Twitter Employee Shuts Down President Trump's Twitter Account On His Last Day Of Work

Max_Settings

Have you ever quit and job and thought about doing something stupid on your last day? Well one Twitter employee did yesterday, he shut down President Donald Trump's Twitter account for 11 minutes. The account has since been restored with twitter releasing this statement.

In a series of tweets issued by Twitter’s Government and Elections team, the company first blamed “human error,” then attributed the move on a rogue employee who used their last day on the job to boot the president off the service.

59fc80866a8e2_Tweet1.PNG.c5ee0d1b3fbeb7ae70f5e67709869dd6.PNG

59fc80872276b_Tweet2.PNG.ed2b397de50bb3bcb4d924c563ed79a5.PNG

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/2/16600732/donald-trump-twitter-account-gone-realdonaldtrump

(Also don't make this politcal)

Too bad it wasn't longer.

I heard about this this morning. I love what happened. That's what I would do on my last day at Twitter. I still wonder how this guy was able to do this, surely he would have had to have an agreement with other staff to take down any account, let alone the Presidents! Anyway, thanks for posting the tweets for us all to marvel at.

Another one

Thanks for reading, if I got something wrong, please let me know by replying to this comment.

Want to see more tech and photography opinions from me? Here's a convenient link ;):

Sorry, the website is still being set up. I'll try to get it finished as soon as possible.

Thanks!

What would the legal consequences for something like this be? I'd do something like that, but I don't know how things would go legally. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

What would the legal consequences for something like this be? I'd do something like that, but I don't know how things would go legally. 

Chances are, it would. In a way, it stopped freedom of speech, as it shut him down for no "reason". In my opinion, he did the right thing.

Another one

Thanks for reading, if I got something wrong, please let me know by replying to this comment.

Want to see more tech and photography opinions from me? Here's a convenient link ;):

Sorry, the website is still being set up. I'll try to get it finished as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Come to think of it, while it can be funny, it is also quite concerning to name a few.

Do Twitter employees have the power to edit tweets? I hope not...

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, Sam. said:

Chances are, it would. In a way, it stopped freedom of speech, as it shut him down for no "reason". In my opinion, he did the right thing.

That makes sense. I wish it had lasted longer than 11 minutes though. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

What if they did this to the POTUS account?

I like Trump (personality etc). I don’t agree with everything he does but whatever. I find this sort of funny. 

If they did it to POTUS, wouldn’t that get them into real trouble? It’s a Twitter account after all, but it’s the presidents...

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Come to think of it, while it can be funny, it is also quite concerning to name a few.

Do Twitter employees have the power to edit tweets? I hope not...

I think this inadvertently means Twitter has to explain how an employee is able to single-handedly shut up Donald Trump. I hope he was really high up, if not, I don't think Twitter has a good policy for deleting tweets. 

Another one

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

What if they did this to the POTUS account?

I like Trump (personality etc). I don’t agree with everything he does but whatever. I find this sort of funny. 

If they did it to POTUS, wouldn’t that get them into real trouble? It’s a Twitter account after all, but it’s the presidents...

Yeah, like him or not he is the leader of the country, and to shut him down like that is plain wrong.

8 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Might end up being a spit on your grave situation: "No jury in the world would convict him"

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Yeah, like him or not he is the leader of the country, and to shut him down like that is plain wrong.

Exactly. I don’t even think it matters about him being president. Shutting down anyone’s account without a legitimate reason is just being a douche bag.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700  

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070

MOBO: ASUS Z370-F STRIX  

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133MHz

12 minutes ago, Sam. said:

It would most likely have consequences, but I doubt it would be about freedom of speech. As for doing the right thing, this has the impact of a stupid joke at best. Trump definitely doesn't lack ways to spread his words, and at this point he sort of got where he wanted anyway, so even a permanent twitter ban wouldn't do anything. And let's face it, he's not the only one (nor the worst) who posts stupid things on twitter. I just wish people ignored tweets in general, nothing of true importance will even come of them and they are hardly newsworthy.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

It would most likely have consequences, but I doubt it would be about freedom of speech. As for doing the right thing, this has the impact of a stupid joke at best. Trump definitely doesn't lack ways to spread his words, and at this point he sort of got where he wanted anyway, so even a permanent twitter ban wouldn't do anything. And let's face it, he's not the only one (nor the worst) who posts stupid things on twitter. I just wish people ignored tweets in general, nothing of true importance will even come of them and they are hardly newsworthy.

I agree, he's done his damage and he's using it as a way to show off his power and wealth.

Another one

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Sam. said:

I agree, he's done his damage and he's using it as a way to show off his power and wealth.

see below

21 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

10 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Remember, if they shut down Obama's personal account, the perpetrator would be hung by the media and suicided with two shots in the head.

17 minutes ago, EvilCat70 said:

Exactly. I don’t even think it matters about him being president. Shutting down anyone’s account without a legitimate reason is just being a douche bag.

The fact it was political, is honestly the shittiest reason to shut down someone's account.

Ah silicon valley / San Francisco, maybe it's always been this way but it's gotten worse I think.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

7 minutes ago, presence06 said:

Wouldn't that be if Hillary Clinton's account was shut down? ;)

Well let's be honest, it wouldn't be hard to imagine the Obamas having a little talk with the Clintons about certain matters;) 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, wcreek said:

Well let's be honest, it wouldn't be hard to imagine the Obamas having a little talk with the Clintons about certain matters;) 

Ha, I guess you're right.  "accidents" do happen I guess.