BIOS UPDATE

IS THERE ANY WAY TO UPDATE MOTHERBOARD BIOS FOR KABY LAKE WITHOUT USING SKYLAKE PROCESSOR. THE ONE I WANT IS H110M AND I DONT HAVE A SKYLAKE PROCESSOR OR KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS IT. IS THERE A WAY WITHOUT USING A CPU.I HEARD OF Q-FLASH BUT NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK WITHOUT THE CPU OR WITH THIS MODEL OF MOTHERBOARD.HELLLP

You can't power up a system without a compatible CPU and because 99.99% of all boards don't have a way of updating the BIOS without being powered on... No.

ALSO, WHY ARE WE YELLING?!?!??!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, Minibois said:

You can't power up a system without a compatible CPU and because 99.99% of all boards don't have a way of updating the BIOS without being powered on... No.

AGREE

8 minutes ago, Ash.J said:

IS THERE ANY WAY TO UPDATE MOTHERBOARD BIOS FOR KABY LAKE WITHOUT USING SKYLAKE PROCESSOR. THE ONE I WANT IS H110M AND I DONT HAVE A SKYLAKE PROCESSOR OR KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS IT. IS THERE A WAY WITHOUT USING A CPU.I HEARD OF Q-FLASH BUT NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK WITHOUT THE CPU OR WITH THIS MODEL OF MOTHERBOARD.HELLLP

Writing in all caps in considered yelling online its also considered slightly rude. 

Now that we got that out of the way. You can always contact a local PC repair shop to see if they can update the BIOS for you. As they would most likely have a CPU to use. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

If you have both the motherboard and CPU, just test it. It won't break.

It's weird that this still is a problem. Should have been a way to run bios for update with. There must be alot that has had this problem through the years. Especially with AMD before Ryzen. Had the same issue when I was buying an AM3+ platform. AM3+ socket and AM3+ CPU needed a bios update, but no way of doing it without buying a cheap CPU that nobody had in stock. Sent it back, and got a Intel setup instead. Which worked since they switched sockets often so this issue was alot less likely to happend.

That why I ordered a Ryzen build now, and not next year.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

If it's a nice retailer, you can ask them to flash the mobo before sending it. It worked for one of my friends.

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

sorry for the trouble guys (sorry for the caps as well, did not mean to shout).I shall try getting this problem fixed with the nearest PC repair as suggested by Donut417 . i just hope they have a sky lake.

Only top tier Asus boards have flashback feature.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv