performance ratio when compared to other competition. I will not lie, iPhones specifically still lack in some functions over Android, let's not kid ourselves, but in some areas they are ahead of it. I don't want to talk about their mice, keyboards and such things, those are pure garbage.

I would also dare to say that Apple, out of all big name companies out there, is by far the most focused and committed to actually making their users protected in terms of security. In their targeted markets that is.

And again, I would not buy their products (excluding the iPad that I own) since they do not suit me, with everything said here.

Sorry for wall of text. :ph34r:

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

How I sometimes feel about iOS... Or general app development in general.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

4 hours ago, CommandMan7 said:

Huh, I cannot replicate and I've just updated to iOS 11.1

In other news, the calculator is still broken so that 1+2+3 = 24

me neither. i have never came across such bug and I updated my phone as soon as the new version goes live. That calculator bug is funny tho. so easy to replicate

3 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

There's plenty of changes under the hood between the 6 and 6S btw. I know. I own the 6S. And of course, to each his own whether their purchase is worth or not. I know mine does. Still blazing fast and working until today. 620gbp money worth spent on something that works so seamlessly between my Macbook,iPad and iCloud. And keep in mind that everyone's experiences are different with their choice of phone. Throwing everything under the same use case/scenario like yours is a shallow thing to say.

and every year i wonder: why do they even bother with the open beta tests during throughout summer and still come out with flaws like this

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

updates

Nothing beats weekly open source updates (LineageOS)! But I guess that doesn't matter as you won't buy a device with it preinstalled (First party stores) and it isn't provided by a OEM.

1 hour ago, atrash said:

me neither. i have never came across such bug and I updated my phone as soon as the new version goes live. That calculator bug is funny tho. so easy to replicate

There's plenty of changes under the hood between the 6 and 6S btw. I know. I own the 6S. And of course, to each his own whether their purchase is worth or not. I know mine does. Still blazing fast and working until today. 620gbp money worth spent on something that works so seamlessly between my Macbook,iPad and iCloud. And keep in mind that everyone's experiences are different with their choice of phone. Throwing everything under the same use case/scenario like yours is a shallow thing to say.

What changes? I have the 6s, it really isn’t anything noticeable except for the silly screen they added.

6 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

Show me one device that apple is selling that has good hardware for a fair price, and I'll show you ten that have the same if not better hardware for less than apple. 

I mean, since you asked...

108ad7660ea847f987688758d54ec72e.png

The A11 Bionic is a pretty beastly chip, the Snapdragon 835 doesn't even comes close in performance. Makes me question why Samsung and Google are selling phones with a shittier CPU for the same price.

So in summary, hardware isn't everything and stop bashing Apple like every other "anti-sheep" Windows/Android sheep.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

I mean, since you asked...

108ad7660ea847f987688758d54ec72e.png

The A11 Bionic is a pretty beastly chip, the Snapdragon 835 doesn't even comes close in performance. Makes me question why Samsung and Google are selling phones with a shittier CPU for the same price.

So in summary, hardware isn't everything and stop bashing Apple like every other "anti-sheep" Windows/Android sheep.

I’m not a Windows/Android sheep, I actually dislike Windows and some versions of android. But Apples products are overpriced in general, I’m not talking about only their phones. Just because Samsung and Google overprice their devices doesn’t justify Apple doing it. 

Just now, <Aleks> said:

I’m not a Windows/Android sheep, I actually dislike Windows and some versions of android. But Apples products are overpriced in general, I’m not talking about only their phones. Just because Samsung and Google overprice their devices doesn’t justify Apple doing it. 

So what you’re saying is that you’ve decided against valuing software and build quality in a device and go entirely for the hardware specifications.

That’s a horrible way to buy anything.

Just now, Suika said:

So what you’re saying is that you’ve decided against valuing software and build quality in a device and go entirely for the hardware specifications.

That’s a horrible way to buy anything.

No not really, how’d you come to that conclusion? I feel like you’re replying to just boost your post count now. 

How does this even happen!?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

No not really, how’d you come to that conclusion? I feel like you’re replying to just boost your post count now. 

So far, what I’m seeing is you bashing Apple and accusing them of overpricing their products (in a thread not really related to that) with no evidence to suggest that you’re even remotely correct.

You suggest Apple devices other than their phones are overpriced but are placing absolutely no value on the software, build quality, support, ecosystem, product compatibility, and are focusing on raw specifications, which is where I built that original conclusion. Nobody builds devices or software like Apple, so you have no comparison as to where Apple should be pricing their products at asides from what the market is willing to pay (and it’s plenty willing).

17 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

How does this even happen!?

which what happen? the I to A issue or the thread derailment before it even gets the end of the first page with the OP not even being talked about anymore?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

which what happen? the I to A issue or the thread derailment before it even gets the end of the first page with the OP not even being talked about anymore?

oh xD the i -> a issue.  I mean... I just can't understand what could have caused this

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

8 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

I always knew Apple had shit hardware, but this is a new low for them lol. 

Apple has good looking hardware. OS and specs aren't really that great.

8 minutes ago, Suika said:

So far, what I’m seeing is you bashing Apple and accusing them of overpricing their products (in a thread not really related to that) with no evidence to suggest that you’re even remotely correct.

You suggest Apple devices other than their phones are overpriced but are placing absolutely no value on the software, build quality, support, ecosystem, product compatibility, and are focusing on raw specifications, which is where I built that original conclusion. Nobody builds devices or software like Apple, so you have no comparison as to where Apple should be pricing their products at asides from what the market is willing to pay (and it’s plenty willing).

lol nobody builds devices like Apple, yeah I have to agree the build quality is pretty bad, my iPad has dents all over from using it on the go, cant speak about iPhones as i always had a good case on them. 

A personally don't see why this is news when it's gonna be fixed and you just just not auto-correct it, or edit the dictionary. A think it would be news if you couldn't get around it, like they forced you to use a flawed auto-correct.  

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

5 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

lol nobody builds devices like Apple, yeah I have to agree the build quality is pretty bad, my iPad has dents all over from using it on the go, cant speak about iPhones as i always had a good case on them. 

I suppose your sample size of an iPad trumps my sample size of a 2011 MacBook Pro, 2010 MacBook Air, 3 iPads, an iPad Air, 5 iPhone 7 Plus’, an iPhone 7, 3 iPhone 6s, 5 iPhone 5S’, 3 iPhone 4S’, and an iPod Touch from forever ago.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

I suppose your sample size of an iPad trumps my sample size of a 2011 MacBook Pro, 2010 MacBook Air, 3 iPads, an iPad Air, 5 iPhone 7 Plus’, an iPhone 7, 3 iPhone 6s, 5 iPhone 5S’, 3 iPhone 4S’, and an iPod Touch from forever ago.

Never owned a Mac but I got 2 iPads, 4 iPods (Touch), 2 iPods (shuffle) ,Multiple of every iPhone from the original to the 6s. I dont see why it matters what we own, one device is enough to see if a company makes a good product that’s worth your money. 

6 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

The single threaded performance of the A9 is still ~10% ahead of any android phone SoC (Disclaimer: Geekbench, take with a cubic parsec of salt).

Although not the best value, iPhones generally provide a consistent experience , your battery will not be drained suddenly because your phone thinks it is physically connected to a computer, no random crashes or non functioning apps. If there is a feature it will be consistent (For iOS 11 that seems to be bugs and frame drops ;) )

Final Cut is one of the most enticing macOS exclusive programs, performing much better than alternatives such as Premiere on a constant set of hardware. Furthermore Apple seems to be one of the only consumer orientated manufacturers who calibrate their monitors consistently (vital for colour sensitive work).

9 hours ago, wcreek said:

Why can't Andro?d have these ?ssues REEEEEEEEE

M?stakes happen, eh?

sorry using an ?phone

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´