Can you combine the power of two pcs?

Ashiella

Im bad with titles. I have 3 monitors, i have a 4690k i want to use for gaming and a x5650 i want to use for, everything else. Have it act like one single rig. So if i cant combine the power and tell them to do certain things like a cluster, do i have to get synergy for mouse and file movement and a mixer for audio? I listen to music while i game, and talk on discord, to be handled by the 5650, and the game on the 4690k, how would i get this to work at all? Is it possible? Friends that hopefully arent useless aid me! @M.Yurizaki @Princess Cadence @L.Lawliet

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

not easily. you theoretically could but I have never heard it done before. 

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Like that, no.

If we went the route of render servers and whatnot, then you're not far off.

Just now, GDRRiley said:

not easily. you theoretically could but I have never heard it done before. 

No comment on how im supposed to get this done? I essentially want it to act like apples bionic chip, 4 fast cores, and the rest slow for the ez stuff.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

You're asking a bit much. I can't see that working well w/ Synergy unless you game windowed. Synergy gets annoying when full screen gaming.

Synergy sounds like it would be the best choice for your uses.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Just now, Ashiella said:

No comment on how im supposed to get this done? I essentially want it to act like apples bionic chip, 4 fast cores, and the rest slow for the ez stuff.

the software isn't there .

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

I have never seen a setup with different CPU and different socket but that would be neat

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

Just now, Ashiella said:

It would be difficult to do exactly what you are looking to do here. The audio would be difficult to combine as well.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Why not just play music and discord on the other computer, and gaming on the main computer. Sounds like you figure it out already.

Oh interesting idea... odd one but also interesting, personally speaking though it'd make more sense upgrade to an i7 4790k so you have enough multi-threading to do every thing on a single machine, it would pay off in energy bills alone eventually... I wouldn't know how to properly advise you on your plan...

What I do is a bit different when I set up to game on the TV with an always active game pad while someone else can use the system on the monitor+keyboard+mice, that specifically works great can play stuff like The Witcher 3, GTA V and so on on the TV using the gamepad while someone else can internet browser, work on Office and every thing at the actual monitor rendering 2 people using a single PC effectively at the same time (true multi-tasking :P)

But the other way around single person using 2 PCs at the same time? @M.Yurizaki will probably be of more help.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

I am gonna help u..but first..

I AM GONNA NEED TO SCIENCE THE SH*T OUT OF THIS..

and its gonna take a while..

It is going to be a jerry rig if ever LTT saw one. The issue here is the fact that you will be trying to find interfaces and bus speeds for those interfaces that are just practically nonexistent. Synergy can cover input devices, but what will you do with audio? Maybe a DAC with multiple inputs would do it, but that'd get kinda expensive. If his headset is a dual 3.5mm with one for mic and one for headphones then that might work (headphone jack in the dac and mic in the xblahblah pc). But if it's USB, then you'd have to split the usb and plug it into the DAC and then plug the other into the xblahblah PC and disable the output on that PC and have it only take the mic input over the USB. Then you'd have to handle Synergy's annoying thing with full screen games, probably by defining a hot key with autohotkey to turn synergy on or off (essentially a gaming mode on or off like with the windows key on most gaming keyboards now). Then you'd have make sure both PCs are connected to the internet and that that can be handled properly. A small switch or hub maybe?

I think I covered everything.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

It would be difficult to do exactly what you are looking to do here. The audio would be difficult to combine as well.

It isn't to hard, I just plug the audio out from one computer to the line in of the other computer. And use VLC to play the line in input when I want to hear the other computer.

With a mic it might be more challenging. I would probably plug the mic directly into the computer that is on discord. No need for it to pass the mic audio through the gaming computer. In fact maybe I would go the other way, pass the audio from the gaming computer to the secondary computer and have the secondary computer handle all of the audio.

Well I think the best you could do is have both systems on the same drives.. The hard part here is mixing audio from different sources 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

Synergy would handle the KM switching part and you can route the audio from one of the computer's output to the line-in into the other, whichever one you want to listen from. Though since you need a mic input on one of them and I'm going to assume a headset is being used, I would use the x5650 as the final output.

But it also depends if you want something more than stereo from the gaming PC. I had a setup where I still wanted the 5.1 out of the gaming rig but when I switched over to my second PC I wanted its 5.1 out to my speaker system. So I made my own audio switch

At least that's my take on it.

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Synergy would handle the KM switching part and you can route the audio from one of the computer's output to the line-in into the other, whichever one you want to listen from. Though since you need a mic input on one of them and I'm going to assume a headset is being used, I would use the x5650 as the final output.

But it also depends if you want something more than stereo from the gaming PC. I had a setup where I still wanted the 5.1 out of the gaming rig but when I switched over to my second PC I wanted its 5.1 out to my speaker system. So I made my own audio switch

At least that's my take on it.

I use a blue yeti, and i use hd 598's i was thinking like the y splitter but the other way around for sound, etc.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't believe it's a good idea to combine two line-outs into a single one, if that's what you had in mind.

I just want both sources to play through my headphones lol.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Ashiella said:

that's cooked into the chip though, (also Quadcomm have been doing 4 fast 4 slow for years before apple) The Bionic chip or any Quadcomm from the past 5 years is contained within a one actual chip. The combination of hardware like this is just not supported like your saying.  

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

You plug in the line-out of one PC into the line-in of another and you set that computer to play whatever comes in the line-in.

You can do this, it won't be fantastic though. as @M.Yurizaki said

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

13 minutes ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

You can do this, it won't be fantastic though. as @M.Yurizaki said

Its mainly just playing audio and using it as one computer, so synergy and doing what yurizaki said, at least workflow wise would be pretty close.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler