STAFF Enter

horribly outdated
1 minute ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

How do you apply?

They'll open an application thread if they feel like they need more mods.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, TheRandomness said:

we're not going to suddenly allow a person with under 2000 posts just become a staff member.

Even people with over 5000 posts struggle to get in :P.

Ofc, there are plenty of factors at play which indicates that that the Staff want overall great people and not everybody is perfect.

Unless all the mods are secretly bots being controlled by Mortis..... /s

Just now, Giulio Cellocco said:

Okay, Its fine. I will work hard to try and try to get in.

Good Luck.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Even people with over 5000 posts struggle to get in :P.

Ofc, there are plenty of factors at play which indicates that that the Staff want overall great people and not everybody is perfect.

Good Luck.

Yes
Yes
No

Also
-Thread moved to Off Topic.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

All hail Mortis. All hail Mortis.

12 minutes ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

I am very interested in becoming part of the staff?

11 minutes ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

Okay, Its fine. I will work hard to try and try to get in.

Typically being a community member with the sole goal of becoming a mod is a guarantee to never become a mod.

I'm going to guess you're pretty young and don't realize that being a mod is like babysitting a bunch of caffeine-addled 7 year olds with ADHD.

1 minute ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

Is there an age limit or anything? Just out of curiosity.

IIRC 18+ from the last listing.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

Actually, I'm turning eighteen in a month, and about nursing ADHD kids, well, i have done that too...

in all seriousness, it's not really a job you want. You do it, until you don't anymore. A one year gig as a full-time/most-time Admin or Moderator will age you more than playing yatzee with your grandparents all afternoon.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

At a time and place.

When its time the forum will know.

Be-careful what you wish for ...

#AllHailColonel_Mortis

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

7 hours ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

Guys I was wondering: how can I become a staff member on LTT?

There's either a selection made by the current staff, or it's a recruitment drive.

These are some of the requirements from the last recruitment drive ;

• Must have been a member for at least two years
  • Must have 3,000+ posts
  • Must be 18+ years of age
  • Must have excellent written English skills

another consideration is to be a helpful member.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Ok here is GoodByte's secret sauce on how to become a mod. SHHUuut Don't tell any mods!

1. You need to be of age greater than 13 years old. This is Canada, the forum is in Canada, and so the governmental rules applies.
  2. You need to fill in the form 13B yellow on Linus Media Group site. To get this form, you need to fill in 7B Green form. This after the Orange 7B Yellow form, not to be confused with the Orange 7B Yellow form on Yellow paper. The paper of that form is actually Green. And no, its not the 7B Green form mentioned earlier.  The 13B yellow form is to request to be a mod.
  3. Never request to be a mod.
  4. You need to send a mod, bonus points if its me, at you full expense, a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti reference design or better (backed with multiple reviews. Minus points for using Linus as a source... as it is too easy). The graphics card model changes every now and then without warning.
  5. A large water fountain to a mod with installation service, to be place in the front of a mods home (again, bonus points if send to me... hey I don't make the rules...) Larger the water fountain the better.
  6. A 8K OLED 32inch wide gamut, with HDR and Nvidia G-Sync support with a programmable 14bit LUT and 12-bit color processor, 1.07 billion color . You can pick the model and brand. Again, this changes without notice. Bonus points if you send it to SansVarnic, but I recommend to send it to me... for complex reasons.

Now, after all this is completed within 1 week. your name will be put into a hat, and burned to ashes with the hat. The remains are put into another hat, and then it gets incinerated. Once done, we collect the left overs and put into another hat.. and if we pick anything but dust... and it happens to be your name that is fully and easily readable by me, you MAY be a mod.

It's real easy. we all did this.

Last moderator drive thing-ma-jigg required you to have 3000 posts, be 18+, and something else that I can't remember. You also had to write like a roughly 200 word reason as to why you would be a good mod. Even then they still won't necessarily pick you as a mod, you pretty much have to follow the Community Standards perfectly. I doubt I would ever be picked due to my blunt and/or sass replies.

Edited by DeadEyePsycho
clarity

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

oh, and I forgot to mention, I heard there were t-shirts :ph34r:

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

7 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

Good Luck.

Shhh don't let the secret out!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

16 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

oh, and I forgot to mention, I heard there were t-shirts :ph34r:

Well shit now everyone is gonna want to get in and it's all your fault. ?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Ok here is GoodByte's secret sauce on how to become a mod. SHHUuut Don't tell any mods!

1. You need to be of age greater than 13 years old. This is Canada, the forum is in Canada, and so the governmental rules applies.
  2. You need to fill in the form 13B yellow on Linus Media Group site. To get this form, you need to fill in 7B Green form. This after the Orange 7B Yellow form, not to be confused with the Orange 7B Yellow form on Yellow paper. The paper of that form is actually Green. And no, its not the 7B Green form mentioned earlier.  The 13B yellow form is to request to be a mod.
  3. Never request to be a mod.
  4. You need to send a mod, bonus points if its me, at you full expense, a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti reference design or better (backed with multiple reviews. Minus points for using Linus as a source... as it is too easy). The graphics card model changes every now and then without warning.
  5. A large water fountain to a mod with installation service, to be place in the front of a mods home (again, bonus points if send to me... hey I don't make the rules...) Larger the water fountain the better.
  6. A 8K OLED 32inch wide gamut, with HDR and Nvidia G-Sync support with a programmable 14bit LUT and 12-bit color processor, 1.07 billion color . You can pick the model and brand. Again, this changes without notice. Bonus points if you send it to SansVarnic, but I recommend to send it to me... for complex reasons.

Now, after all this is completed within 1 week. your name will be put into a hat, and burned to ashes with the hat. The remains are put into another hat, and then it gets incinerated. Once done, we collect the left overs and put into another hat.. and if we pick anything but dust... and

Okay, noted.

11 hours ago, Giulio Cellocco said:

I am very interested in becoming part of the staff?

they contact you to become staff, you dont contact them 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no