CPU mining build on an extremely tight budget

I am building a CPU mining build using some of the current parts I already have. I already have the motherboard, hard drive, and memory. My main concern is keeping this system cool as it will be running for 24 hours a day. Below is the PC Part Picker link. Is there anything here that I am missing? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dxQkpb

Just now, Mooshi said:

Mining and budget....diet soda, healthy fried food..does not compute.

I'm confused... 

6 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

I'm confused... 

Waste of money.

You will get more money by buying lottery tickets, or burning your $20 bills to heat your home.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

15 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

I am building a CPU mining build using some of the current parts I already have. I already have the motherboard, hard drive, and memory. My main concern is keeping this system cool as it will be running for 24 hours a day. Below is the PC Part Picker link. Is there anything here that I am missing? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dxQkpb

CPU aren't good at mining, did you pull a rackmount from a dumpster server or something?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

CPU aren't good at mining, did you pull a rackmount from a dumpster server or something?

No

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

No

Did you actually buy all of those parts?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

CPU mining won't get you anywhere

but if you must do it

mining doesn't need ram

or pci lanes

or storage space

or ghz

it needs raw power

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Just now, TheCherryKing said:

Some of them.

Should probably just sell them to someone as a server, should make as much money as CPU mining would over 10 years if you got like the motherboard/RAM for free.

You can also put it together and rent it out, you'll have to look into how profitable that is though, but mining isn't going to be worth it.

http://moneypantry.com/turn-pc-on-make-money/

Spoiler

Just now, LtStaffel said:

CPU mining won't get you anywhere

but if you must do it

mining doesn't need ram

or pci lanes

or storage space

or ghz

it needs raw power

I already have the RAM and the hard drive. Two 12-Core CPU's are raw power.

2 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

I already have the RAM and the hard drive. Two 12-Core CPU's are raw power.

CPUs are many many orders of magnitude slower than GPU when it comes to mining. That's just etherium though, but it's about the same story everywhere.

Some numbers - running ethminer on my CPU gives me a hashrate of 0.248 megahashes per second (MH/s). For comparison, each of my over-clocked AMD R9 390X GPUs gives me a hashrate of about 31.58 MH/s. My GPU gives me 127x the hashrate of my CPU. It is a lowish end CPU AMD FX(tm)-6350 6 core processor and with motherboard + CPU + disk drive + fans consumes about 200 Watts, or 4.8 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per day.

What did you see that made you think CPU mining was good?

Spoiler

One budget Bugatti Veyron to go please and cup holders on the side. Thanks!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

5 minutes ago, TheCherryKing said:

Looks like all of the info related to that is from 2014, dunno if it still applies.

You could try monero, but overall CPU mining is worthless
https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/how-to-mine-monero/

Spoiler