XBOX ONE outsold PS4 2-1 on black friday

nicehat

How come these freaking consoles go on sale while GTX Titans(fine 780ti) never do! Hardware companies really need to start marketing outside the PC enthusiast sector of the internet.

Or it could be that they don't want to put their stuff on sale which would make sense...

The consoles were full price surely....are retailers actually paying to get rid of these machines on black friday? That makes no sense, they barely have a markup if any already.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

The consoles were full price surely....are retailers actually paying to get rid of these machines on black friday? That makes no sense, they barely have a markup if any already.

Who knows maybe xbox is paying them to give them big numbers to throw at sony's face or something.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

no surprise xbox ones ui and online service is superior to ps4 in everyway which makes for an all round better experience imo.

Sry man, i know that you did the research on this, but this makes no sense to post as relevant news. Why you may ask?

Well:

1. Black Friday works in North America only if i am not mistaking ( if i am wrong, spam me with links to prove me wrong, feel free, will not get offended )

2. The article says in the US, that means it has no Canada involved.

3. Play Station never outsells Xbox in North America, the rest of the world is different, I am from Europe so i know why i say this, i can not even think of 5 people i know that have an Xbox ( any gen ), all have PC-s, PS ( 1,2,3 ) or a Wii.

4. This means nothing, because naturally Microsoft will give discounts on it's products to their largest costumer base, Sony does that too.

1. Black Friday is in Canada as well

2. Yes, US sample size

3. Subjective analysis

4. What?

Listen, everyone. I dont know if you know how polls work. They dont work by polling everyone that walks out of a store with what looks like a console. You take sample size that you feel represents America's cross section as a whole and analyze it. 

"The data includes purchases at all major retailers carrying electronics including Walmart, Target, Best Buy, GameStop, RadioShack, and others."

I dont have access to his alpha or beta analysis but it seems legit. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

So a guy at my school comes up to me and says "I want an Xbox One for Xmas, it looks awesome!"

So I reply with "Why would you want an Xbone? You should get something else instead."

He says "Because Ryse, that's why."

I say "Because 900p, that's why."

He replies with "What's 900p?"

Facepalm_facepalm.png

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

3. Subjective analysis

4. What?

This is not my subjective analysis, Play Station does not outsell the Xbox in the US, same goes with XBox not outselling the Play Station in Europe, that has been like that since the original Xbox, I am just stating that of all people i know maybe 5 of them own an Xbox ( any gen )

The sales at black Friday mean nothing since this is a massive sale that affects 2 countries, and the same goes when Sony does this in Asia and Europe. These numbers will mean something after a year of the release, and i would not be surprised that Sony takes the lead in the US as well as in Europe, since as a gaming console it is a superior product, same goes with the Xbox being a superior multi media machine, but i don't believe gamers will buy the XBone for that, just saying.

Don't get me wrong i am not bashing the XBone i would like to own all consoles just because i want to play exclusive games on them, but to be honest i would love PC ports for all those games xD

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

Sry man, i know that you did the research on this, but this makes no sense to post as relevant news. Why you may ask?

Well:

1. Black Friday works in North America only if i am not mistaking ( if i am wrong, spam me with links to prove me wrong, feel free, will not get offended )

2. The article says in the US, that means it has no Canada involved.

3. Play Station never outsells Xbox in North America, the rest of the world is different, I am from Europe so i know why i say this, i can not even think of 5 people i know that have an Xbox ( any gen ), all have PC-s, PS ( 1,2,3 ) or a Wii.

4. This means nothing, because naturally Microsoft will give discounts on it's products to their largest costumer base, Sony does that too.

United States is both consoles largest market. Unless of course you consider Georgia, Greece, Finland, and Luxembourg the same market. So points 1, 2, and 4 could be reworded as "Xbox One outsells Playstation 4 in the United States". Outselling in the largest market is hardly irrelevant news. I think outselling in any of the top 5 markets is significant news. But I'd really be interested in any markets sales, even Algeria. 

Point 3 is not necessarily true. As a whole it's true just not worded correctly, the Playstation 3 outsold the Xbox 360 if you take away United States for both. But the Xbox 360 outsold the Playstation 3 in the United Kingdom for example, another huge market.

This is not my subjective analysis, Play Station does not outsell the Xbox in the US, same goes with XBox not outselling the Play Station in Europe, that has been like that since the original Xbox, I am just stating that of all people i know maybe 5 of them own an Xbox ( any gen )

The sales at black Friday mean nothing since this is a massive sale that affects 2 countries, and the same goes when Sony does this in Asia and Europe. These numbers will mean something after a year of the release, and i would not be surprised that Sony takes the lead in the US as well as in Europe, since as a gaming console it is a superior product, same goes with the Xbox being a superior multi media machine, but i don't believe gamers will buy the XBone for that, just saying.

Don't get me wrong i am not bashing the XBone i would like to own all consoles just because i want to play exclusive games on them, but to be honest i would love PC ports for all those games xD

Stating that all the people you know have Playstations is a completely subjective analysis.

The US is the most important market to target with these console releases due to demand and sheer customer base. If it doesnt do well in the US, it doesnt matter how well it does in Canada or Japan, the product will not succeed. If the PS4 does well in Europe but not in the US, its seen as a failure. The same is for Xboxone. Its unfortunate, but this is just the way it is. Black Friday is an important day to unload product in the most important market in the world, the US. The amount unloaded in that weekend is important as it shows initial consumer interest and anticipated demand for further supply. 

To finish, I really dont care about any of these consoles, and wont be buying as I dont really have time for them. But its interesting to sit back and observe the black friday/cyber monday mayhem 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I'm about to strangle someone if I keep seeing a dozen PC master race posts on every single console thread.

EXACTLY.

So a guy at my school comes up to me and says "I want an Xbox One for Xmas, it looks awesome!"

So I reply with "Why would you want an Xbone? You should get something else instead."

He says "Because Ryse, that's why."

I say "Because 900p, that's why."

He replies with "What's 900p?"

Facepalm_facepalm.png

Ryse isn't even that good of a game...

Shame people have no taste in consoles anymore. Everyone mentions Xbone and PS4 while the types of games played by both tend to be the same crap you can get on PC, but better. Sony used to have a MUST BUY library back during the PSX/PS2 days and Microsoft's saving grace was Halo... People tend to forget about Nintendo, which imo, has way better exclusive franchises.

I'm not surprised. the fanboyism for Xbox is crazy.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Sounds like Princess Kenny didn't help much...

IMO the PS4 looks ugly, that's just me though.

Imo both look ugly, had they made the ps4 with flat sides and no glossy plastic it would have looked so much better.

Well the PS4 outsold the Xbox Globally, so I really don't think Sony's that bothered.  :rolleyes:

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I bought an Xbox One simply because there weren't a lot of PS4s.

The reason the Xbox One sold 2:1 compared to PS4s? Stock.

Walmart had 27 Xbox Ones and 6 PS4s. Gamestop had 10 of each. Another two Gamestops had only 2 of each. One Gamestop had 40 Xbox Ones and 7 PS4s. Xbox One has so much more stock to go around it seems.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5