Intel with VEGA graphics?! Debunked

NumLock21
Go to solution Solved by Fetzie,

Maybe not this time :)

http://www.tech-critter.com/2017/10/alleged-image-of-intel-chip-with-vega.html?m=1

Apparently somebody who works there is called Vega, and they won an employee of the month style award.

7 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's a project for Apple, more than likely. Intel just doesn't do GPUs too well and AMD is the iGPU kings. There's been a lot of rumors about it for months now, but it far more likely, if it eventually happens, to be some hybrid package setup for Apple laptops. At least until Apple's own GPU division is fully established. (They're building out a massive graphics group in Austin, TX right now.)

It will if the Ryzen APU turns out good.

5 hours ago, leadeater said:

Most laptops that weren't MacBook Pros in the past didn't get chips with Iris Pro iGPUs in them though, the HD 4600 performance is more representative of Intel based laptops that people ended up buying. Not checked recently but it would be nice if Intel just went with Iris Pro as standard.

The good Iris Pro is way to expensive to make and even that was equal at best to a 5 year old AMD product and it was still better in 3D Graphics.

Why would AMD do this when their AMD APU are just around the corner.

I can only see this as a deal with apple for them to get a Intel, Vega SOC for their laptops/mini desktops.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

Why would AMD do this when their AMD APU are just around the corner.

I can only see this as a deal with apple for them to get a Intel, Vega SOC for their laptops/mini desktops.

This appears to be an error/fake, but the topic sticks around. What they've denied is that RTG graphics would be on-die with an Intel CPU. That will, more than likely, always be true. (Though apparently Intel does have a deal with AMD to cover some GPU IP.) However, on an Interposer so they're on the same package? Apple could set that up, and it would make logical sense for Apple since they likely have a "will use Intel CPUs" deal that could stretch for years in the future.

The last time the rumor started on this, it was that Intel was interested in licensing some patents from AMD. Not that Intel wanted an AMD GPU inside of their processors. Intel already licensed a bunch of patents from NVIDIA, and that deal seems to be valid for the next 20 years. That doesn't mean NVIDIA's GPUs were ever in an Intel chip.

Keep in mind that AMD and NVIDIA own a lot of GPU technology related patents (there's probably some sprinkled around what was left of Imagination and Intel may have a few), so if anyone really wants to do any modern GPU work, they're likely going to have to cut a deal with AMD or NVIDIA to use some technology.

im pretty sure they said they were NOT doing this not too long ago tho?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Intel was using graphics licensed from Imagination Technologies (IT) , PowerVR something. The same company was behind MIPS architecture (processors used in Sony Playstation for example, and newer designs in switches, routers, network appliances mostly).  Then Intel developed their own graphics and Apple also stopped using Imagination Technologies' designs, and that's why just recently IT was sold (or is trying to be sold) to a Chinese group, and their shares dropped a lot.

Intel may license graphics from RTG, but it wouldn't surprise me if AMD also gets some design wins with Zen+ and integrated Vega graphics.

Where's the new news? :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

http://www.tech-critter.com/2017/10/alleged-image-of-intel-chip-with-vega.html?m=1

Apparently somebody who works there is called Vega, and they won an employee of the month style award.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Holy shit this is kinda hilarious.  The dude in the picture's name is Vega.  This was part of some campaign to highlight employees doing cool/interesting shit.

Is accurate.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

57 minutes ago, Fetzie said:

29 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Holy shit this is kinda hilarious.  The dude in the picture's name is Vega.  This was part of some campaign to highlight employees doing cool/interesting shit.

Is accurate.

So, you're telling me that Intel is now performing some kind of dark ritual to trap their best performing employees into their CPUs? xD

35 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

So, you're telling me that Intel is now performing some kind of dark ritual to trap their best performing employees into their CPUs? xD

It's not exactly a dark ritual lol. what intel does here is actually something like, nominate a well performing employee from a certain division in such fashion:

<employee's name> inside, <division name> outside

And, this Mr.Vega is actually an employee in the mobile performance division.

Hi everyone

This is probably fake , why ?

1- AMD is going to launch its new APUs based on ZEN core architecture and it makes no sense to help intel with their IGPUs.

2-RTG is still part of AMD, so they can't go ahead and help their competitor and say we are a different company !

3- The most important one : The source is wccftech so yeh, don't believe it xDxD

10 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Hi everyone

This is probably fake , why ?

1- AMD is going to launch its new APUs based on ZEN core architecture and it makes no sense to help intel with their IGPUs.

2-RTG is still part of AMD, so they can't go ahead and help their competitor and say we are a different company !

3- The most important one : The source is wccftech so yeh, don't believe it xDxD

already debunked lol. 
source: http://www.tech-critter.com/2017/10/alleged-image-of-intel-chip-with-vega.html

7 hours ago, MageTank said:

Now, if AMD would sell RTG off to Intel, and let Intel fight Nvidia in the GPU world, AMD would have a nice influx of cash to focus entirely on CPU's. That would be pretty neat, but I also doubt that will happen anytime soon. 

Am I the only one that got a little bit hard at the thought of an Intel R+D budget going into a GPU?  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

Am I the only one that got a little bit hard at the thought of an Intel R+D budget going into a GPU?  

Not at all. I would love to see a card that looks like this.

image.jpeg.682c92323a716a08650e2251f5464a29.jpeg